okay, well today sucked!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2008, 08:15 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a perfectly normal day yesterday, went to bed feeling perfectly fine. And then I woke up at 10 to midnight and rolled over, and realized I was wet. My first thought was CM but there seemed to be alot of it and I had to pee anyway so I got up and went to the bathroom. And proceeded to gush blood into the toilet. No cramping or contractions that I could feel, just a bunch of bright red. So I called and eventually got to talk to the attending on call, (by this time the bleeding had slowed and was like a very light AF). She wanted us to come in so in we went. I'm fine, Kaiden is fine (which was actually kind of funny, they tried for hours to get 1/2hr heart rate reading on the monitor from him and he just would NOT cooperate, kept moving all over the place!). The diagnosis, my placenta has barely moved, if it has moved at all. Right now it is 1 centimeter away from my cervix. we knew it was right next to it at the last u/s so knew this could happen, and I was being careful. So they figure the edge of it must be sort of loose and this can just happen, and put me back on restricted activity. Pelvic rest for sure. I may have to go on bedrest but I won't find that out until Thursday. I was supposed to have a regular appt tomorrow but we are in the middle of a winter storm warning effective until tomorrow @ 6pm so I rescheduled for Thurs since it's an 80 mile one-way trip, and the bleeding is now just dark brown, no red. They did say the monitor was picking up contractions so they kept me there for about 12 hours. I couldn't feel them at all! It was really cool though to hear Kaiden kicking the monitors!

so enough about me . . .

Honey is doing much worse. She got started yesterday on a new medication, not the best one, it's what they had in stock, they are overnighting the best one so it should be here tomorrow. Dh had to leave me in L&D to go home and give her the dose of meds since she has to have it every 12 hours pretty much on the dot. He said she hadn't moved from where we left her during the night and she didn't even pick her head up when he came in. She did walk to her food bowl and take a couple bites but that was it and she laid back down. She is so weak she can barely walk. He had to come back up to L&D to get me, and we were SO worried that she might have passed away before we got home from L&D. She was still there, hadn't moved, but she at least picked up her head and looked at us with some interest when we came in the door. We'd already agreed that when we got home, we'd basically pick her up and take her straight to the vets for IV fluids/stronger dose of antibiotics, along with the meds for a fungal infection. So we called and said we were on our way - but unfortunately the vet we'd been working with hadn't updated everyone in the office since he was out on farm calls today so they didn't know what was going on and why we wanted her on fluids, etc so we had to explain all that. It was so hard to leave her there but they can do so much more for her than we can here. hopefully she will make it thru the night and the new meds will be able to be started tomorrow. Mind you we still won't get a confirming bloodwork diagnosis until at least wed.

So that's my crappy day. heading off to bed.

UPDATE: Honey didn't make it. and now i'm having (mild) contractions. I called in and they said it was probably stress related, and to lay down and drink water, etc. but to call if they get stronger.
December 8th, 2008, 08:56 PM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Anne, I am so sorry about your rough day! How scary for you, with the bleeding and such. What is blastomycosis? I will be saying a little prayer for Honey!
December 8th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oiy! What a day, Anne!! I'm sorry all around! How scary about the bleed, but I'm so glad that things were reassuring after being monitored!

I must have missed your original post about Honey, I'll have to go back and find it and see what's going on. I'm so sorry your fur-baby is sick, that is so heartbreaking!

December 8th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Pound's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i'm sorry, the bleeding must be scary. and your poor dog. i hope your placenta moves a little, so you won't be on bedrest forever.

December 8th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anne, i just wanted to give you some . Im sorry you had such a crap-tastic day. I hope things get better soon. Ill be saying a prayer for Honey as well, poor girl

December 9th, 2008, 06:39 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Anne, I'm sorry about your day. I'm glad you and Kaiden are doing fine now. I am praying that Honey gets better soon. Please KUP all the way around.

December 9th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Oh Anne, I am so sorry about your rough day! How scary for you, with the bleeding and such. What is blastomycosis? I will be saying a little prayer for Honey![/b]

blastomycosis is an airborne fungus spore - kind of like e. coli bacteria, it's everywhere but sometimes it gets into your system and causes all sorts of harm. although once it has infected someone it is not contagious, but people, dogs & horses can get it.

It is typically found in damp, rotting marshy areas with stagnant water, caused by the animal stirring up the fungus spores and breathing them in. Not as common, they can have a open wound and it can get in there too.

Honey had a great time playing in the cattails up at the cabin in early Sept, but it is not stagnant water, and no one other people or dogs got it and we've been working to cut back the cattail bog for a few years now. There are no reports of blastomycosis in the area. We take her for walks on a trail here in town that is around a marshy swamp, but the trail is paved so it's not like you are tramping thru the yuck. and she did once have a cut on her paw that we saw after one walk. There are no other reports of blastomycosis here either. But, she was picked up as a stray in St. Paul and the missisippi river runs thru St. Paul and there have been reported cases involving dogs doing field training in the marshy swampy areas of the mississippi river that have gotten it. The vet said that she could have picked it up this spring before we got her, and alot of times it causes an abscess inside the body that you will never see or know it is there until it ruptures and causes all sorts of harm pretty quickly. We are thinking this is most likely how she got sick but who knows. We do know it has been very hard to keep weight on her, it always looks like she is starving so that could have been the cause of that.

Now I'm just waiting until 8am when the vet's office opens to see how she is.
December 9th, 2008, 07:40 AM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
Oh bless your heart!! I'm so sorry you had a rotten day.

I hope you and Honey get to feeling better. (((hugs)))

December 9th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow Anne...

I hope your placenta stays safe...are the docs going to be monitoring you a bit more closely/more often to make sure you don't have placenta previa?...I had a Grade 3 Placenta at my 32 week appt and they started me on weekly u/s and NSTs to make sure my placenta wasn't going to separate early...prayers for you and baby Kaiden hun...

And poor Honey I'll be praying that she stays strong and beats this sickness/disease...she is such a fun pup and always looks so happy in your pictures of her...

Lots of prayers and

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
December 9th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Anne, I'm sory about your day. I can't imaging how scare the bleeding must of been, I'm glad that the both of you are doing ok.
ohh poor Honey,it's so hard to see them sick like, i hope she gets better soon. Have you called the vets office yet to see how she is doing?
I'll keep you all in my thoughts

Oh Anne, I'm so sorry about your day. How scary about the bleeding, I'm glad that the two of you are ok, keep up posted on how things go with you.
Poor Honey.........It's so hard to see them sick like this, it breaks my heart.....I hope she gets better soon. Have you called the Vets office to see how she is doing?
I'm keep you all in my thoughts,

December 9th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Anne!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry!!!!! I know how upsetting the loss of a beloved fur-baby can be, please try and take it easy on yourself though. I wish there was something I could do or say that would be helpful. You know that you loved her dearly and gave her a great life, home, and all your love; you gave her the best and even though it wasn't long she had a great life with you.

December 9th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry that you lost your dog. (((HUGS)))

I'm glad that your little one is OK and hope you're able to get lots of rest. Hang in there. ((HUGS))

December 9th, 2008, 10:10 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm so sorry Anne! Please take care of yourself. You and dh and bean are in my t&p.

December 9th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh honey, I'm just reading this! I'm so sorry about Honey!! It's so heartbreaking to lose one of your furbabies.

I'm glad your baby boy is doing okay though. Take care of yourself. And Carl. Poor Carl. Is he doing okay?

December 9th, 2008, 10:26 AM
he's okay for now. With losing Iria, he didn't start freaking out until the day after she passed. he was still goofy/funny this morning, but right now he's laying down in the kitchen being non-sociable. we just have to watch him, he stays in the kitchen alot so this could still be normal, or he could be starting to get depressed. He was so depressed after losing Iria that I ended up medicating him for a few days.
December 9th, 2008, 10:31 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anne, I am so sorry about Honey. It is so hard to lose a pet. I will be thinking about you guys.

December 9th, 2008, 10:31 AM
MamaTTx2's Avatar Super Mommy
OH, how sucky! I understand what you are going through. I have a harder time mourning my pets than other humans. I hope that your stress level goes down some and that you get yourself some rest.

Kaylee Rose (born April 13, 2009)
Ethan Lucas (5 yrs. old)
December 9th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I remember how hard it was on my dad's Gilgamesh when we lost Princess. He was one very depressed doggy. Hopefully Carl makes it through okay.

December 9th, 2008, 10:35 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
oh hunny im so so sorry. what a rubbish couple of days
im so sorry about hunny and i pray all is ok and kaiden stays happy in your tummy!
sending lots of love and prayers to you hun
xxx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
December 9th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Anne , I'm so heart broken about Honey....I'm so sorry , I have never lost a pet, but I know that if something were to happen to Maya...I don't know what I would do. I know you are going through a hard time right now, but please don't stress to much about it, think of your little guy. I wish there was something that I could say to make everything better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search