meds or no meds ?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2009, 11:22 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Bobbie got me wondering......

will you ladies have meds or will you go all natural ?

February 6th, 2009, 12:57 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im a wimp So if I get my VBAC, I will be having the same meds I had when I had Jordan... gas & air and an epidural

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
February 6th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really want to try no meds, but I'm still open to it if I need it.

February 6th, 2009, 05:28 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
i had gas and air with most of mine but with sadie i couldnt even use that so i will be going all natural again
(unless of course this glow worm doesnt move soon and i have to have a c section, then i will have to start looking into things )

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
February 6th, 2009, 05:37 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going to try for all natural. I don't want an IV or anything. I don't even want the Dr or nurse to suggest meds to me.

I am reading the bradley method book right now and learning quite a bit. A lot of interesting facts about labor meds that I didn't know. I want to take a bradley class, but none are offered in my area.
February 6th, 2009, 01:40 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No meds for me. I took Bradley classes w/ DD and had a doula. This time I'll hire a doula and may even do some looking into hypnobirthing. I personally believe that being able to use your mind to calm and relax your body is an incredible tool for anyone and since DD was born I've used it for a wisdom tooth extraction gone wrong, and kidney stones. Labor and delivery was such a rush for me with DD and I'm really looking forward to it again.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
February 6th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm seriously thinking about no meds. If I could have the effects of the epi without the big needle part, I wouldn't care. But it took them 3 tries to get it in with Cora, and I was SO BRUISED from it, and with Erin it burned going in (and I was in transition and having horrible contractions, and the epi was worse), so I'm thinking, why even bother?

We'll see what happens when I'm actually in labor though. =

February 6th, 2009, 04:05 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was drugged with #1 and LOVED my birth experience. I felt no pain, remember her coming out, and truly enjoyed the birth. I had sections with 2 and 3, and LOVED those birth experiences. I took meds with Marshall bc the dr. didn't see the point of being in pain on top of dying emotionally. I felt him slip out, and it was THE most beautiful thing I've seen next to Mom dying.

With this one, hopefully I'll get to have a section, and listen for that beautiful cry
February 6th, 2009, 04:38 PM
soon to be mommy of four!
epidural all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had natural the first time and it was sheer HELL!

Second time I had an epidural at 6 cm, and I enjoyed the birth and the pushing. I was laughing while I pushed her out, and felt rested and alert with plenty of energy, not a run-down mess like with my first.

I plan to request my epidural as soon as I get to the hospital.
son, born Oct. 2, 2009
and expecting baby #4: 10/10/2011!!

one angel baby

Make a pregnancy ticker

February 6th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Natural for me! I am actually planning on using a birthing center within the hospital...you can't have pain meds there. I plan on an unmedicated waterbirth and I am soooo excited
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

February 6th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went natural with DS1's birth...and it was a NIGHTMARE...I barely remember the last 3-4 hours of it because at a certain point your body's natural pain threshold kicks in and you start to not remember the horrible pain which along goes everything else happening around you...

With DS2 I got an epidural at 6CM (about 3 hours in) and like Anna, I actually enjoyed labor! I also was laughing and joking with the doctor...I can remember Keegan coming out...and what he looked like the first few minutes of his life (and him peeing all over the doctor while the nurses clamped his cord for DH to cut it )...and feeling more relieved that he was here and healthy versus just feeling relieved that the pain was finally over...

I will say though that as soon as the baby came out the excruciating part of the pain was over...but I'd just like to remember more of the experience...

So I will definately be requesting another epidural...

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
February 6th, 2009, 06:44 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
I'm attempting a VBAC and would like to try natural. I had an epi with Bailey - she was sunny side up and I had HORRIBLE back labor.

So...I'm open to using meds, but like to go as far as possible natural if I can.

February 6th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a great L&D experience with Makenna. I had an epi and plan on getting another one. No regrets and I could feel every contraction but no pain. I knew when to push due to the pressure but felt no pain from it. I plan on using various positions and labouring in the jacuzzi in my room, but when it comes time I'm requesting the epi.
February 6th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Wow, I think it's interesting to read all the different experiences people have had, and how it affects the decisions for later births.

February 6th, 2009, 11:17 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am hoping for a non medicated birth. I'm actually hiring a doula in training. We meet her tomorrow, I'm excited!

I have no idea what "method" to use though. They have a childbirth class through the hospital, it's a one day thing and $70. I just have my doubts as to whether it will be useful.

I've thought about buying the hypnobirthing homestudy course.

February 6th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
drug free homebirth vbac for me My last one was WONDERFUL and I'm really looking forward to doing it again!!!

February 8th, 2009, 11:22 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
I had a epi with Nathan..and I hated it. I felt the pain at the end, the epi had started to wear off and some of the feeling was comming back in my legs, which I kept my mouth shut about because I hate the numbness in my legs..I was SO uncomfortable..not able to move! But around 7-8cm..most of the epi had worn off and the pain was BAD..and to late to get it back..Nathan was near distress, and losing his heartrate. After 16hrs of labor..I ended up feeling alot of pain in the end..Im sure it was not all the pain but it was ALOT. Im not sure I will get an epi again..but Im also not planning to have any more children!! So!!
February 8th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll have another scheduled c-section. I loved it with Mason and am looking forward to it again. DH loved watching everything and it was so quick.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search