New Here!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Newbies
Hey Everyone, My name is Jilian and I found out today that I'm pregnant. My husband and I have been trying to conceive since March of 2006. We got lucky in June of that year but it only lasted for 8 weeks. The egg failed to implant at all, and one night it just fell out. Sorry if TMI. Anyway, we tried really hard after that and when it didn't we just kind of gave up and for the last year and a half we just haven't prevented, if you know what I mean. I decided I would just chart for a while to make sure I was ovulating and to keep an eye on my cycles. 3 months ago my system went haywire and I had the wosrt AF ever, and when the next AF was late I thought maybe I had finally gotten lucky. I tested but it was negative. Anyway AF arrived 8 days late and when she did arrive it was lighter than normal and only lasted 3 days. Now, AF was due November 30th and when she didn't arrive I figured I was just going to be late again and decided when she did arrive I would make a doctors appointment to find out if anything was wrong. Well today I decided to test, really thinking that it was going to be negative. I figured what the heck, AF was late and I seemed to be really tired, so I took the test and set it down and almost forgot to look at it. About 5 minutes later it I was about to get up and I just happened to look down and see that the test was very definitely positive. There is no mistaking those very clear pink lines. So, I guess I am about 4 1/2 weeks pregnant and I'm terrified. I know it's still very early, but I'm afraid to tell anyone, even my husband. I figured if there was anyone who could understand my feelings it would be the women on this board. I can't remember ever being this scared, maybe I'm being paranoid but I can't seem to help myself.

Anyway, sorry for dumping all this out. I just needed to get it out. Tanks.

December 6th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Jilian, Welcome and Congratulations! I know exactly what you mean about being paranoid and all the other ladies will understand too. It does get better with time, as you pass small milestones. Honestly, besides my husband, I didn't tell anyone I was pregnant until I was about 12 weeks. I bought a doppler and that helps a ton during my freak out moments. It may help you too but you can't hear until 10 weeks usually (8 weeks earliest).

Try to take it one day at a time. Soon you'll start to open up to the possibility that everything will be okay I look forward to getting to know you better!

December 6th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Jilian

You are in the right place! We all understand the nervous apprehension that comes with pregnancy after a loss. I still worry but every day I feel a little better! These ladies are fantastic and I know you will love it here!

Glad you joined us!
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

December 6th, 2008, 08:48 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
welcome to the board !!!

you have come to the right place. we all understand the fears that go along with PAL....
we are here for you....

congratulations and best wishes!

December 6th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Newbies
Thanks Ladies. I really want this pregnancy to go full term. I'm going to be nervous until I first pass the 8 week mark, and then the first trimester mark. I finally told my husband, and he cried, he was so happy.

December 7th, 2008, 07:14 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jilian, Welcome to the board - I'm so happy for you and your dh! PG after loss is filled with apprehension, but the other ladies are right, each new milestone that you pass will help feel a little better. I hope you have a very happy and healthy pg!

December 7th, 2008, 07:25 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
hi jillian and welcome
we all understand your fears but there is a great bunch of ladies here who are a huge support to everyone.
i look forward to getting to know you
x

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
December 7th, 2008, 12:05 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Hi Jiliian and Welcome to PAL!! Congrats on your new bean!! ..I was so scared to tell people because I did not want to have to "take it back" or deliver bad news to them..but the support they gave me, and the prayers were wonderful!! Wishing you a H&H nine month honey!
December 8th, 2008, 05:42 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Congrats and Welcome Jilian. These women are wonderful. We are all here for you throughout this scary time. We'll get you through it. We all know how it feels. I look forward to getting to know you.

December 8th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you and wish you the best pregnancy and healthy baby!
December 8th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thanks Ladies. I really want this pregnancy to go full term. I'm going to be nervous until I first pass the 8 week mark, and then the first trimester mark. I finally told my husband, and he cried, he was so happy.[/b]

Reading this almost made me cry (I'm at work so I have to keep it to a minimun).
Congrats on your pregnancy, the girls here are amazing. This is a very scary part of pg and we are here for you, we will help you through it. Welcome!

December 9th, 2008, 07:54 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Congratulations and Welcome!! Sending lots of sticky dust your way

December 9th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Jilian! First off, I'm terribly sorry for your loss! Second, CONGRATS on your pregnancy and welcome to PAL!! Being pregnant after a loss is just terribly hard, it's confusing, it's nerve-wracking, it's extra emotional, and all kind of other stuff. The ladies here are absolutely wonderful, and we're all here to help each other through it. Again, welcome and I look forward to getting to know you! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search