Original due date approaching

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So this Sunday would be the DD for my first baby. I'm so grateful that I'm pregnant again because I'm not sure I could get through it if I wasn't. I'm having conflicting emotions where some moments it's all I think about and some moments I feel at peace. I think it's also ironic that this baby is due at the same time where I lost my first. Almost like my baby is giving me a reason to smile this year. I don't know, I guess I'm just a little emotional about it. Help me get through this weekend!

"Nothing in this world worth having is easy"
January 26th, 2006, 10:04 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
It's ok to have conflicting emotions!!! I think that we all do. One of my DDs was January 10th, and I was thrilled that I got to spend this one pregnant. Then I felt guilty, like I wasn't honoring that loss...then I felt guilty that I wasn't being happy enough for this one.

Pregnancy is an emotional rollercoaster, so we're all entitled...not that we wouldn't be, anyway.

I'm sorry that this weekend is going to be difficult for you, but I think that it was a nice way to think of it in believing that your baby was giving you a reason to smile.

January 26th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Super Mommy
Hi there...I certainly can relate to your "conflicting" emotions about it all!! When I passed my first angel's EDD, I wasn't yet pregnant again, and that was very difficult, as it just seemed to remind me of what I didn't have. But for my 2nd angel's EDD, I actually had my big u/s that day. It was so strange- seeing the perfect little being inside of me and knowing that on that same day that my 2nd baby was due.
Waiting for #2!
</div>
January 26th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Regular
I completely understand. I am so happy to be pregnant again, but don't want to feel like I've forgotten my little angel. I'm similar to you in that I am due (9/17) around the same time I lost my 2nd baby (9/13). I was due with baby #2 on 5/14/06...which just happens to be Mother's Day. I'm worried I will still be grieving the loss of that baby when I should be celebrating Motherhood with my little girl and baby#3. I'll be thinking of you. We'll never forget the babies we didn't get to hold in our arms.

January 27th, 2006, 03:54 AM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You will be in my thoughts and prayers B
January 27th, 2006, 06:57 AM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know how you feel, I actually found out the week of my original DD that i was pregnant, so it was bittersweet. ((((HUGS)))))

January 27th, 2006, 08:46 AM
hopin4a4rth
Mine was Dec 9th. One of my best friends had a baby on Dec. 1st and I saw her for the first time on the 10th. That was a very emotional weekend for me. (((hugs)))) I'll be thinking of you.
January 27th, 2006, 10:41 AM
soontobemommyto3
you are in my thoughts. It will be a hard day. But I also felt a sense of closure after my Due Date. Like I finally could put my baby to rest. Hard to explain. I hope you get that same feeling of closure.
January 27th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a difficult time when my dd came around. Thats when I knew I wanted to start trying again. Before that I wasn't ready at all. It took 4 months before I got pregnant and now my new dd is one day form my last bebe. I feel the stress. The sorrow, I'm not sure....
It hard sometimes because you think I should have the bebe allready instead of feeling impatient and waiting through the next.

I hope you are feeling better.
January 28th, 2006, 03:45 AM
SpugsLady's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to SpugsLady Send a message via Yahoo to SpugsLady
My due date is April 3rd, i'm dredding it because i wont be pregnant by the time it comes. Keep yourself busy and light a candle for your little one, and double count your blessings, it's great that your pregnant again, keep your head up

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search