2 symptom questions

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had really bad constipation lately. I've been eating prunes, drinking more water and trying to get more natural fiber in my diet, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Anyone have any other ideas on how to deal with this very annoying symptom. I've started taking evening walks and I think it is helping a little, but I'm still pretty miserable. I'm afraid I'm going to get hemorhhoids the size of ALASKA!

Also, has anyone else noticed an increased amount of phlegm? It seems like I'm always needing to hock a loogie. (It it so not lady like and very embarassing when I'm at work to be frequently coughing into a tissue.) Is this just me or is this a pregnancy symptom?

On another note, I'm 14 weeks tomorrow. I keep thinking I'm feeling movement, but I think it is really just my mind playing tricks on me. One more week until I get to schedule my BIG u/s. I'm so excited!!!!

December 10th, 2008, 08:45 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had bad constipation too, but now it has somewhat diminished, and I am back to peeing every 1/2 hour. It sounds like you are doing a good job at trying to stay regulated, I'm not sure what else to add...Sorry, I hope you get feeling better!!

That's awesome you get to schedule your u/s soon!! Are you going to find out the sex?
December 10th, 2008, 09:21 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As far as constipation goes, I have had some of that. The prenatals I take have a stool softener in them (Prima Care Advantage) and I think that helps. I eat lots of fruit and if I start having issues, I eat some raisin bran.
As for the phlegm, I haven't noticed an increase with pregnancy but have noticed that the more milk products I eat or drink, the more phlegm I will have.

December 10th, 2008, 11:58 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Sorry hon..the constipation is very frustrating..and sounds like you have done everything I would suggest

I had alot of mucus while I was pregnant..I thinks its the main reason I stayed sick until 24 weeks...
December 11th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had really bad constipation too and I tried to eat better more greens and fruits and have more fiber and working out and nothing worked, so I just dealt with it as part of pg symptom. Sometimes when you have too much fiber it can cause bloating and constipation might get a bit worse, but it should get better after a couple of days. You might not want to do this, but you can always have a cup of coffee to make you go to the bathroom. I also notice that eating walnuts makes me go to the bathroom more often, might want to try that too. I'm just giving you ideas, I don't know if any of it will work.

December 11th, 2008, 06:52 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OOO...how exciting...only one more week to go. I bet you have been counting down!!

Anyhow, I have had constipation throughout, and some days are worse/better than others. Best thing for me to get things going again are those Fiber One bars - very tasty and very effective I have found. Just keep drinking as much water as you can too. That's my best advice....

As for the phlegm....not sure....I had a runny nose for most of the 1st and 2nd trimester, so probably in the same family. I don't envy you there...very annoying!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search