i might have to get out the duct tape

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2008, 09:24 AM
tuesday was my 33week appt. i had an ultrasound that showed he was ahead another week but they didnt want to change my due date again. he weighs around 5 lbs. YEAH! they said everything looked great and that he was quite a chunk. and REALLY low.
on the way home from the appt i stopped at taco bell. came home and scarfed it down. yuuuum. and was sooooo sick. i felt like i needed to use the restroom, but couldnt. this started around 1. i would walk around, try to use the restroom, get on my hands and knees with my butt up in the air. blah blah blah. finally i COULDNT get off the floor. called my husband and sister in law. hubby took me to labor and del. i was having contractions. grrrrr. every TWO MINUTES! dilated to a 3 and over 60% effaced. i sure felt like an idiot for trying to push in the bathroom!
so, they put me on the magnesium, that did nothing. then the breathene with the magnesium, that worked until the breathene wore off. so they gave me another shot, and it seemed to calm things down. they gave me two steroid shots for the babys lungs just in case. they took me off everything last night to see how i would do. i started contracting again around 3 this morning. they now have me on something weird and drops under my tongue. i am so out of it i have no idea what im on anymore.
all i know is this bed is horrible and im not allowed to leave it. they were making me use a bed pan, but i finally graduated to restroom privileges last night. thank goodness!
i walk like brand new bambi and i say the most ridiculous things. yes im pretty drugged. thanks for bearing with me.
most importantly, the baby is doing great. this hospital does not have a nicu or anything so if things take a turn for the worst, we will be transferred early enough so that we can stay together, my dr promised. he said that we should pray for 2-3 weeks more baking. i will be on the strictest bed rest and to do NOTHING but bathroom. i have to have someone there 24/7 to wait on me. ew. i LOVE being alone. but ill do anything for this little escape artist. and try to enjoy being catered to. hahahaha. i hate attention. thanks for listening to me. im soooooo bored in this hospital room.
December 11th, 2008, 09:54 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, what's with all this babes wanting to come early? I'm so glad that he's still baking for now and its also good to hear that he is measuring ahead....so if he does come, he'll weigh a bit more and be a bit stronger. The bedrest must be terrible, but at the same time its nice to know that the light at the end of the tunnel is having your sweet little baby to hold. Hang in there and thanks for updating us!!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
December 11th, 2008, 10:37 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
omg hun
i hope bubba stays in there a while longer. much as we would love to meet him we are not ready just yet!
bake a little longer sweet one.
xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
December 11th, 2008, 12:06 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Oh my! I hope he'll bake a bit longer and they can keep the contractions down. I'll be praying for you.

December 11th, 2008, 01:30 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Keep Baking Mason!! I'll be praying that he stays put a little while longer

December 11th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, Mistie!! I'm so sorry you are going through this, hun!! I had a similar episode last week, but I haven't dialated as far as you are. Our doctors are so different though, mine is ready to let my little one come but I suppose that has to do with having a very good NICU and my having been closely monitored for so long. I hope your little guy stays in there longer for you!!!! Keep baking Mason, it's not time yet!!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search