Miscarriage Question

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2006, 08:11 PM
ladybgg
Call your doctor tomorrow morning asap! Who cares if he gets aggravated. That's his job...

Wishing the best for you and your baby....
January 23rd, 2006, 08:12 PM
Super Mommy
I'm a nurse and have had 2 miscarriages of my own, but I've honestly never heard of sore legs being a sign. So that's the only one that strikes me as odd. And another thing- don't EVER feel bad calling your doc. It doesn't matter if they get annoyed- it's their job and you are paying them for it.

As for the others (cramping, bleeding, sometimes headaches), they CAN be a sign of miscarriage. HOWEVER, in early pregnancy, those things can also be very common for so many women, that it's hard to tell. Cramping and bleeding aren't ever a "good" sign when combined, though- have you had your progesterone levels checked? I'd think that after Depo your doc would want to check into that, especially with the cramping and bleeding, since those can indicate low levels.

The good thing is, this MAY be something you can take care of (for example, if it IS related to low progesterone). So I'd definately give your doc a call. At your ultrasound did they point out anything like the position of the placenta or anything??
Waiting for #2!
</div>
January 23rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
Super Mommy
Let us know how things go and what the doctor says!!
Waiting for #2!
</div>
January 24th, 2006, 03:47 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope everything is alright... I also have never heard of sore legs being a sign of m/c.
January 24th, 2006, 07:52 AM
hopin4a4rth
I hope everything is ok. I second the calling your dr no matter if he gets annoyed. It is his job & w/ the high risk, he should be happy w/ your calling. (((hugs))) Sorry you are going through this & I hope all is ok.
January 24th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Super Mommy
Bottom line, you know your body. If you are concerned, call. Even if there is nothing serious wrong, it is your dr's job to check out things that concern you and to reassure you when nothing is wrong. Make 'em earn their check!

Kaz
January 24th, 2006, 08:35 AM
hopin4a4rth
UGH!! What an awful office. Can you get in w/ another dr??
January 24th, 2006, 09:49 AM
ladybgg
Quote:
Thanks ladies.. I hate my doctor's office. I called and told them ALL of my symptoms and the lady said, "who did you see?" I told her, and she is like "Well she won't be back in until Monday, you can call back then and talk to her". Mmm Okay? So until then I'm just supposed to worry? I asked her what I was to do until then she said "Take tylenol or motrin for the pain but they aren't going to give you anything like narcotics for pain while you're pregnant".... I didn't ASK for pain relief I'm asking if my baby is OKAY! [/b]

If they wont answer your question.... or for that matter.... SEE YOU... Go to the ER. They will take it more seriously then your doctor's office is. That way, at least you know your baby is okay... it will ease your mind.

I would also confront your doctor about this treatment... and if still nothing happens.... change doctors, definately! They should treat you as a high risk if you are at high risk! JMO

Please go to the ER... at least it will provide SOME comfort...
Keep us posted...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search