feeling really apathetic about my DDC...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2008, 10:50 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
It's not that I've had my feelings hurt or anything...I just am having such a hard time connecting with most of my DDC. I don't really care. I'm having a hard time even opening threads because I'm not interested, let alone even posting at all.

I've just been feeling so...blah...lately...

I feel like you ladies know me better and so I'd rather post here. *shrugs*

December 3rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Britt, I felt the same way. I've stopped posting there at all. Every once in a while I lurk, but that's it. I love all the girls here, so this is my home.

December 3rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm sorry you aren't feeling connected to your DDC, and that you are feeling blah...ugh...I know the feeling But I'm glad you like posting here (even if I haven't been around for very long)!!

December 3rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I never joined my DDC, I feel that this is my DDC, I love this place too much to ever leave. I feel that here I can be myself and talk about things that I probably wouldn't in a DDC.

December 3rd, 2008, 11:13 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brittanie, I know how you feel. I actually really like quite a few ppl in my DDC. I think they're great, but for some reason, even when I go there to post, I loose interest, and find myslef right back here. I feel so much more comfortable here.
December 3rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's funny you post this, because I feel the EXACT same way. I have never been made to feel bad or anything, but I just can't "get into it". There are plenty of very nice ladies (and some not so nice ) over there, but it just isn't the same as it is here.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
December 3rd, 2008, 12:26 PM
MamaTTx2's Avatar Super Mommy
I can't really complain about my due date club as everyone has been pretty great there. I do completely understand were you are coming from though. I check posts and reply but mostly because I feel obligated to. I always come directly to PAL and then my ddc and then can't wait to get back to PAL!
You all helped me feel so much better about this pregnancy and have helped me accept my loss. I truly appreciate all of you ladies in PAL!

Kaylee Rose (born April 13, 2009)
Ethan Lucas (5 yrs. old)
December 3rd, 2008, 12:40 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
I check posts and reply but mostly because I feel obligated to.[/b]

That's exactly it. I think it's also that we're all at the "boring" part of pregnancy. All of us who are going to find out the gender have...there's nothing more exciting until we start having the babies, which hopefully won't be happening for a while yet...

There's always something exciting going on here though.

December 3rd, 2008, 12:44 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
There's always something exciting going on here though. [/b]
That's so true

December 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I felt the same way about my DDC....now its a PR and well....it's OK....but nothing like here

December 3rd, 2008, 06:10 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Christal
I felt the same way in my DDC but now I cant post anywhere because my beautiful baby boy hates computers or anything that does not involve me giving him my 100% attention all of the time lol.
December 3rd, 2008, 09:08 PM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
I can't stand most of the DDC's because everyone is so uneducated. Most people post false information involving pregnancy. Or they just post the most blatantly OBVIOUS ###### like... "don't drink alcohol when you're pregnant" That's just a wee bit annoying.

I really did enjoy being in the November DDC though. The July DDC is just kind of BLAH and full of dummies sometimes.

December 3rd, 2008, 09:48 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Quote:
I can't stand most of the DDC's because everyone is so uneducated. Most people post false information involving pregnancy. Or they just post the most blatantly OBVIOUS ###### like... "don't drink alcohol when you're pregnant" That's just a wee bit annoying.

I really did enjoy being in the November DDC though. The July DDC is just kind of BLAH and full of dummies sometimes.[/b]
I'm sorry if this is going to sound dumb but you were once in the Nov DDC? Thats my DDC and thats why I asked.

I dont really care for mine either. For the most part the girls are nice but ever since the beginning theres been little clicks and I cant help but notice a lot of the girls that arent in those clicks when they post their posts dont really get much attention. Mine were the same way so I dont post there as much but when I do I try to post to the posts thats everyone's overlooked.

December 4th, 2008, 04:28 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
December 4th, 2008, 04:49 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Quote:

I really did enjoy being in the November DDC though. The July DDC is just kind of BLAH and full of dummies sometimes.[/b]
Thanks Jessica

I do know the post you mean, about the not drinking alcohol, and the huge debate it cause...I was like wha!? That's even an issue? I thought that one was just common sense.

December 4th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sorry if this is going to sound dumb but you were once in the Nov DDC? Thats my DDC and thats why I asked.

I dont really care for mine either. For the most part the girls are nice but ever since the beginning theres been little clicks and I cant help but notice a lot of the girls that arent in those clicks when they post their posts dont really get much attention. Mine were the same way so I dont post there as much but when I do I try to post to the posts thats everyone's overlooked.
[/b]

Yeah, I was there for a little while. I was due November 6th.

And I don't think you're a dummy, Amy.

December 5th, 2008, 02:45 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
hunny i forced myself to post on mine and now i have to keep them updated but to be honest i feel the same most of the time. i would rather just post here and ttcal. my homes from homes!
xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
December 5th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same. I just lurk to see what the ladies are going through and compare belly pics. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I don't think I'll connect with them so I haven't joined. Maybe I will one day and maybe I'll feel connected after I join but I really don't want to yet.

December 5th, 2008, 07:43 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i like my PR, but is not the same as my PAL. i LOVE PAL! i feel so much closer to the ladies here.
you are all so wonderful and i don't know what i would have done without you & i just am amazed at how supportive and caring everyone here is.
December 5th, 2008, 10:02 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
i just re read this.. THANK YOU JESSICA!!!
dont worry amy, i think you are great hun there a few i know due in july but i dont really talk to them on there, more in other ones lol. i think the only one i actually can say i like wholeheartedly from july ddc that i DONT talk to somewhere else (had to make that part clear ) is adrienne, britts sis!
xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search