Will DH stay overnight at the hospital with you?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On a similar topic of delivery viewers... Will DH or SO stay overnight with you after you deliver the baby?

My friend thinks it is weird that I told Travis to go home at night and just visit during the day when Naden was born. I plan to do the same this time too. Travis has a hard time being cooped up indoors anyway plus the fact that I'd like him to be home with Naden as much as possible. I don't know, I just don't think he has to be there at night. And anyway, it is fun me time with the baby and it's not like I don't have the nurses if I need help. What are you all planning to do for the few nights in the hospital?

December 6th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
DH is spending the night with me. I get a private room so he can stay and it doesn't cost anymore. Makenna will be with my parent's and she's stayed overnight there before countless times, so I know she's taken care of. There's a bed in my room for him. At the hospital I'm at the baby stays in your room 24/7 (there's no nursery) so I'm wanting to co-parent from the beginning. I don't do it all myself at home (DH takes the 4am feeding) and I sure as heck won't be doing it after I give birth by myself.
December 6th, 2008, 08:45 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have talked about it, but I think he will. Our hospital is supposed to have a "comfortable guest bed" in the L/D/postpartum rooms.

December 6th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
DH did with Erin. This time though, I think he'll be home overnight with Erin while I'm in the hospital. If I had family close by who could take her, maybe I'd think otherwise, but since we don't, someone needs to take care of her!

December 6th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
If it doesn't cost extra, then he can stay. I'm pretty sure insurance will not cover an extra person to stay though. So, to save some money, he can go home for the night and visit right away in the morning.

December 6th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No he will not stay the night. Heck I am not sure . I have to have a c-section in another town that Is 45 minutes away. So I am not sure. We have a 3 year then to worry about. The other two kids will be at there dads house.
December 6th, 2008, 01:40 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
He best be I unerstand all the arguments for having him go home, but I'm selfish, I want him there with me!

December 6th, 2008, 07:16 PM
ChattyAshley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He'll be staying for sure. The rooms have these comfy window-bed thingies so he'll be fine.

Thanks to Babydoll213 for my cute siggy!
December 7th, 2008, 06:52 AM
*Pamela*
When I had Ethanael, my hubby could have stayed but he was needed at home for Alexander.

Now I'm in the UK, the hospital I was in doesn't allow the hubby to stay.....not even past 8pm unless the baby's head is crowning. Thing is, in the delivery rooms, they are private so should be able to stay until the baby is born instead of being sent home and risk not being there for the birth. After the baby is born, you're transfered to a ward with 3 other mothers and babies and the husbands aren't allowed to stay. But even if he was able to stay, we have children at home that need him more at home than I would need him in the hospital.

December 7th, 2008, 12:15 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I mentioned it to him, but he insists on being with me and Hayden the whole time.....OKAY!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
December 7th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure if he knows it or not, but he will be No, I know he will want to be. It is our first though, so he has no where better to be

December 7th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will have someone here with the boys...DH will be with me at the hospital...night time is the best new mommy and daddy bonding time with the baby...plus we like to snuggle in the hospital bed with the new baby

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
December 8th, 2008, 04:30 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think DH will be there all night. He wants to experience everything, and I think that's great. They have have good guest beds, and for DH it will be free.
December 8th, 2008, 05:24 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
My dh will stay with me at night (so will Haley)

December 8th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With previous children, I've always sent him home. It's bad enough they wake you up every 3-4 hours with the baby and taking stats, I didn't need his snoring to add to the lack of sleep.

This baby, I'm still holding out hope for a home birth. Find out next Monday if the baby is still perfect (all tests so far as showing normal baby). If they are, I can be released from my HR OB to a normal OB however I'm asking to be released to a midwife for a homebirth. We'll see.

December 8th, 2008, 06:39 AM
MamaTTx2's Avatar Super Mommy
With DS his father left at night and came back in the morning. He did call in the night crying because he was feeling so guilty for leaving us "all alone".
I haven't talked to DH about staying the night but I don't think that there is any way that I would be able to get him away from me and the new baby! He is like a mother hen with DS so I'm sure that it will be no diff this time!

Kaylee Rose (born April 13, 2009)
Ethan Lucas (5 yrs. old)
December 8th, 2008, 06:42 AM
jenn27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't really talked about those kinds of things yet but I feel pretty sure that he would stay with me even if I told him that he could go home and rest. I just don't think he will leave me up there by myself. Plus the hospital is about an hour away from where we live so i'm pretty sure he will be right there beside me.

December 8th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I honestly don't know, I would assume that he will, but we haven't talked about it, if he doesn't I know my mom will stay with me and he can go home and take care of my furbaby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search