NOOOO!!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2006, 05:11 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
My doc said that my yolk sac was large (I think that it measured slightly over 6 mm when I looked at the screen measurement), so I looked up what that might mean. Over 6 mm is considered abnormal and most of these pregnancies will fail.

Why did I look???

January 17th, 2006, 05:12 PM
soontobemommyto3
awww... I'm sorry. Sometimes too much information is a bad thing. Just keep hoping and praying though. It might mean nothing, especially if there was a twin in there.

I'm thinking of you...
January 17th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Send a message via AIM to momofchristianandpaulie
You are in my thoughts and prayers sweetie!!! Maybe you did not see the measurement correctly??? Try not to read to much into it just yet....I know it is hard, but try and keep your head up...If you need to talk, P/M me or feel free to email me.....
((hugs))
Heather
January 17th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jessica!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry you read that...did you ask your dr what that meant? Did he/she give you any other info? Did you see a heartbeat? how far along are you? How are your HcG's? Sorry for the 20 questions but there are many indicators still that could mean this is a viable pregnancy...please write soon....I'll be waiting!

Ok forget this above post, i just read your other post and responded there..

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
January 17th, 2006, 08:37 PM
FerrariAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to FerrariAngel
Girly....sometimes ignorance is bliss! This might sound harsh, but sometimes I wonder "is life easier when you're dumb?"

Don't read too much into it. Just try to stay positive and take care of yourself!

Xoxo
<div align="center"><iframe src = "http://w2.photobucket.com/widgets/dynamicflash.php?featuretype=bucketstrip&featurena me=Us&pa=/y26/FerrariAngel/" height = 140 width = 425 border='0' frameborder='0' ></iframe>

</div>
January 17th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Even though the temptatin is there- I have banned myself from searching for medical answers on the internet!!!
When I first got my HCG tested this pg, I thought they sounded fine, but just in case I looked on line and found that they were fine, but almost not fine- a little on the lower end. So I freaked out til my next test when they came back fine again- even my dr reassured me, so I went home excited. I refused to look on the internet to see if these were still on the lower end, but since then a couple girls have posted their numbers on here asking if they are good and I noticed they were a lot higher than my numbers and so I am freaking out again! There was a heartbeat at my u/s... but I dont think I will rest assured until I have another appointment and see that the baby is infact growing. I wish I were stupid and didnt know what any of these things meant. With Ethan, I had no clue and that pregnancy was so easy! I do think it is better not knowing!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
January 18th, 2006, 03:58 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bad girl, bad! *slaps your hand*

Do not read any more info. Also remember that sonograms are not always as accurate as we think. My sister in law just had a perfectly normal baby who she was told early in pregnancy would have Down's because of things the doc saw on the sonogram. (the doc actually said he would bet his license on it!). Also recall many people who thought they were having 7lb babies and end up with 10 pounders.

Please, please, try to relax.
January 18th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Ok I got a hold of my friend (sorry if i'm feeding into your neurosis here but i know if it were me I'd want any kind of info to latch onto) with her vanishing twin it was a seperate sac so she said her experience was different but she did say that if you had identical twins that could very much explain the enlarged yolk sac. This is a woman who went through mutiple fertility treatments and is an NICU nurse so her judegement is pretty good...
k no more reading on the internet...this goes for me too. i have refrained from looking up my levels thus far...I am going to continue to try niot to obsess (yea right)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
January 18th, 2006, 05:57 AM
hopin4a4rth
I read bad things ALL the time. In fact, DH banned me from reading any more 'bad things'

Please don't worry yourself too much!!
January 18th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to naybutterfly1
Quote:
Even though the temptatin is there- I have banned myself from searching for medical answers on the internet!!!
When I first got my HCG tested this pg, I thought they sounded fine, but just in case I looked on line and found that they were fine, but almost not fine- a little on the lower end. So I freaked out til my next test when they came back fine again- even my dr reassured me, so I went home excited. I refused to look on the internet to see if these were still on the lower end, but since then a couple girls have posted their numbers on here asking if they are good and I noticed they were a lot higher than my numbers and so I am freaking out again! There was a heartbeat at my u/s... but I dont think I will rest assured until I have another appointment and see that the baby is infact growing. I wish I were stupid and didnt know what any of these things meant. With Ethan, I had no clue and that pregnancy was so easy! I do think it is better not knowing! [/b]
I think we shouldn't look up info because it won't really tell us anything one way or another. Everybody is different and every baby is different and this sounds bad but it is true that if the pregnancy is doomed to end from the beginning, it will end. I was someone who had excellent numbers, a strong healthy heartbeat, baby measured perfect and still I lost it. Meanwhile, all the girls who had numbers less than mine are still pregnant and doing great. You just never know. I urge you all to just relax, enjoy being pregnant... every second of it
January 18th, 2006, 07:44 AM
soontobemommyto3
ok, I didn't do a ton of research but I goggled large gestational sac and it seems to me if it doesn't have a h/b and/or is irregularily shaped then that spells trouble. But I read that sometimes the sac can be bigger or smaller in the 1st trimester but the baby is ok.

Phew. Stop reading! We are not DRs, although we like to play them
January 18th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Quote:
ok, I didn't do a ton of research but I goggled large gestational sac and it seems to me if it doesn't have a h/b and/or is irregularily shaped then that spells trouble. But I read that sometimes the sac can be bigger or smaller in the 1st trimester but the baby is ok.

Phew. Stop reading! We are not DRs, although we like to play them [/b]
Susan you crack me up...us together spell trouble ...I'll stop researching if you and Jessica stop too

January 18th, 2006, 09:24 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
HA! You ladies are hilarious. I promise that I was doing research because I honestly thought everything sounded good. I was curious about the yolk sac because it was SOOOO perfect and round and is clearer than the fetus!!! It looked cool and I wanted to find pictures. After several articles, I kept seeing that it was bad. I know you all think I'm a lunatic, but I lost a pregnancy at about 21 1/2 weeks and all docs (from separate practices, different states!) have told me is, "It was probably a fluke." Of course, you don't take that as a good enough answer. There's ALWAYS an answer. So I started wondering if this was one of those flukes. I can't help it...sooo many pregnancies, no children to show for them.

I didn't mean to sound too desperate, either. I am really not THAT worried about it--I just want answers. If it's perfectly shaped, not overwhelmingly large, and the fetus is doing GREAT, then I'm comforted. The vanishing twin thing is more interesting than scary to me! I know how common it is AND that it runs in my family. I wasn't even that surprised. As for the gestational sac, I do believe her when she says that it just means that the little one has a big house. I've seen nothing that indicates a healthy fetus with a large ges. sac is in any trouble.

I'm really not that worried. Worried, yes...overwhelmingly so, no. Just as every mom-to-be is.

And something cute: DH gets up early every morning to go to work. I'm usually up before he is, but to stay out of his way, I go lie down or do a few things not in the area he's in. I just happened to look into the living room a few times and each time, saw him holding that u/s picture. He couldn't be happier...it's so cute.

January 18th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Your DH holding the u/s pic made me cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is sweet.
Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better...I still have good feelings about this for you jessica.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search