could it be happening again?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2006, 06:12 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Hello everyone my name is niema and Im 19 and 18wks pregnant. I had a m/c in may of 2005 and I was 8 wks then. IM starting to experience deep cramping in my pelvic area and really bad back pain in my lower right part. It was so bad last nite I could not sleep. could I be about to m/c even if my baby is still moving around like crazy? I was diagnosed with PID earlier in my pregnancy but my doctor told me that It will go away because Im pregnant and not to worry. could his be what the pain is coming from and can PID cause miscarriages? I know I should be asking my doctor but I dont feel comfortable about not taking anything for it. any advice from anyone would be nice .
January 16th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry to not have any advice right now...what is PID? you're 18 weeks along you say? So your chances of m/c have dropped significantly...try and take some comfort in that. Now you say you're not that comfortable with your dr? If you are worried, please call him/her first thing tomorrow regardless and demand to be seen. Perhaps this is something that can be reduced with bed rest? Your dr should be helping you right now. If it helps any I also have really bad lower back pain. This can just be a regular symptom of pg...
I wish you all the best. Please, please advocate for youself...only you can do that. i will be here if you need to talk in the morning.
take care,

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
January 17th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Please call your Doc ASAP. Please let us know that you are okay. B
January 17th, 2006, 06:09 AM
hopin4a4rth
I would definitely call the dr too. Could it be braxton-hicks?? Those can happen at 18 weeks. ((hugs)) hope that everything is ok.
January 17th, 2006, 07:16 AM
SpugsLady's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to SpugsLady Send a message via Yahoo to SpugsLady
so sorry to hear about your m/c I had a m/c in August i was 7 weeks. I often wonder will it happen again but in most cases women go in to having healthy babies. Go to your doc asap coz you seem really worried, if he/she can confirm nothing is wrong then it saves alot of stress which could cause harm to baby so seek medical advice. I don't know what the pains could be sorry, maybe they are normal in pregnancy? I'm not sure. But please let us know how you go on? Hope you'll be ok.

<div align="center"></div>
January 17th, 2006, 07:52 AM
soontobemommyto3
yes, call your DR. it might be preterm labor. The DR can stop it if it is caught in time.
January 17th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Super Mommy
You said the back pain is on the lower right? Might be a UTI that is heading to your kidneys also. I did not have it go to my kidneys, but the pain from it would wake me out of a dead sleep about every 2 hours. Let us know that you are doing o.k.

Kaz
January 17th, 2006, 04:05 PM
We've all said it, but I'll say it again. You MUST call your dr. And if you can't get in then go to the ER.
As for the "stress". Can we please stop telling eachother that it is harmful for the baby? That only stresses people out more and in fact, stress does not harm the baby, but can harm the mother, for sure.
January 18th, 2006, 02:04 AM
SpugsLady's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to SpugsLady Send a message via Yahoo to SpugsLady
well whoever it harms, if she is getting stressed then she must do something to put her mind at rest coz im sure stress aint good for either of them.

Has anybody heard off her yet?

<div align="center"></div>
January 19th, 2006, 07:37 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Thanxs for all the advice everyone, I really appreciated it. Im doing much better now that the cramping has gone. I told my doctor I thouht that I had a UTI but he wont be in the office until next thursday. so I was kind of thinking about going to a clinic or something b/c my doctor told me not to go to the emergency room or my medicaid wouldnt consider that an emergency and I might get billed for it and it can cost up to 800 dollars. Oh and norina PID is pelvic imflammatory disease, Its an infection of the reproductive organs and if its not treated it could cause infertility. Thats one of the reasons Im worried about not taking medicine. My doctor told me that when you get pregnant it blocks the fallopian tubes so the bacteria would not travel up that way. But I told him that I had it before I was pregnant so wouldnt the bacteria already had gotten in he just told me its goes away which Im finding very hard to believe. He hasnt even gave me the results to my pelvic exam yet. so I might end up going to a clinic. I think my doctors neglecting me or maybe I just dont wanna be a pest and bother him with every small worry I have.
January 19th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I think if you are concerned and you have a history that your dr should be tending to your needs. I think going to a clinic is a good idea...if it's a UTI that's a quick fix. Has the pain gone away?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search