I'm a nervous wreck

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I want to be so excited about this pregnancy! I really really really do! But in the back of my mind, I expect to go in Monday for an ultrasound and get the news that this one isn't going to sustain either. It's such an awful thing to think that!

I had mild spotting at 9dpo for like 5-6 days, but nothing really since. My beta went from 171 to 770 4 days later so that seems okay. I made my dr do a progesterone draw today because I was worried about low progesterone (b/c of the spotting, and I've always had short luteal phases), so I'll get those results tomorrow.

I think really it's because I have NO symptoms. Everyone in my DDC has either sore boobs, fatigue, morning sickness, frequent urination, etc etc. And I don't have ONE of those. I didn't have any symptoms with my other pregnancy either so I'm just thinking it's really not going to happen again.

Monday can NOT come soon enough!!

December 11th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Pound's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it's hard waiting, esp if you don't have symptoms. i hope you get good news!!! the betas sound good!

December 11th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some people don't have any symptoms at all. I know it's easier said than done but stay positive, the first u/s appointment is the hardest, after that they get better. Try to have a good weekend and distract yourself as much as possible. My first appointment was also on a monday, and it was a horrible weekend, I didn't do anything to distract myself. So go out and do stuff all weekend. Good Luck.

December 11th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm actually going shopping in NYC on Saturday with a bunch of girlfriends. Sunday I have so much to do around the house. So I know Monday will come fast.

I'll be 6 weeks exactly, so I know there's a chance I won't hear the heartbeat (but I SOO hope I can!). If I can, and my prog level comes back good, I'll completely be relieved and stop worrying (really, I think!).

I'm so glad you ladies are here, people who haven't had a loss really just don't understand how scary it is.

December 11th, 2008, 05:54 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I didn't have ANY symptoms until I hit 6 weeks. I think some people just get them later or not at all. I can't wait to hear about your GREAT appointment on Monday!

December 11th, 2008, 06:17 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't have any symptoms until after 6 weeks. It may have been more like 8 weeks. I hope you have a great appointment on Monday! Try to stay positive. I know how hard it can be.

December 11th, 2008, 06:28 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really don't believe in symptoms being a sign of a good pregnancy. I was SOOOOO sick with my previous pregnancy that I had to have prescriptions so that I could eat/drink. It sadly ended in a mc. However, with Hayden I never threw up, NEVER. Bless him!

I think it is easy to scare yourself into thinking something is wrong, at least it is for me 'cause I do it all the time. Just try to stay busy and keep away from the Google monster.

We are here for you and praying that all goes well tomorrow - big HUGS!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
December 12th, 2008, 06:41 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Christine, I'm praying that all is well on Monday. I know it's scary, but just try to think positive. I'm looking forward to the wonderful update on Monday. Enjoy your weekend.

December 12th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Veteran
Christine, just think positive and I am sure everything will turn out fine. I have my ultrasound next Friday and it really cannot come fast enough.
I know that forgetting about it is much easier said than done! I am also trying to stay positive but also trying to prepare myself for the worse. I never want to feel the same as I did the first time I went in for an ultrasound and found out there was no baby. I don't think we can ever totally prepare ourselves but I just never want to be so stunned like that again.
December 12th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I really am not having any smyptoms other than being tired. I do not remember having any trouble with my last prengnancy until at least 8 weeks. Also with every prengnacy I really have never had morning sickness. I have nausea sometimes ,but that is it. I completly understand what you are going through Just keep thinking positive. I am not getting to excited yet either. Believe me I am over joyed ,but Do not want to get my hopes up yet.
December 13th, 2008, 01:01 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
I hope the weeked passes quickly..and Mon brings a wonderful update!!!
December 13th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Regular
I posted this under my thread too- did you find out new levels yesterday? Good luck with waiting until Mon.- I'm thinking good sticky bean thoughts for you!!
December 13th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
((HUGS)) I understand how you feel. I was a nervous wreck till my first u/s yesterday. Hang in there....I'm hopeful you'll get great news on Monday.

Don't worry about the lack of symptoms. With my first pg I didn't even test till AF was nearly a month late, because I didn't think I could get pg and because I had NO symptoms. It was the easiest pg...no cramping, m/s or complications. It can happen!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search