U/S results!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2006, 04:03 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Our scanner is currently in use at a friend's house, but I'll try to scan or take apicture of the scan as soon as I can.

My doc is very no-nonsense and quick, so I didn't get a lot of explanation, even though I was begging for it, but there's definitely a living thing in there!!! I'm measuring exactly what I should and maybe a little farther along, but she's going to keep my due date as-is for now. I have a much larger than usual yolk sac, she said, but she doesn't know what that means. My uterus is measuring about 2 1/2 weeks farther, but she doesn't know what that means, either. There's a weird blip above the fetus, but she doesn't know what that is, either. Her guess: vanishing twin. I'm not convinced, but ok. Heart rate is 171 bpm, which is a little high, but within normal range. At first, she said something like, "Oh, I'm sure it's higher than that," remeasured, and told me 171.

I go in next week for an appointment with the nurse practitioner. I think that she's also a midwife, so I might ask her about the possibility of being in on birth, if I get that far.

I'm cautiously optimistic, feeling at least a little excited, but mostly...tired.

Thank you for ALL your thoughts, prayers, vibes, etc. Can't wait to return the favor for you ladies.

There are a couple of HUGE cysts on the side I ovulated from. I seem to have a problem with this. She said that they're not going to do anything just yet about them, but I have to be overly protective of that side. Both cysts have 2 component parts and together, I think they're 6 inches long and about 2 wide!!! EEK!

January 17th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Veteran
OMG Jessica....congratulations. Keep up the good work mommy!!!!

Take it easy, no stress, and you are in many peoples prayers.

Dawn (from the TTC board)
Angel baby 09/01 5w6d

January 17th, 2006, 04:12 PM
soontobemommyto3
wow! That is great news. My thought was the twin thing too about measuring ahead and having a large yoke sac. It happens more than you'd think.

I'm so excited for you! Yeah!!!
January 17th, 2006, 05:00 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woo-hoo, great heartbeat!! Yikes on the cysts, but I am so happy everything else went well.
January 17th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry jess...I read your other post first instead of seeing this one...exnay on the questionay's
Congrats! I'm feeling more hopeful now that I've read this post. this sounds VERY promising. the vanishing twin thing is common...i have a friend that that happened to, I just called her to ask her about it (like if she remembers having a larger yolk sac) but she's at work so I left her a vm. When she calls back I'll ask her if you don't mind? I know she also has a lot of problems with cysts too so maybe that's related? anyway her daughter will be 5 next week...keep faith!!!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
January 18th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your scan sounds fabulous. Congrats. I also have cysts all over my ovaries. I have PCOD polycystic ovarian disease. I havehad them removed numerous times. It is not a huge deal just a slight medical pain in the butt. Good Luck B
January 18th, 2006, 05:44 AM
hopin4a4rth
Great heartbeat!!! At my 9 week u/s this baby had a h/b of 177 Nice to hear/see, isn't it?

I thought the vanishing twin thing too w/ the enlarged uterus & yolk salk... but you may never know for sure.

Glad everything looks great!! What a relief!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search