TTC after D&C

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Stacy29's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a question for you ladies...

How long did you start trying again after your D&C (for those of you who had a D&C)? Did any of you start TTC after your first AF? Did you get pregnant? If so, how are you doing?

I just had to have a second D&C yesterday b/c the doctor didn't get everything out after the first one (that I had 5 weeks ago)... UGHH... so the waiting game continues. Anyway, I would like to start trying again next month after AF comes for a visit... just wanted to know how many of you did that and if you were successful. I can't bare another m/c (although I know it's out of my hands). Thanks!

Braden Keith (11/22/06) & Kinsley Brooke (5/20/09)

January 17th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Veteran
We had a miscarriage and D&C in June 2005. We started trying after I got my cycle at the end of October. We were lucky and got pregnant right away and I am currently 11 weeks.
January 17th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Regular
Hi! I am sorry you had to go through this again. Not fair.

I had a D&C in November and got AF 5 weeks later. I conceived that cycle and I am currently about 5 and a half weeks pg.
January 17th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Regular
I am sorry you had to go through another D+C. You would think that the doctors would get it right the first time. With that said, I had a D+C in July 05 and AF came exactly 4 weeks later. We got pregnant in August 05 and I am 23 weeks tomorrow.
New bean due 5/17/06!!

January 17th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Send a message via AIM to momofchristianandpaulie
I am so sorry for all that you are going thru...My Dr. told me to wait 3 cycles after D&C in June, but I just couldnt...I didnt finally just found out I am expecting in Sept!!! Hopefully things will move quickly for you...I have read many things that basically say to wait until you are more emotionally ready, when that will be is entirely up to you sweetie....Best of Luck!
January 17th, 2006, 04:04 PM
soontobemommyto3
no d&c here, but I had a labor and delivery where the DR yanked my placenta out and injured my uterus . I waited 1 AF, had a chem pregnancy the next cycle I think because of the injured uterus and got pregnant the next cycle.
January 18th, 2006, 02:12 AM
SpugsLady's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to SpugsLady Send a message via Yahoo to SpugsLady
The gyno who dealt with me told me to wait 1 cycle before trying again.

<div align="center"></div>
January 18th, 2006, 06:00 AM
hopin4a4rth
((hugs))) I'm so sorry you had to have another D&C.

My OB said to wait 1 cycle, so we did & lost that baby. Then he said the same thing... 1 or 2 cycles. We waited 2 and got pg w/this one. I think it's different for everyone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search