Freakin' out!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2009, 02:34 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok. I know it sounds weird, but I'm NOT looking forward to the u/s tomorrow. We found out that Marshall was gone at an u/s...his image is seared into my brain, and because she had to record "a lack of a hearbeat", that sound is in my brain too...the white noise.

I'm scared, and angry, and I don't know why I am angry. I am trying to relax, but I can't!!

I HOPE to come on tomorrow and tell y'all how far along we are and when baby is due...

Please let it be a good U/S. Please...
February 3rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
You know, I don't like ultrasounds either. I had one today, and before that we'd checked the heartbeat and he was moving around, and I STILL got nervous as the tech squirted my belly with the jelly stuff.

You're angry because you don't have Marshall with you right now. That's why. Take deep breaths and I'll pray that everything goes fabulously tomorrow!

February 3rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
You know, I don't like ultrasounds either. I had one today, and before that we'd checked the heartbeat and he was moving around, and I STILL got nervous as the tech squirted my belly with the jelly stuff.

You're angry because you don't have Marshall with you right now. That's why. Take deep breaths and I'll pray that everything goes fabulously tomorrow!

February 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
I feel the same way as you at every ultrasound.

I don't care how many times I have heard my baby's heartbeat, I am terrified of that ultrasound image. I, too, had to see a "failed" pregnancy via ultrasound. Something I would like to get out of my memory.

Everything will be fine!!

February 3rd, 2009, 07:41 PM
Quote:
I, too, had to see a "failed" pregnancy via ultrasound. Something I would like to get out of my memory.[/b]

I think it's the worst thing that any mother could see. >_< Makes me want to cry just thinking about it.

February 4th, 2009, 04:09 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say good luck today, and many T&P for a great u/s!
February 4th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I, too, have been there, done that...getting bad news via ultrasound.

But, the good news is, it doesn't always happen that way--this pregnancy is proof!!

Good luck today and I will be anxious to read your good news!!

ETA:How far along are you today??
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

February 4th, 2009, 06:58 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
U/S are very scary for me too...I think they are for all of us. But the fear melts as soon as you get to see your healthy little peanut on that screen It will be ok Heather (((HUGS)))

Are you going to the same office that you went to with Marshal? Before the tech starts tell them it is very important to you that they announce the baby is fine as soon as s/he see's the baby. They should be sensitive to your situation.

I will say a little prayer for you too. I can't wait for your happy update!

February 4th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The u/s I had today was at the same place where my bad one was last year. Only difference is I'm a week and a half earlier. I drove a different vehicle, parked in a different place in the parking lot, sat on the opposite side of the waiting room, and when they took me back I saw the two doors at the end of the hallway- the one to the left was last time and I was strangely happy when they took me to the door on the right. I wanted today to be different on all levels! I kept telling myself if they say "there's no heartbeat" like last time I'd demand a second opinion. I was soooooo scared. The lady was really nice and said there's the heartbeat and turned the sounds up right away.
February 4th, 2009, 05:52 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm THRILLED for you Allison!!! Yay!!!!!

It was a different place, and honestly, when she used the outside thingy, all you could see was the gestational sac, and I started shivering and crying. She pressed harder, showing me a shadow where the baby could be. I got ready for the internal, and she immediately turned the screen towards me, smiled, and turned up the sound!!!

It was so great to see this LO. I am trying to tell myself it's ok to relax and enjoy this pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search