Update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So anyway, Jess filled you all in on the whole episode last Thursday and Friday. Thank you, Jess!!!

I was released finally as even though the contractions were more frequent and stronger than they'd like, they weren't affecting my cervix a whole lot. They told me, well, you are obviously contracting so ignore the 4 in an hour thing, but come back if they start to get stronger. The release orders were Vistril (sp) every 6 hours, "encouraged" rest, force fluids, and follow-up Monday w/ my Perinatologist. So I took it easy through the weekend. My mom had freaked out, so she drove up for the weekend and helped me get ready around the house, just in case Ella does decide she really is coming early. So that was nice, she got tons done, and I feel so much closer to being ready for her arrival. We got stuff ready so I can pack my hospital bag too, because this time around I was no where near prepared. Nothing like a little scare to make you shape up and get prepared.

So I had to take Sid to school this morning, and I figured I would go into work for as long as possible to try and clean up the problem stuff, as I was afraid that I would get put on modified bedrest since the contractions were still occuring. They aren't as conisistent as last Thursday, but it is pretty much an all day and night thing, even w/ the meds. The nurse wasn't thrilled that I'd gone to work today, so I took that as an even worse sign. The appointment was just like every other check up though, they weren't worried about my contractions any more as I'm past their magic 32 wk mark. So all they wanted to do was check Ella. I did mention that she hadn't been near as active as normal for the last 48 hours, but that I had checked her periodically when I was worried w/ my doppler. Sure enough, little stinker was totally quiet for the u/s tech. She's way way head down, and little heart beating away, but she wasn't moving and was only taking a breath here and there. The tech watched her for a while, and then was worried, so they took me for a non-stress test. Little booger wouldn't move at all! No accelerations in her heart rate for quite awhile, or movement, and they could also see that I was still contracting. (I so appreciate my body when it cooperates and corroborates what I'm saying instead of trying to make me a lier!) Finally the nurse came in to play with Little Miss Uncooperative, as they weren't liking the way things were looking. They used this little stimulator that makes a loud buzz, and it seemed to wake her up a bit, her heart-rate did react to it, so that was a good sign. So they decided to keep monitoring for awhile, and finally she started to get more active. I had a few stronger contactions in a row, and that seems to tick her off. I tell you I was so NERVOUS though, I kept saying, OK so what does this mean now?!? But after her activity improved they let me go. I'm not on any restrictions, but still "encouraged" to rest as they don't really want to see her come this early, but my doctor isn't going to stop anything should labor start. I'm also supposed to pay close attention to her activity levels.

So that's where I'm at. Wait and see game from here on out. So not a great update, but better than it could have been.

December 8th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy cow Jen. Im glad that all her tests passed, but I can imagine being quite nervous when she wasnt as active. I hope she bakes a bit longer, but Ella, if you need to come early, i think mommy is almost ready for you

December 9th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to tracalyn Send a message via MSN to tracalyn Send a message via Yahoo to tracalyn
I'm glad you are doing ok, I hope Ella bakes a little longer....BUT you know how Princesses are, they like to make a grand entrance!

December 9th, 2008, 05:01 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow - That is a scary ordeal! Maybe Ella is just going to be a very laid back baby!

I'm glad thing are going OK for you, and that was really sweet of your mom to come and help you get ready.
December 9th, 2008, 05:34 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Jen, how scary! I hope she starts getting more active and bakes a bit longer. YOu and Ella are in my prayers honey! Please rest and take care of yourself. That was very sweet of your mom to come do that for you and Ella.

December 9th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Jen, how scary! I can see how scary it must of been not seing her active, I'm glad that she finally became active. I pray that she bakes for a bit longer. That was great of your mom to help you get ready mom's are awesome!
Jen, please rest and take care of yourself.

December 9th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow...what an update! I'm glad your mom was able to help out. Now go make yourself rest!

December 9th, 2008, 08:54 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
How scary! I'm glad that all is okay, but I hope she stays put awhile longer! Get some rest and relax

December 9th, 2008, 11:17 AM
*Pamela*
I'm so sorry I missed all this. I'm glad to see she is doing good, although a bit stubborn. Make sure to listen to your doctor about taking it easy.

I'm happy you're back home and hope she bakes a bit longer. Sounds like she is snug and cozy in there.

Love ya hun
December 9th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm glad things are going "okay" for you! I hope that Ella hangs out a little bit longer though! And you have a great mom.

December 9th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
im glad she is staying put for now, sorry for the scare!! sounds like you have an irritable uterus like i do!! not fun.
December 9th, 2008, 08:40 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow, sorry that the tests sounded a little scary, but glad she decided to cooperate not to give Momma a heart attack. I will be keeping you two in my thoughts that she stays in there for several more weeks.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search