Update on me and meatball

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies. I guess I have been mia for most of the week. I try to get on in the morning and post responses and I try to read everything but I've been so busy this week. Every year our neighborhood hosts a progressive dinner party. I live in the mountains and never see my neighbors so it's the one time of year we all get together. We go to 3 different people's houses for appetizers, dinner, and desserts and this year I am hosting dinner. I don't have to make the dinner, just a side and everyone brings food to share but I've been working hard on getting the house ready for 30+ people. I just didn't want to wait until Saturday and then wear myself out trying to get ready so I am trying to do a little each day but a little still means working non stop. I think nesting is kicking in too because I've been organizing everything and cleaning stupid things like baseboards and my basement I am almost done though *phew* Now it's just a matter of some last minute tidying and going to the rental store on Friday to pick up some tables and chairs so everyone has a place to sit.

I have a doctor's appt tomorrow but I'm not sure if they will be doing an u/s. I know they'll be doing that blood draw to test the odds of having a baby with genetic problems and the glucose test. YUCK. Then the next appt is my 20 week!! I have to schedule it still though. I am so nervous for the 20 week appt. It is funny because when I was pregnant with Naden I was so excited about the 20 week because I knew that there was a possibility of finding out the gender but meatball will be a surprise so I am more scared that they are going to say that there is a problem with the organs or brain or something like that. I just want to get through that appt but I guess first things first and I'll have to get through tomorrow's before thinking about 20 weeks. LOL

I've been listening to the baby's h/b every day and love the sound. Meatball has moved up higher because now the h/b is just below my belly button to the left and I notice that I am showing a little more. I still don't think I am showing that much though. I just feel fat in my arms and face. UGH I want that biggo pregnant belly already!

The only other thing I have planned this week is a CPR class that I've been meaning to do since before Naden was born and that is Friday night.

I hope everyone is doing well. I plan to be back online posting away like normal next week but until then I'll be off and on whenever I can. I do try to read everyone's posts though. Have a good weekend if I don't talk to you before then.

December 11th, 2008, 12:54 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
wow hun take it easy!!! please dont over do things!
i hope you have a great time and that your appointment goes well.
i cant wait to be able to hear glow worm at home whenever i want
xxx
oh and just a thought, you have remembered to call and make sure the rental place has enough tables and chairs and booked them right?
xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
December 11th, 2008, 02:26 AM
*Pamela*
Danica, happy to see you pacing it all out and I hope you have a great meal with your neighbors.

Cant wait to hear how your apt goes!!
December 11th, 2008, 04:39 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The progressive dinner sounds like alot of fun, but I would be stressing out too if 30 or so ppl were comming to my house! I'm glad that you are not trying to do all the cleaning at once though!

KUP on your appt tomorrow! Can't wait to hear about it!
December 11th, 2008, 05:46 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Hey honey! I'm glad you are well. The dinner sounds like fun. I hope it all goes as planned. Please KUP on the dr appt for sure!!! You take care of yourself and have a great weekend too.

December 11th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad everything is ok, good luck on your appointment tomorrow. The dinner sounds like fun, and it's better when everyone cooks andyou are not stuck cooking a whole meal for 30+ people.
Are you taking the infant CRP class? We are taking that class on Saturday, it's actually infant and adult CPR.

December 11th, 2008, 05:57 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey girl, glad to hear everything is going well. Wow, that sounds like one heck of a dinner - can I come?!

I will be thinking of you tomorrow, please KUP as soon as you can. I am sure everything will be great though.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
December 12th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
you are busy !! That dinner sounds great. I do not know If I could cook for that many people
December 12th, 2008, 06:09 PM
NeeshBoogie's Avatar Super Mommy
That sounds like some serious WORK, and I hope you get plenty of rest and relaxation in between shifts! I'm getting exhausted just thinking about cooking and cleaning for that many people. HAVE FUN!!!

Thank you Mod-MommaTrish for my gorgeous siggy!!!

December 12th, 2008, 10:17 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you and meatball are doing well.

I hope you enjoy the dinner! It sounds like fun.

December 13th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you're doing well!

December 14th, 2008, 04:12 PM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the update Danica...I see you pop in but haven't had an update in a while. I am so glad all is well with you and meatball. You still going to wait it out and let it's gender be a surprise?
December 14th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to RachelMegan8907
Thats so cute, congradulations ! =)

</div>
December 14th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi girls! I'm back

What a weekend. We had a lot of fun at the dinner party and Naden did so good. He just hung out with one of the neighbor girls. All the kids in our neighborhood are older (like 13 and up) but I am thinking that since he did so well that we might take some of them up on the offer to babysit. A date every once in a while would be nice!

Our doctor appt went well. They didn't do an u/s. We listened to the heartbeat though. It was pretty quick appt. Now just to get through the 20 week!

It was soooo cold here today. It is exactly 0 degrees F outside right now according to my thermostat. CHILLY! I told Travis to bring in the car battery so that he could drive my car in tomorrow but he wanted to chance it. We did buy those dry cell batteries and they can get colder than others but still. I wouldn't want to dink around with a dead battery in the morning but oh well. I'll have no pity for him if he has to recharge it since I warned him. We don't have a garage so the cars are outside and have to deal with the freezing temps.

I'm so tired though so I'll be catching up on all the missed topics in the morning. I hope all is well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search