New to this board, not JM

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, Everyone. I just thought I'd introduce myself before jumping in here. I'm Debbie, 32, married to DH for 7.5yrs, and I'm 16.5 weeks along right now. I had two miscarriages (Feb '03 and Oct '04) before giving birth to our oldest son, Isaac. I was so excited to make it to that 20wk u/s after having miscarriages. Unfortunately, we found out that day that our precious son had very serious complications. He was born in Dec '05. Isaac was almost six months old when he was called home to heaven, and it was a very painful and difficult time for me. Not an hour goes by where I don't think of him and miss him. The grief is still there. The Lord blessed us with our second son, Noah, who is 22 months old now and non-stop. I was very stressed out and anxious during my pregnancy and didn't have anyone to really talk with about everything I was feeling. Even having gone through it before, I am still anxious and nervous this time around as well. My 20wk u/s is in about a month, and I have been praying we will receive wonderful news that day. I'm so glad I found this board, so I can be open and honest about what I'm going through and hopefully be able to encourage and support others as well. I look forward to getting to know you all, and I wish all of you a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Thank you, Jessica/dettmer26, for my new siggy!

February 10th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Hey Debbie! I totally understand what you mean about even the second pregnancy after being stressful. This is my second pregnancy after my first was stillborn, and it's still stressful. But this is a wonderful forum where the women know what it's like not to be innocently ecstatic about being pregnant.

Btw, what forum have I seen you around on? Are you in the July DDC?

February 10th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you. I'm glad to hear that. I just started posting in the July DDC recently. I've been MIA for awhile but know I've seen you in at least one other forum too! It's late and I'm drawing a blank though! *blush*

February 11th, 2009, 05:42 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Debbie, and welcome to the PAL Board! Conratulations on your pg!!

I am very sorry for your loss, Isaac is such a beautiful boy. And I love Noah's smile. I wish no one had to go though losses, especially like yours.

I'm very glad you found us - The ladies here are awesome and full of support.

February 11th, 2009, 05:49 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
debbie welcome from another july DDCer!
im so sorry for everything you have been through hun but the girls here are so wonderful, supportive and understanding.
im sure you are going to fit in just perfect!
i am actually going to be MIA from tonight until monday but il be around more then and look forward to seeing more from you
xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
February 11th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to one of the most supportive boards on JM!

The ladies here are great and like Brittanie said, we understand the ups but unfortunately we understand the downs more...we don't believe in TMI and we celebrate ever milestone no matter how small!!

Im sorry you had to go through so much loss before this point...

Welcome to the family!!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
February 11th, 2009, 06:28 AM
LadyLacy's Avatar Super Mommy
welcome Debbie, I'm so very sorry for your losses, I wish none of us had to be here. Isaac is a beautiful boy! and Noah is a darling. I'm "newer" to this particular forum but the ladies here are very understanding, supportive and welcoming congratulations on your pregnancy.

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
February 11th, 2009, 07:03 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome to PAL! sorry for your losses.
Noah is very cute and Isaac,... what a angel.
you are right that you found a place to post openly and honestly about your fears and concerns (and, of course, we will celebrate the good things with you too). we all know in some form or another how you feel.

will you be finding out the gender at your next u/s?
February 12th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Debbie!! I am so glad you found us!!! I am so sorry for your loss, he is such a cutie!!! we are all here for you to get you through this pregnancy atleast mostly sane
February 16th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you, everyone. I appreciate the warm welcome and kind words.

Yes, we will be finding out the gender if the baby decides to cooperate!

February 16th, 2009, 09:19 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Debbie,

I could swear I posted in this thread !!!

I am so very sorry for your losses.....

I truly wish no one had to know that heartache.....

I am so glad you found us here. I think you will see how all of the ladies understand and support each other. I look forward to getting to know you better !

Congratulations !!!

February 16th, 2009, 10:24 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Debbie Im so sorry about your loss, Issac is such a beautiful baby. And Noah is as well. Congrats on the new baby, and welcome to PAL..these ladies are wonderful, and here you will always have someone to talk to, reach out to and lean on.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search