Is anyone afraid to excercise?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2006, 09:00 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I had my m/c , I religiously excercise, as I have always done. When I found out I was pg, I stopped my cycling and aerobic classes and just stuck to walking and swimming. However, I did do some light yard work as well. I have always wondered if it attributed to my miscarriage, even though I know most likely it didnt'. But you know how that kind of thinking goes...

I have not really been excercising since my m/c. I would like to start again, just walking and swimming, but I am afraid to until I get that first heartbeat or at least until 2nd trimester. I know it's probably silly, but I think sometimes, why take the risk? Am I silly?
January 22nd, 2006, 10:15 AM
Miranda and Maria's mommy's Avatar Not Mike's girl
I feel the exact same way! I worked out a lot when I got pregnant the first time and I always think 'what if'

I am waiting until I see my doctor on Thursday and ask him. I think I will still wait until the 2nd trimester anyways....

You are not silly....what at least for this you aren't

If I'm not here, find me on that other website
January 22nd, 2006, 05:59 PM
Super Mommy
I totally understand. I am not an exercising-type person most of the time. I have started physical therapy for my fibromyalgia since I can no longer take my meds. But when the pt started to add weights I stopped going. I just feel weird about it. I will talk to my ob about it on friday and see what she has to say. (I hate that stupid exercise bike anyway!)
January 22nd, 2006, 07:40 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with you girls...waiting until the second tri to start exercising again...i walk my dog but that's about all I'm doing these days...

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
January 23rd, 2006, 06:13 AM
hopin4a4rth
I feel the same way... even now that I hit the second trimester. I've been trying to do my yoga if nothing else, but still don'g do it often enough.
January 24th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Veteran
I was just completing training for my 6th marathon when I found I was pregnant - so I intended to run the race anyway with my doctor's blessing. The night before the race (7 1/2 wks pg) I started spotting, so I cancelled my race and found at my ultrasound that Monday that the baby had stopped developing at 5 wks and I was MC. I'm glad in a way that this happened before my race or I would have always wondered if the exercise caused the MC.

This pregnancy (I'm 9 wks), I'm so darned exhausted and queasy that there's no way I could run a marathon! I do still run, but my weekly miles are less than half the normal amount and I go much slower with walk breaks if I need them. Looking back, I should have known there was something wrong with my earlier pregnancy - there's no way I should have felt good enough at nearly 8 weeks to run a race!

My doctor knows how many miles per week I ran pre-pregnancy and that I've done this for years, so he's given me the green light to continue to run as I feel able. I'm still paranoid that this baby won't make it, but I know my exercise won't contribute to any possible MC.

MM
January 24th, 2006, 10:53 AM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also feel the same way--I am scared to exersise "just in case" but I am to tired and queasy to even think about doing anything besides laying down when i get home. walking to far makes me dizzy, i am hoping that i will feel better in the 2nd tri, and by then it will be nice enough to walk outside.

January 24th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Mickey3's Avatar Super Mommy
I know this fear!! I'm a bit of a gym rat, and was exercising per my normal schedule with my mc. This time I stopped as soon as I found out that I was pg. I'll be 12 weeks on Thursday and with my dr.s okay, i'll begin again, slowly walking and light lifting. I feel horrible without the exercise, and the weight piles on quickly, but it will all be worth it for my baby.
Jack Oliver 8/4/06

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search