Best Remedy?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
What is the best remedy when you are suffering a headache, dizziness, and nausea all at the same time????

I kid you not, I am suffering today! I have a headache and the pain is just specifically above my left eye. I had a hard time even getting out of bed, but since I was feeling nauseous, I told myself to get up and eat. I'm not quite sure why I feel so dizzy. But, I also woke up feeling like I was on fire, but my temp was only 98.53 or something like that.

This is the worst I have felt so far. I had to take some Tylenol this morning. I almost threw those right back up. I have a feeling this is going to be a really long day.

December 7th, 2008, 09:31 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
rest and fluids hun. its what doc told me anyway
xxx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
December 7th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
ditto on the fluids. The headache and dizziness sound like dehydration to me. It's hard to stay hydrated when you're nauseated, I know. Avoid caffeinated drinks. Caffeine makes your kidneys work faster, so they don't absorb as much liquid, so it actually dehydrates you. For me, it's easier to drink flavored waters (regular water upsets my stomach, but the moment it has something in it I'm okay), that aren't too cold. Also, drink slowly, sips instead of gulps.

Good luck! This is my biggest battle when pregnant! (speaking of, I should go find something to drink...)

December 7th, 2008, 10:00 AM
The dehydration thing surprises me. All I drink is water. Water all day, every day. I may have been dehydrated from last night. I leave water on my nightstand, but I rarely ever drink it because then I have to get up numerous times to pee in the middle of the night. I'm going to have DH do most of the laundry for me today.

I honestly feel hungover. That's sort of what it feels like.

December 7th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
I honestly feel hungover. That's sort of what it feels like.[/b]

Most hangover symptoms are because alcohol severely dehydrates you. It's the same thing, really. But if you're drinking a lot of water already, I don't know what else you can try. Are you thirsty at all? If you are still thirsty, then you might want to step it up (hard to do sometimes I know). If not...well...I don't know what else to tell you. Try getting a humidifier and see if that helps...

December 7th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I'm thirsty sometimes. It only hits me in mid-afternoon, so I tend to drink more water then. I'm starting to feel a bit better. The nausea went away for now. The headache and dizziness is still here. I'd love to take a nap, but I'm not really the napping type. I'll just have to rest it off I'm guessing.

December 7th, 2008, 10:57 AM
NeeshBoogie's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm in total agreement with the rest and re-hydrate suggestion. Maybe get some orange juice in along with your water? That always seems to help me.

Thank you Mod-MommaTrish for my gorgeous siggy!!!

December 7th, 2008, 11:56 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
I think the girls have gave you the best advice..I just wanted to send get well vibes!
December 7th, 2008, 12:03 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh gosh, I have no idea. If the dizziness does not go away after a little bit, I would honestly call my doc because that just doesn't sound like a normal pregnancy symptom, ya know? I hope you feel better real soon Jessica!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
December 7th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks everyone! I took a 10-15 minute nap and now I feel MUCH better. No more headache or dizziness either. Yay!!! I can actually get up and do my chores.

December 7th, 2008, 09:12 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm glad that you're feeling better Jessica!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search