Just need reassurance

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Veteran
I have been lurking on the boards now for about 6 months and finally decided to start posting! First of all, I am 28 years old and my husband and I are trying to conceive our first child. I had a miscarriage at about 9 weeks back in August and just found out I am pregnant again last week (think that puts me at 5 weeks today!).
I have an ultrasound scheduled for the 19th to see if everything is going as it should but I am just scared beyond belief. I am trying to prepare myself for the worst just incase but praying that everything will be fine. My first miscarriage really took a toll on me, I have always been a healthy person with no medical problems or surgeries so it was really hard to deal with and kind of took the excitement out of getting pregnant.

I feel like I really don't have many symptoms right now which also scares me but I have had a really bad cold/sinus infection the past week so I am not sure if that is just masking any symptoms I am having. Anyways, that is my story- I guess it is just nice to have a place to "talk" about things like this with people that have had same/similar experiences.
December 5th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats!
I'm sorry for your previous lost but you have come to the right place. The girls here are awesome, and very supportive. I know that the next 2 weeks will be very hard for you, but we are here for you. It does get easier, I found that once you pass the milestone of your m/c, you kind of breath a little better and you worry a bit less. Take it one day at the time, enjoy each day.

December 5th, 2008, 08:22 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Welcome and congrats. I'm sorry for your loss also. I agree with Patty, we will help you get through this. These ladies are amazing. It does get easier, but the fear just lingers there.

December 5th, 2008, 08:24 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1

congratulations on your bfp and welcome to our loving forum
my symptoms have been on and off since finding out (apart from the hormones and im now 7.3weeks ) and it is scarey. at least you have a scan booked so you will be more relaxed over xmas.
nothing people can say can make that fear go away but over time you learn to cope with it with love and support
i am sending lots of sticky dust your way and look forward to getting to know you better

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
December 5th, 2008, 08:35 AM
MamaTTx2's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello and welcome. I don't want to sound so "bummer" but the worry will always be there. At least it is still there for me. My loss was also at 9 weeks, bub actually quit growing at 6. I am now 21 weeks and still have a little worry in the back of my mind everyday. You will find a way to keep going. You are def stronger than you give yourself credit for. Keep chugging and remember that we are ALWAYS here for you when you need some support or reassurance.

Kaylee Rose (born April 13, 2009)
Ethan Lucas (5 yrs. old)
December 5th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Pound's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
welcome and congrats! i was scared out of my mind in the beginning too, worrying over everything, and even had spotting, but once you make it past your m/c point, it gets a little easier. not completely though lol, i still worry. if you get an u/s early, it will be reassuring to see the heartbeat. that made me feel so muchbetter.

December 5th, 2008, 10:05 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
welcome and congratulations !!!!

I am glad you found us here....we all understand the fears, and anxieties that go hand in hand with PAL.
we all "get it" and are not judgemental....we wont tell you that you are nuts for doing things like repeated hpt tests or checking toilet paper.....we all did it/ do it !!

December 5th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Veteran
Thanks girls. I feel bad for anyone who goes through any pregnancy loss but I guess sometimes it is reassuring knowing your not the only one (as awful as that sounds!) My mom also told me that the worrying never stops and it probably just gets worse once they are actually born so I guess I have that to look forward to!!

December 5th, 2008, 02:29 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and Congrats!!!

I am sorry to hear about your loss, miscarriage is a really tough thing. I was like you, healthy as a horse, never got sick, never needed any surgeries, etc.... Then, blammo, this happens. It is devastating and lonely. I found this board to be my savior during my most difficult times, and now it is my little network of online friends who I think of often. I love it here and I am sure you will too!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
December 5th, 2008, 03:40 PM
braeden&chase'smom's Avatar Veteran
Hi and Welcome!

I completely understand your fears and probably anxiety, I am experiencing the same at this moment. Had my loss at 8 weeks in July. I am 8 weeks now and every week I play the wating game, just to be sure there are no symptoms of a possible m/c. I'm sure your doctor, knowing your history, will want to pay extra special attention to your progress this time. I have learned that I cannot go on every day worrying that something may go wrong this time. If you can, remember how blessed you are to have conceived again and hopefully everything will turn out just fine with this one. I too have no health issues and gave birth to one perfectly healthy child already, so the loss for me this year was a complete shock. Try to have faith that everything will be fine!

Hope to see you around here and please KUP.

Take care! Amy

December 5th, 2008, 08:09 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Welcome to PAL..and congrats on your new babybean. I wish that the worries never came..and that we had our innocence back..but for what worries you do have..you have a great group of girls here to listen and help you. Happy and Healthy nine months sweety!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search