When will I get excited?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Regular
Well... here we go again. Is it normal to feel nervous? I have to wait until Feb 10 to get my first ultrasound... my doc said once you see a heart beat you are 98% sure to have the baby. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that this time I see that little heart beat!

How has everyone else dealt with this?
January 17th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Send a message via AIM to momofchristianandpaulie
I am in the same boat as you...I am pregnant after a m/c in June...I do get to have my first u/s tomorrow, but a part of me is dreading it and a part of me is anxious about it...I can't seem to forget the last u/s when my Dr. told me that my baby had stopped growing....I am hoping to feel better about this pregnancy after the 1st trimester, when the risk drops...I know how hard it is to be excited, but I am doing my best to be at least optimistic....Best of luck to you and lots of sticky dust coming your way from me!
January 17th, 2006, 03:55 PM
I'm right there with you ladies. I have had the first ultrasound (12/28) and we DID see that little pumper tickin' away, BUT I am STILL fretting because I have to wait until Jan. 27 for the doppler to HEAR the heartbeat. My belly has grown an inch in the last week but I still can't help but think I have to be prepared for the worst. My last miscarriage was a missed miscarriage so I went around for a month thinking I still had a living baby inside of me. I just want to hear the heartbeat then I THINK I'll relax.
January 17th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm with you both. After my MC last May, I am so nervous. Tomorrow is my US and I am just hoping and praying that the doctor says things are ok.

Good luck to us all!

January 17th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Super Mommy
Best wishes to all of you with upcoming u/s's! It'll be such a special moment. I know it's difficult to get excited. I've had 2 miscarriages before this baby and didn't really let myself attach to this child until the 2nd tri (well into it). I wish I would have sooner...I completely missed out on treasuring ANY moment with my 2nd baby because I didn't WANT to fall in love with that precious little being because of fear of losing it...and I did.

So just treasure every moment. Whether it lasts or not (prayers that you'll be holding your little one in 9 months!), you'll have those memories and moments to treasure forever.
Waiting for #2!
</div>
January 17th, 2006, 05:14 PM
soontobemommyto3
I'm not dealing very well with it. I hope to relax at some point but I doubt I will. This is hard isn't it. I just wish I could wake up and it would be August and I'd have my baby - healthy.
January 17th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Send a message via AIM to momofchristianandpaulie
Quote:
I'm with you both. After my MC last May, I am so nervous. Tomorrow is my US and I am just hoping and praying that the doctor says things are ok.

Good luck to us all![/b]
My first u/s is tomorrow as well...Good luck to you!!! When are you due??? I am estimating a 9/15 due date, but will have definate one tomorrow
January 18th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm nervous too...my first u/s ins't until 1/25...I am praying for a heartbeat.
With my first m/c I also walked around a few weeks thinking I had a live baby inside me when it had died already...that's what's so unfair about this all...you never really know. Any indication could be a bad sign or just a pg sign...or there could be absolutely no indication of anything being wrong at all. It feels like a cruel joke sometimes...
Good luck to you all...i am praying for all of us on this board.
i think my DD is 9/16 btw!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
January 18th, 2006, 05:45 AM
hopin4a4rth
It's difficult. I'm just now starting to get excited & I've seen the h/b once and heard it once now. It's hard, but I think you'll get there as the pregnancy progresses.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search