anyone else scared to have sex????

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Regular
I have been reading about how people are having sex and how it is sometimes better when you are pregnant but for me it is the opposite. I have had 4 miscarriages and now we are finally pregnant again and things are looking very good. But I am scared to have sex because I have heard that when you have breast stimulation it can cause perterm labour or when you orgasm it casuse your uterus to contract. We have waited so long for this little one and I would hate to have anything happen now. Does anyone else feel this way. My doctor did say that he did'nt see any reason why we can't have sex. But I still worry.
Holly

January 27th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
I am afraid to. I wasn't either time I was pregnant before. But this time I am, I am afraid of everything.
I guess it is to be expected. I've been told it is ok I don't think we have to worry, but we will.
January 27th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my mc, the only sign I had was spotting after sex at 11 weeks. My dr assured me over the phone that this was probably normal, but she had me come in just to be sure. Sure enough it wasnt ok and I mc'd. She said it wasnt sex that made me mc, and I know that, but this time around, I dont want to find out I am mc'ing in that way! It was horrible!
Also, this time around, I would spot after sex or any time I even became aroused. So far things look fine, but in talking with my dr, I expressed my fears and she said it would be best for me to wait til my next visit (when I am 11 weeks) before I had sex again. She gave me a reason, but I dont remember what it was. My SIL had 4 mc's before conceiving her DD, and she was advised after the 2nd not to have sex the entire first trimester- you are obviously further than that, but I dont know why if they say sex is safe, why not do it?

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
January 27th, 2006, 03:00 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am worried to have sex too- The dr. said it is fine, but like all of you i am worried about everything and I don't want to risk anything this time around. If we can hold out i am going too b/c its not worth something happening. Even if i just started spotting i would be in panic state, so my poor DH is just going to have to suffer

January 27th, 2006, 03:59 PM
soontobemommyto3
I"m not so much worried as just completely uninterested. Maybe that is my body's way of saying nope, not right now, gotta protect baby.
January 28th, 2006, 03:12 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am pretty uninterested too. Though when I first found out, I was afraid to have sex. Now, except for everynow and then, I just dont really care to.
January 28th, 2006, 03:21 AM
SpugsLady's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to SpugsLady Send a message via Yahoo to SpugsLady
hey, sorry your feeling like this...

most people/doctors/midwifes etc... say sex while pg is okay but i think i will be the same as you if i got pg again it goes through my mind everyday about what could have caused my m/c... i keep thinking sex could be 1 of the things. do what you feel is comfatable. you'll be fine.

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search