MIA, some news, an update,

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2009, 12:10 AM
*Pamela*
Sorry I have been missing in action, it's been crazy here getting ready for my next step in immigration. I have been studying to take a knowledge of life in the UK test and that is on Thursday. I'm so nervous and have been reading an taking practice tests for weeks now. It takes me 5 mins to take the test, but have been told I will be there for an hour and a half. I'm a bit worried about leaving Gabriella because she refuses to take a bottle. We're due for some more snow to come in and I really need to get this test done.

Also, sorry I have missed so many births. Congrats to you all as well as our newest members. No matter where I am, you are always in my heart.

Gabriella is growing so fast, she is almost 3 months old already. She is the sweetest baby and so laid back, she only fusses when she is hungry and I dont get to her as soo as she wants....lol. She has been sleeping really great the past few weeks, she goes to bed about 9:30 and sleeps till 4:30, but she has had a few nights of sleeping till 8 am. She loves her big brothers and is always smiling at them, she wiggles like crazy when they are playing, she wants to get down there and play with them. Alex was dancing with her last night and she was laughing so hard. It is so cute when she gets happy...she gets the biggest smile and pulls her legs up in the air. She is eating so much better now, not so often, but still has her feeding frenzies. Ethanael makes me laugh, he doesn't understand the indoor voice and I feel like I'm always shooshing him when she has those feeding frenzie days. Well, later that day after I put her to bed and I came back downstairs, he was making noise and I just smiled at him. He says, I'm not shooshing mommy. Later I told my dh and I was laughing so hard I couldn't get it all out. I normally don't shoosh him, but when she has her frenzy, it's nice to get a break for a few moments until the next feed, at least they are not too frequent.

We have had a bit of a step backwards with Ethanael, he has been wetting his pants at night so we have put him back in pullups until he is ready to start again. He was doing it during the day but now is back on track. We had a feeling he might go through this being so young with a new baby and all so we just take it a day at a time. He's getting there.

So, on to my good news!!!! My mom is flying me and Gabriella over to Pittsburgh at the beginning of June for 3 weeks!!!! I'm so excited, it will be 2 1/2 years since I have been back to the states. She offered to fly all of us over, but it's just too expensive for 5 tickets. I can't wait. It has been so hard not having her here when Gabriella was born and then not knowing when she would see her and I so badly wanted her to meet Gabriella as a baby. So this is really a dream come true.

And I have even more good news!!!! We are moving back to the states!!!!!! Yahooo!!! Yahoo!!!! Yahoo!!!! It will be about 3 years so Alex can finish school but I can't wait. I just can't get used to it here. I miss my family and I miss the way of life for raising children there. I just can't see raising my children here. I'm just so happy to be coming home. So now Mick will have to go through immigration again. I wish I didn't but my visa expires at the end of the month, it costs £750 plus the cost of my test and the cost of the book required to study, yikes!!! Funny thing is, we saved up £1500 because I thougth I had to pay for Alex then found out that he can go on my application with one fee but then just found out last week that his visa already is valid for settlement and doesn't matter if it has an expiration. Whew! One less thing to worry about.

and here are some photos, my aunt sent the little black velvet dress for her so we did a photo shoot with her. The little lamb is the lamb her daddy bought her when he was in Germany.

She was smiling at Ethanael

Here she is super excited looking at her big brother, love when she gets this happy

Her first snow angel

Ethanael out in the snow, he had such a good time

I was holding Gabriella and Ethanael wanted me to hold him too. She leaned forward to be closer to him and this was my view.

February 9th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh my goodness, she's so adorable!! I love the pics of her grinning at her brother! awwwwwwww

Sounds like you've been terribly busy, but I'm glad you get to make a trip home! That's always nice. I'm having a hard time being away from my mother and there's not an ocean between us! It's great that you have plans to move back here. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time living over there.

It's so great to see an update from you!

February 9th, 2009, 05:08 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
pamela
ive missed you girl!
im so sorry you have been having such a busy time but it looks like things are turning out for the best and gabriella is doin well.
loving all the pics hunny
xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
February 9th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Your daughter is so cute. I love the one with her in the snow !!
February 9th, 2009, 01:15 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so cute! glad youa re able to move back! and i love the snow picture .. it looks almost fake!

~Em

February 9th, 2009, 03:11 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Luck on the immigration test! Hope it goes great for you.

Gabriella is just a doll! I love the snowbunny pic and I love the pics of her and Ethanael sitting together!! So Cute!!

February 9th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love all the pics!! Gabriella is getting so big and she is so cute

And YAY for getting to come for a visit and for having plans to move back! That's super exciting Even though it's 3 years, it will go by so quickly and it will be here before you know it!

Glad to read your update!
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

February 9th, 2009, 11:42 PM
*Pamela*
Thanks so much ladies. I'm so excited about coming over in June, she will be just over 6 months. She has her American passport but I need to get her British passport.

I can't believe how much we have spent on passports and visas the past few months.

I can't wait to move back, our original plan was for 5 years but after having Gabriella, I had a thought about where I really want to raise my children. I should say, I have the best neighbors but have no real friends here, just Mick's family. They mean well, but they're not my parents kwim? I'm counting down the days. I'm going to have to get a ticker for it.
February 10th, 2009, 09:12 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Pamela,

what an incredible update ! You have so much going on !!! and LOTS of things to look forward to. That is really great !!!!
the pics are just precious !!!!!! I love the snow angel pic, and the 2 of them sitting together, just precious !!!!

February 10th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Aww she's so cute. I love the big baby smiles they have and the one of the her and Ethanael is so cute. Thankx for the update hon and CONGRATES on getting to move back here!!!

February 11th, 2009, 10:34 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i saw your reply in my thread, so i had to come see pics of beautiful Gabriella! i can't believe i almost missed this post. that is great that things are going well and how wexciting that you will be moving back to the US!
your daughter sure is a beauty. such a doll in that dress! and i cna't get over that snow angel pic - one of the cutest pics i've seen!
btw, Thea still has 'feeding frenzies' once in a while, but it much less often now. way to go mommy!
February 12th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
omg she is sooooooooooo cute

omg she is sooooooooooo cute

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search