Gabriella's birth photo and more

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2008, 03:04 AM
*Pamela*
Sorry for the delay and not respoding to many posts. We are still sleep deprived and she is cluster feeding. The last was Tues night and lasted 4 hours. I'm trying to hold on to b'feeding but its so hard when going through cluster feeds. Ive been in tears about it so much. I know formula wont hurt her but for 9 months, I've been gearing up for this so its hard letting it go.

Today is Ethanael's last day of school for the holidays so I actually made a schedule so I could do the day as if my dh wasnt here. Did ok, but just have to watch my time. Ethanael loves riding on his buggy board and that gets me there faster than him walking.

We've got a bulk of our Christmas shopping done but I hate shopping here, it's crazyness. You have to go out first thing in the morning and forget weekends.

I want you all to know that I think of all of you daily and I'm so sorry if I haven't responded to posts. Hopefully will be back full swing soon.

Here is her birth photo....I love it, it looks as though she is like, yeah!!! I did it!!!! It's my favorite pic of her.

This is after they cleaned her and weighed her. The outfit she has on is from my 14 year old and my Ethanael wore it so it was tradition that Gabriella wear it too. Don't know if I mentioned this, but all 3 of my children have been born on a Friday!

My sil bought her this little dress, she is so adorable, looks like a little ballerina.

Snowsuit way too big...lol

I love these pics, Ethanael was so careful with her and watched everything he did with feeding her, he did such a good job.

Hope you enjoy them.
December 11th, 2008, 03:09 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
oh hunny they are gorgeous pics bless the big brother
those first few weeks feeding are always hardest especially when cluster feeding
you are doing so well though hunny! she is just totally adorable!
xxx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
December 11th, 2008, 04:43 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those pics are awesome - and I love the "I DID IT" pic too..too funny!

I have 0 experience with bfing, so what exactly is cluster feeding???
December 11th, 2008, 05:24 AM
*Pamela*
Thanks ladies.

Sam, cluster feeding is pretty much nursing non stop for hours. What happens with us is she will nurse for about 20mins then fall asleep so I will either hold her or put her in bed, within mins she wants to feed again and this cycle will continue for about 3 to 4 hours. 3 is the norm but she has her 4 hour moments. I have tried to get her to nurse longer and more frequently but that doesnt do it for her. I have tried a passy and she won't have it. She even fights the bottle of expressed milk most times. I never had this with my toddler so she is still keeping me on my toes.

My health visitor had the nerve to tell me to let her cry and I'm sorry but she is an infant and only cries when she is hungry. She is such a good baby. I just can't see letting her cry at this age. She also noted in Gabriella's health book that me, the mother is bonding with the baby and noted a healthy interaction between mother and baby. Now I feel like I'm under observation, I had no idea that they would look at things like that. Part of me says its great but I just feel spied on now.
December 11th, 2008, 05:43 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I love the pics Pam! I've missed you terribly. I hope Gabriella does better soon on her feedings. I know it's tough on you. I really love the pics of her and Ethanael.

December 11th, 2008, 06:51 AM
MamaTTx2's Avatar Super Mommy
OH YAY! The pics are wonderful. SOrry to hear that you are having probs with the feeding. Looking back on it now, My DS was the same way. I didn't realize it at the time since I was young and excited and he was my only child at the time...I can see how it would be frustrating when you have another little one that wants mommy's attention. Keep up the good work--go with what works best for you and your family. Keep the pics coming!

Kaylee Rose (born April 13, 2009)
Ethan Lucas (5 yrs. old)
December 11th, 2008, 07:24 AM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
OMG she is gorgeous!! Those are great pics!

December 11th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Pam she's gorgeous!
I love the first picture where Ethanael is feeding her, I love her expression...and the one with the snow suit? Oh that's just too cute
Thank you so much for sharing the pictures with us.

December 11th, 2008, 11:42 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
She is precious! Thanks for sharing!

December 11th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
awww she is so beautiful!!! I LOVE that picture right when they pulled her out, amazing!!! and that dress is to cute!! she is just adorable, and big brother looks like he will be an amazing big brother to her!!

CONGRATULATIONS momma!
December 11th, 2008, 05:47 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Pam!! Great to hear from you and LOVE those pics!! Thanks so much for sharing!

She is just adorable, and don't worry about not being on much, you just had a baby for gosh sakes!! Take it easy girl, and catch up when you can.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
December 12th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She is such a doll. I love the one with the jeans !!
December 12th, 2008, 10:12 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, she is so sweet. I hope things normalize for you soon and she settles into kind of a BFing routine.

December 13th, 2008, 01:06 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Pam..she is beautiful!!! And I look her birth photo...her little fist in the air like O yea!
December 14th, 2008, 05:46 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Pam,

she is beautiful, Thank you so much for sharing the pictures with all of us. I hope the feeding gets easier for you...
I am a BF drop out..so I can not give much advice....but I hear ya about the spied on thing....it does get a little ridiculous when they come out to your house...and try to tell YOU what is best for YOUR baby

we totally understand about not being able to post much......things this time of year are crazy as it is, and with a little bundle in the mix, well it just makes it that much more crazy.....but precious just the same

take it easy and know that we love ya !!!!

December 14th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to RachelMegan8907
i think its awesome that you used the same outfit for all of your kids and that they were all born on a friday !
and i love the pics of his brother feeding her !

</div>
December 15th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How cute! I LOVE the photo's. The "I did It" cracks me up. I really like the one of her with bro and one eye open. LOL Like, "don't bother me while I am eating."

I hope that the bf'ing starts getting easier. Please KUP. We miss you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search