I'm bbaaaacccckkkk :)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2009, 01:58 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are home and pretty well settled in now. Some of you know Matthew had jaundice. Both my other kids have had it, so it is nothing new to me but it is still sad...scary...and takes some of the joy out of bringing your baby home. We were playing the waiting game as to wether or not we could leave on Monday when we got his bili level back. It was 12...so they kept him for light therapy. It sucks.

Luckily he had a mild case of it and only required lights for a day. The highest his bili got to was 18. It is so hard to nurse when you have a baby in the NICU. I could only have him for 30 minutes every 3 hours. We slept in a room that was pretty much a closet with two chairs and a sink. Newborns just don't nurse like that. We ended up cup feeding him formula along with TRYING to breastfeed. Liquids are so important when a little one is trying to rid his body of the biliruben. Luckily it worked. He was discharged on Tuesday at 6pm. Yesterday was rough. I am not feeling 100% yet and it makes me frustrated to not be able to do what I need to do. I ended up having mom cup feed him a feeding so I could sleep for four hours. My body is just falling apart. I still have very limited use of my right leg. It scares me. It just won't move when I want it to. Sigh.

Anyways.... breastfeeding is now going amazing. He is a great nurser. I am so in love with this little guy. I can't believe he is here. He is so tiny! I love just sitting here staring at him. I can't believe my body made him. We finally have a child together....it just takes my breath away when I think of it.

I also have some sad news.... the day I was induced (Thursday) Dave's sister was in a really bad snowmobile accident and was air lifted to a nearby hospital. She broke her back in two places. So far she is paralized and they don't think she will ever walk again. I am praying hard they are wrong. She is a very strong woman and probably will keep trying everything possible until there is no hope. Even if she never walks again she is the type of person who will still enjoy life to the fullest possible. I am just sad for her kids. She is the one with Ian and James (the two names I would have loved to use if they weren't taken...LOL) They decided not to tell us until after the baby was here. I am a little upset because I would have banked Matthews cord blood if we had known on the off chance that it could have helped. I understand when they didn't want to tell us while I was in labor...but I wish we had known.

So.... that is what is going on here. As soon as I feel more human I will post more Tankster pics. His cheeks are sooo chubby!

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

February 12th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Hey Bobbie! I'm sorry about your leg. What is it from, the epidural? >_<

I'm so glad that Matthew is healthy. Erin's biliruben got up to 20.5 and she spent a week on a bili blanket at home, and that was very worrisome for me! I'm glad he only had to spend one day under lights.

And I'll say a special prayer for Dave's sister and her family.

February 12th, 2009, 03:21 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Bobbie,

I am so glad to hear that Matthew did not have to stay longer than he did. Katie almost did...her bili was 11.
it does suck. I really hope you start to feel better soon. Our bodies go through so much, while carrying and delivering....it is a wonder we ever bounce back at all.
did I totally miss something about your leg?? did yo tell me about it on the phone when my cell was cutting in and out? or did I miss a post? where am I ?

I am so sorry to hear about Dave's sister.....I will keep her in my thoughts.

I can not wait to see more pics of Matthew !!!!!

February 12th, 2009, 05:41 PM
LadyLacy's Avatar Super Mommy
glad to hear Matthew is doing well and home, hope your leg heals soon. glad to hear bfeeding is going well. I'm so very sorry to hear about your sil. she and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
February 12th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad to hear that he is doing so good with the boobies... and jaundice is such a potential pain in the butt...Keegan had it and I had to sit on the porch at the apartments with him naked in my arms (with a diaper on of course ) and people always looked at me funny...but of course loud mouth me would explain to them quickly it was to help him...not because I was some nut job...plus he really seemed to like the sunlight...

I'm sorry to hear that your leg nerves aren't cooperating so well...I've heard of that happening before...basically the site they inserted the needle has caused the disks to swell a little from being agitated and it can sometimes put pressure on the nerves in your back...so hopefully it won't take long for your feeling to get back to normal...

And I'm sooo sorry to hear about Dave's sister...I will most definately be adding all of you to my prayer list!!

Oh yeah...can't wait for more pictures of the Tankster I'm pretty sure that will ALWAYS be his nickname with his JM Aunties

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
February 13th, 2009, 11:13 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Bobbie!!

I'm sorry your body is being a pain! Hopefully you will be feeling better soon! Glad to hear that tank is doing good and feeding well!! YAY! Enjoy your little man.

Can't wait to see new pics!

I am so sorry to hear about your SIL though. Many prayers for her recovery.

February 13th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww I am so glad you are all home now and he is nursing so well yay!!!!

and I am so sorry about your SIL! I pray she is able to walk again!!
February 13th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear things are going well now, but I am sorry you had to spend that extra night in the hospital. Glad he got better quickly and I hope you feel back to normal soon!

I will definitely be keeping Dave's sister in my prayers. Please KUP!!
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

February 13th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you are home and Matthew is feeding well. It will take some time to get to your old self, especially after an epi unfortunetly. I am very sorry to hear about your sister in law but stay positive. They tell lots of ppl they will never walk and they do. It's always hard to tell the extend of damage at the time. You will probably know better as time goes on. I will be praying for her, that one day she will surprise you all. Enjoy your little one and when you have time we are dying for more pics. He is so handsome!
February 14th, 2009, 10:45 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
It's been so long since I've stopped in and posted anything. Once I saw you had your little guy I just had to come by and say how happy I am for you. What a Blessing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search