Does anyone know?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay...Lets say I get pregnant again....After I get pregnant..can the doctor just give me progesterone? I mean without any tests??

I am going to see a new doctor on the 20th of Feb..but I will ovulate around the 5th...( I also am going to have a pap smear done on the 31st of this month) so we want to try then..I really do not want to wait another month!!

I think from what I have read I may have not had enough progesterone when I had my m/c..I want to be able to take it if I can...

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

~~Lisa~~(40) Mommy to Jenna Justine 20 years old and Peyton Keely Born December 28th,2007
January 24th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Super Mommy
Most doctors will prefer to do the testing first, if you're concerned. If you're quite certain, however, you may be able to have him/her call in a script for a low dose progesterone until you have test results to go by.

I put myself on prog. cream (since it's only available OTC since it's not FDA approved...because it's a naturally occuring substance so it can't be patented) this time because I KNEW I wouldn't get into the doc on time. However, I was very lucky because although I was having my levels checked and they were actually pretty high, I was still concerned, so without even having seen me first, my doc called in a Rx. for 50 mg/day supps.
Waiting for #2!
</div>
January 24th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Regular
My doctor put me on Prometrium this pregnancy without testing me. It was a low dose....only 100mg a day and he said it was because I got pregnant so soon after my D+C. I was on it until I got to 15 weeks.
New bean due 5/17/06!!

January 24th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dr put me on it despite my progesterone levels being high...he said he treats every woman with progesterone who's had recurrent m/c's...so I'm thinking you can get the Dr to give you some asap...it seems it can't hurt.Yopu might want to do some research ont he net as well. Oh and bit of advice...do not I repeat do not get the oral kind...suppositories all the way (never thought I would say that) but I'm on the oral kind and can not think about them w/o gagging...hopping to get a new rx tomorrow for the suppository kind...i paid $90 for the oral ones but who cares at this point! i can't take another one by mouth if my life depended on it right now...blah!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
January 24th, 2006, 10:19 PM
jenn010679's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to jenn010679
my doctor didnt test me for anything. but i guess because i had a mc in april and a mmc in august he did what he felt was right. i have been taking one mg of folic acid since sept and am to continue taking it. i had my first appt with the doc today and he told me to start my prenatal vitamins, start taking baby asprin and to also start taking a progesterone supplement(taking vaginally) because of the progesterone i am not to have intercourse while on it. i take the asprin for 3 months and the progesterone for 4 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search