Updating on Us

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2009, 08:11 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK, so it's been ages, and I'm SO SORRY!!!! I've been just continuously overwhelmed, it seems like. But I'm so embarassed that Ella is 6wks old now, and I'm just updating! I've been coming and checking on everyone periodically, but that's all the time I can get to myself it seems. (I'm lucky if I shower daily) OK, so I'll update, and tell you why now.

So at the beginning of December I had that pre-term labor thing. Well I continued to contract every day, on and off all day, but they didn't seem to get more painful (which is what they told me to watch for). So I ran around like mad woman trying to get caught up at work, get things ready at home because I knew she was coming early, and of course get everything for Christmas ready. Well 12/21 rolls around, and my family was doing their Christmas get-together that Sunday as they were going to be in Denver for actual Christmas. My mom joked, whether she should bring clothes for the weekend or not and I said "No, I think we're find." So we had Christmas and it was nice and fun, and then that night my contractions got worse and were VERY regular and consistent. I had a Dr appointment Monday morning so I wasn't overly worried about it. Then they woke me up in the middle of the night, and they were quite uncomfortable, definitely different than what I had been having. I got up at like 4 and timed them and they were every 4 minutes and hurting. Finally after an hour I decided to get in the shower and just get ready, shaved my legs and all. After the shower they were roughly 3 minutes apart and hurt worse, by 6 I was breathing and moaning through them. I told Eddie he better call into work, and come to the dr with me because I was sure we were having a baby. This was the first day of Sid's holiday vacation and he was going to a different place for daycare, and the poor kid was nervous and we had to hustle him off and leave him to get me to the dr, I felt so bad for him. But I needed to get to the dr, the contractions were worse and coming every 2 minutes.

Here's where it gets funny. We get to the dr, and they don't believe me that I'm having this baby today. But my dr sends me over to labor and delivery to be monitored because the contractions are obviously worse than they normally were. Up to this point I hadn't had any bleeding or leaking water, nothing. We check in at l&d (my dr's office is in the hospital, it just a short walk to l&d), and as soon as we get there they want a urine sample and from the time it took to walk from my dr's office to there I had started bleeding heavily. So they check me, and the nurse is like, I don't know what your dr is talking about, you have definitely changed since you were checked in his office. She said, I "think" your probably going to have your baby today. So my sister called me right then, and I'm telling her what the nurse said, and she's like "I don't speak labor lingo, tell me what's going on in English." I laughed and my water broke with a big gush. The nurse called my dr again, and he says "yep, your having a baby today." From that time to the time Ella was out it was less than an hour. After my water broke I progressed super quickly, my contractions were coming almost on top of each other by the time they got my epi in, I was SOOOOO relieved when it was in place! Miss Ella came into the world on 12/22/08 at 11:16 am, weighing 6.15 lbs and measuring 19 inches. It took a few seconds for her to cry, and they held her up over the curtain and then wisked her away to the NICU. I sent Eddie with her. So I'm laying there on the table while their stitching me up, and we're talking about Christmas and what we'd gotten our kiddos. It was pretty amusing. I spent just over an hour in recovery, I felt pretty good, they'd given me a huge cocktail and I was feeling NO pain. Then they wheeled me into the NICU in my bed and everything, and I got to see her and touch her for a few minutes before they took me to my post-partum room. She was so beautiful, so fair (my son had been sooo dark), she had a head full of dark hair that stood straight up and looked curly too. She looked so tiny, yet so chunky too; I know that sounds strange, but she was small but had plenty of meat on her bones. Just like her mommy!

So we spent 2 weeks in the NICU. She had glucose problems, wouldn't eat, got jaundice, etc. Normal preemie issues, but definitely not as bad as it could be. It was rough, but I was so thankful that it wasn't worse. Some of those poor babies in there, and then I'd just cry for their mommies, and then I'd cry tears of thanks for us; I was just super emotional. That lasted until she came home, and then it was like a huge burden had been lifted and I could enjoy everything again. Since then we've just been hanging out at home together. I'm working from home, and then I have my son to pick up from school every day, and all the normal home stuff. I've just been so busy, I definitely took on more than I could handle offereing to work from home. I have deadlines, and work issues everyday, on top of being up in the night, and housework. AAAAAHHHHHH!!

It's been 6 wks now! I can't believe Ella is SIX weeks old!!! I love her so much, she's so wonderful! We're finally getting things down, in a groove, and I'm able to get more things done now. I've also gotten over my "I can do it all" issue, so I've been asking Eddie for more help. Once I asked though, he jumped right in and has been so helpful and is just a WONDERFUL new daddy again.

OK, I had intended to get photos up too, but she's waking for her evening feed; so I'll have to do that later. If you got through this whole thing (which I tried to make as brief as I could, so left out all kinds of stuff) then you are amazing and I LOVE you! and I can't edit now either, I'm sorry, I hope there aren't too many typos!

Miss you ladies!! I'll try and be on more frequently, but I'm sure you all understand.

February 2nd, 2009, 08:16 PM
cherryblossom88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awwwwwwwwwww so beautiful!!!!
congrats
Reagan 8/8/06
Sakura 8/24/09
Amaryea 11/18/10

February 2nd, 2009, 09:30 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well howdy doody stranger!!

I'm glad that Miss Ella is doing so wonderful!!

Can't wait for the update pics!!!

Missed you!!!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
February 2nd, 2009, 09:35 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
it is hard to believe it has been six weeks !!

I am so happy to hear that everything is going well !!!!!
it was wonderful to get your update !!! Please dont wait another 6 weeks to post, we can't take that !!!!!! lol

we are all looking forward to more pics of your sweetie!

February 2nd, 2009, 09:52 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Well, from the pic in your sig she is beautiful!! I'm so glad to hear an update, I've been wondering about you. I'm glad everything is going well!

February 3rd, 2009, 05:27 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
jennnnnnnnnnnnn its soooooo good to see an update from you darling!
we miss you loads but totally understand why you havent been around. jeez im shattered just reading that
love you girl
xxx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
February 3rd, 2009, 05:32 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for up-dating, and Ella is a beautiful little girl , I can't wait to see more pics of her (when you have the time).

I can't beleive she is 6 weeks already!!! I'm glad you are asking for help, and that you are in your new mommy groove!!
February 3rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wonderful to hear from you Jen! I know what you mean about tiny and chunky at the same time....my DD was 6' 12" and 18 1/2 inches...tiny, but chunky. Of course, mine wasn't a preemie....she would have been big had she baked longer!! I'm glad you knew your own labor situation better than the docs, sounds like things happened fast! Congratulations again, she is lovely.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
February 3rd, 2009, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She's beautiful. Glad all worked out so well.

February 3rd, 2009, 12:11 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's good to hear from you. I totally understand being to busy to get on here! I can't wait for pictures!
February 3rd, 2009, 04:47 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I told Jen like every other week to get on here and post and she finally did!

I can't wait to see the new pics!!!! As you can tell, she's also trying to update her siggy!

Sooo glad to hear Ella is doing so well!!!

February 3rd, 2009, 04:47 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I told Jen like every other week to get on here and post and she finally did!

I can't wait to see the new pics!!!! As you can tell, she's also trying to update her siggy!

Sooo glad to hear Ella is doing so well!!!

February 4th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HI Jen!! Glad you stopped by with your update!!

Sounds like you are doing well, although busy!!

Can't wait to see some pics of Miss Ella
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

February 4th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
awwww CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so glad she is home now and cant wait to see pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search