how much weight

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2009, 09:26 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
ok, im sure its been asked loads of times (and i should know the answer) but, how much weight did you gain in each trimester (just roughly is fine)
i lost a lot with my others because i was really ill but normally by 16weeks i had started gaining above what i was (apart from with kyle but thats a different story)
anyway, i have been getting trouble from my doc lately because im now almost 17 weeks and i am 7lb lighter than when i got pregnant.
i am eating very small amounts and bump is growing but due to health problems and my history of eating disorders he is getting concerned.
so come on girls, spill! how much did you lose/gain
xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
February 6th, 2009, 09:36 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i only gained a couple of pounds in the 1st trimester.
i started really gaining more weight halfway or most of the way through my second trimester.
by the time Thea was born i had gained 38 lbs total (which was good b/c i was thin before getting pregnant)
February 6th, 2009, 10:12 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right Now, I am up 8 lbs. I gained nothing until I was about 18 weeks, then the weight started to come on.

Are you eating small amounts several times a day, just curious about what you said above. I'm sure you are doing just fine. I remember that you have said you have been pretty sick. It might take a little time to get back to your starting weight when baby is making you get sick so much.

February 6th, 2009, 10:23 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
thanks girls
my daily intake right now is
2 slices toast
half can chopped tomatoes
1 egg
2 cups tea
1cup milk.
even that makes me sick. i tried talking to the doc but he thinks its something more than the pregnancy as i am actually taking meds for the sickness but even the thought of food makes me gag.
oh well, i guess i just have to keep trying and taking the lectures until i start gaining again.
i guess his concern is that im not worried as in my eyes i was overweight to start with but he didnt think so.
xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
February 6th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That does not really sound like alot of food. (Don't take this wrong). I am a big eater so maybe that is just it., I could eat toast and a egg for breakfast. But then again you are saying that you do not feel like eating anything.

I would not worry though as long as the baby is fine andgrowing you will be fine... Just remember to take a pair of ear plugs with you to your next appointment

Forgot to add though so a far I have not gained any weight and I think I am down a couple pounds still....
February 6th, 2009, 12:15 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its hard for me to figure out how much I've gained because this pregnancy came not too long after my last m/c and I gained some of my weight back there. I was quite thin (for me) prior to that, so I know I'm up 21 lbs from my smallest, but not all of that has been this pregnancy. I am in the "rapidly gaining" part of this pg though....and I hope I will slow down a bit by the end. I gained 31 total with DD which seemed to be a good amount especially since nursing took quite a toll on me and was the reason I was thin for me before my m/c's started.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
February 6th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
As of my 26wk appointment I've gained a total of 18lbs.
February 6th, 2009, 06:59 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
I lost weight in my first trimester due to stomach being so sensitive. Then I started gaining in the 2nd trimester. My total gain as 28 weeks is 6lbs.

I was a little over my ideal weight when I got pregnant and I'm actually measuring ahead, so my midwife isn't concerned.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search