Ultrasound today

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2006, 09:00 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I have an ultrasound at 315 my time today...they'll do other things, too, but the u/s will tell me something right away. I'm terrified, didn't sleep, and am making myself sick(er) over it. Keep everything crossed, send good thoughts, prayers, whatever you have. I'm preparing for the worst, but I know that I can't possibly prepare completely. Of course, I'm HOPING for the best, but in all of these pregnancies, I've never had the best happen.

Let this one be different!!!

January 17th, 2006, 09:18 AM
soontobemommyto3
I'm thinking of you today! I'm sure all will be fine! Let us know how it goes.
January 17th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Positive thoughts coming your way. YOu will be in my prayers. Good luck
January 17th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jessica...I am so praying that today has a happy outcome for you...please let us know when you return how things went. I will be on pins and needles for you until then. Imagine us all holding your hand as the dr inserts that cold probe inside you (lol...thought you might appreciate a little humor...did I get a smile?)...Seriously sweetie, I have good feelings about this...this time will be different. Big hugs,

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
January 17th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I felt the same way before my first US. Lotsa love and prayers coming your way!

"Nothing in this world worth having is easy"
January 17th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Any news? I am thinking about you!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
January 17th, 2006, 12:47 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Hehe...thank you ladies. I will leave in about an hour, then I have no idea how long it will take. I'm worried because I've had a strange, pinpointed pain for a couple of days in the same place. Not debilitating, just annoying. Not a cramp, but like something poking HARD. I have no idea if this is normal or not.

I'm also getting paranoid that they'll ask if I've been having any one-sided, abnormal pain. Not really, I'll say. Then they'll call off the ultrasound. The only reason I think they're doing one this early is because they're considering the last one ectopic and have to rule it out...not because I have recurrent miscarriages.

I have a gloom and doom question: if this stupid pain means anything negative, will it already show up as a problem on an ultrasound? I have a horrible fear that everything will look ok today, but in 2 days...

Someone stop me. Give me something to knock me out for the next several months. PLEASE!!!

January 17th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww honey, if I had something to knock you out for the next several months I already would have taken it myself I get strange annoying pains all the time...for a little while ther ei too was fearing an etopic pg...I think when you're in a position like us you try to rule out every possible problem there is and if any one thing sounds like it might indicate something wrong...tehn we have no choice but to fret. it will be ok...breathe deep...try remembering stress now will not make things any better...what will be will be...i know that can be such an invalidating response but I promise...focus on those words...talk yourself through it...I do it and I swear it works...at least a little.
I'm waiting to hear back from you...write soon!!!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
January 17th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Regular
Good luck to you! I am sure everything is fine.
New bean due 5/17/06!!

January 17th, 2006, 01:42 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I do know that when I went to have me U/S, they said one of the things to make sure of this early was that the pregnancy was in the uterus and not the fallopian tubes, which they checked with the U/S. I also occasionally have sharp pains on the left side, and my u/s turned out fine.

I will be praying and thinking about you, I know that everything will be fine. Let us know how it goes
January 17th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Send a message via AIM to momofchristianandpaulie
I am new here, but just read all of these posts....I certainly hope that everything is okay for you!!! Good luck, and let me know when you find that magical "knock out pill" I surely could use one, LOL....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search