Today's appt update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2008, 01:13 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
1st I went to my reg OB. They did the u/s and hb was 144, it sounds so amazing! He weighs 3lbs 10oz right now. They said that's great We got some cute shots of him. I'll have to see if I can scan them later. So far, he's still doing perfectly. I should know this afternoon or tomorrow morning when my section is set for. Woohoo

On a sad note, the other dr in the office that I've only seen once, died 2 weeks ago following a minor surgery. They said there were complications. The whole office was just so somber. She has twins that turned 2 last Monday. My heart aches for those babies and her family and friends.

I met a lady with a 1 month old baby in the waiting room. He weighed 4 lbs at birth He was soooooo cute. He slept the entire time we talked. She had her baby at the hospital I will have mine and she had a section also. She said she was back in her room within an hour of having the baby. She said the rooms are very nice and they encourage your dh and kids to stay with you. Woohoo! I'm thrilled to know that someone else has been there and my Haley can stay with us. She said all the nurses were wonderful and such. So, it was nice to meet someone who'd btdt, kwim?

Ok, next was Gd doctor. All my numbers are good, except my fasting numbers (first numbers of the morning before eating anything) They aren't super high, but they are over what they want them to be. So, now I start taking Glyburide tablet before bed to see if this will help. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. She said usually this helps some women. She also said that those numbers are the first to get out of wack and sometimes the others follow. If they others start getting wacky or if this pill don't work, I get to do insulin shots Of course, when I left there, I broke down crying. I've tried so hard! I know it's not my fault and the baby is well, but darn it I needed to have a pity party.

Okay enough of me. At least my baby is okay in there. I'll let you know when they schedule my section for when I find out.

December 8th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't to find out when Tyler's b-day will be!! I'm so happy that he is doing so good
Sorry about your doctor, My heart breaks for those twins and her family
Cool about the lady in the waiting with, it's nice to know what to expect at the hospital and who better to tell you the truth and be honest than someone that had btdt.
Sorry about your appointment with the GD doctor, I hope those pills that they gave you work. I know you are trying really hard and you are doing everything that you need to do, like you said it's not your fault. The baby is doing good, so focus on that. If you want a pity party you should have a pity party, I'll be there with you.

December 8th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is so sad that she left 2 year old twins..

I am happy that your baby is doing well. I hope the pill will work for you. I have never had that problem. So I would be scared of those shots.
December 8th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
omg how sad about the dr. how heartbreaking.

I am glad you were able to talk to that mom and heard good things about your hospital you are sooooooooooooooo closse@!!!!
December 8th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for Tyler growing!!

Sorry to hear about the doctor...that is such a sad situation

I'll be praying that these pills will fix your GD...I don't want you to have to take any shots!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
December 8th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well YAY for Mr. Tyler doing so well in there!!! That's so sad about the doctor though!!

I'm sorry that your numbers won't behave themselves!! Hopefully the pills will help. Buttttttt, if they don't hun, don't worry too much about it, OK. It sounds cruddy, and it really can't be called fun, but giving yourself shots isn't so bad after you get used to it. I'm completely w/ you on the pity party, we all need those occassionally. But it won't be the end of the world if you have to do it, I know you can handle anything, hun!! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts though!

December 9th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Michelle! Did you get Tyler's birthday yet??

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
December 9th, 2008, 08:37 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm glad that your little boy is doing well!! And I hope the tablets work for you and you won't need shots...eek!

I'm so sorry to hear about the doctor, how sad!

Can't wait to hear when Tyler's birthday will be!!

December 9th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad the appt went so well!!

I'm so sorry for that doctor's family...so sad.

December 9th, 2008, 09:11 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Quote:
Hey Michelle! Did you get Tyler's birthday yet?? [/b]
I'm still waiting on a call.

And I've read that this pill they gave me crosses the placenta. I don't like that. The gd dr assured me it didn't.

December 9th, 2008, 10:18 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I just had to pop on and for a great appt.

I am hoping the pills work for you hon.....IF you have to do shots, pm me.....seriously they are NOT bad at all. They give you a very fine,sort needled that you will not feel......I am here if you have any questions.....

off to deliver teething drops..

December 9th, 2008, 10:54 AM
*Pamela*
What a great update on Tyler!!!!

Have you talked to your doctor about any risks with the pill? I know all doctors are different but mine wouldn't even consider tablets and said it was either diet or insulin injections.

How far over on your fasting numbers are you? Also, have they given you any advice on how to try and bring it down on your own? You should have free access to a dietitian to help you plan your menus too and if not, ask for it.

I hope you don't need medication and it really sounds like you are trying hard. Like Dee said, they give you short tiny needles that you don't really feel. I know it's all so frustrating but you're doing a great job.

Can't wait to hear what his birthday will be!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search