Hello Girls

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello girls! Sorry it has taking me so long to post pictures and a birth story. I just been so busy, it seems like all I do is nurse his little guy.
Well as you know I went for a c-section on Feb 4th, everything actually went pretty good. Not much of a birth story to tell, the c-section went well, he was very breech, so I guess it was a good thing that he came by c-section. The c-section itself was pretty weird, I could feel them moving stuff out of the way, and pulling the baby out. DH got to see the baby when he was already out, I had to tell him to go with the baby to see him, he cut part of the cord.
Anyway, Alexander was born at 2:09 pm weighted 7lb 10oz measured 19.7. Since birth he has lost weight but I guess that I normal, so far he's not gaining a lot of weight (as of Friday) so we are hoping that by this Friday he gains some weight. He was born a little jaundice, he has the test done but it came back in the low range, so I guess we don't have to worry about it, he's still a bit yellow but you can hardly notice it. I had some problems in the beginning with breastfeeding, his tongue click, poor guy, and hopefully after that breastfeeding will be easier, right now I have to wear a shield.
Other than all of these, the poor baby has pretty bad gas, and he has kept us up many nights screaming as loud as he can, sometimes it does sound like we are killing him. He hates when we change his diaper. He does awesome during the day, but night comes and the little demon in him comes out, and no one get any sleep.
I wouldn't be honest if I did not tell you girls that I'm having a very hard time. I cried my eyes off for days, I think it has to do with lack of sleep because now I'm sleeping and resting a bit more and I'm not crying as much. I guess the worse part for me is that fact that I know he is hurting because of gas and not being able to do anything about it.
Well, I have to go and take advantage that he is asleep and go and take a quick shower.
Miss you all. Here are some pictures.

February 16th, 2009, 01:53 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Patty he is just soooo adorable !!!!

I know what you mean about crying (you) it IS hard ...and hormones are still all over. It can be overwhelming, just recovering from the surgery itself....

as far as the gas, take a look at your diet since you are BFing, it could be something you are eating r drinking that may be causing some of it. Have you given him gas drops? I am telling you...the help sooooooooooooooooo much !!! we still use them often for Katie.

we sure have missed you here girlie ! I am so happy to hear that everything went well. Alexander is precious !!!!!

Congratulations Mama !!!!!!

February 16th, 2009, 02:01 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Patty it's so good to see you back online!! congrats mamá !!! He's absolutely precious - so darn cute (just as we knew he'd be) HUGE HUGS to you, i'm sorry you're still not feeling great and the hormones are taking their toll - hang in there, it'll get better. Thank you so much for coming to update us - we've all been dying to see pics of your young man!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 16th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
He's so beautiful Patty!! I have to ditto Dee on the gas drops. They were my salvation for a while. Also, looking at your diet is a good thing to do too (although I never really found anything that triggered Erin...but a good friend of mine can't eat chocolate or tomato sauce).

I cried and cried with Erin too, during her worst parts. She'd be screaming and I'd sit on the couch and just hold her and cry. Sleep during the day when he's sleeping, that's my best advice for that.

Anyway,

February 16th, 2009, 02:22 PM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
oh patty
it is sooooooooo good to see you back! ive really missed you sweetheart!
alexander is totally adorable hunny and what you have been feeling is TOTALLY normal! its the part im not looking forward to
just you remember we are here and we love you to bits!
congrats sweety, he is so cute!
xxx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
February 16th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Patty he is gorgeous!

I'm so glad to hear that he made it hear safe and sound...and like the ladies above...its completely normal to cry and feel totally overwhelmed...but it will get better and its all worth it in the end!!

Take care of yourself and little man and I'm looking forward to more updates!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
February 16th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad to hear from you Patty! And Alexander is sooooo cute!!

Sorry you are having a rough time, but it does get easier...just try to get your rest when he does and before you know it, you will be feeling better!

Stop by whenever you can--we miss you!

Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

February 16th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girls, I am watching what I'm eating, I haven't had any chocolate yet and it's killing me . We are sort of using the drops but we don't know how much to give him, so we do it twice a day. But them there are other times that we don't give it to him at all and he does just fine. Thank you all for saying that crying my eyes out is normal, i feel better about that. I'm trying to rest when he does, but everytime I think about I realize that there's something that needs to get done, the dishes, laundry, clean the house. I do have my mom and dh at home and for some reason neither of them seems to realize that I do need to rest sometime. Anyway, he is sleeping longer during the night about 3 hours so at least we are getting some sleep.
I forgot to mention that one of the thing that I love most about him, are his facial experssions, he will give us this little smiles with his eyes closed, he is just so cute

February 16th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Patty he is so adorable. I hope that the gas subsides soon and you can both get some sleep soon.

Congratulations!
February 16th, 2009, 06:59 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
Hi hon! He is absolutely adorable!!!!!

Don't worry about cleaning or dishes or laundry. Take care of yourself and your little boy. Everything else isn't important.

It is VERY normal to cry during this time. Sometimes I would hold Bailey and she'd be crying and I'd cry along with her. I felt so helpless. It just took us some time to get used to things.

If you are BF'ing and he is really gassy, the first thing the doctors will tell you is to write down what you eat and drink. They will be able to tell you which things could be the culprit. Alot of the time its dairy, but it can be a wide range of things. Something that also helps is if you lay him on his back and then "bicycle" his legs. This helps his tummy pass the gas bubbles further down the track and not in the painful part of his tummy.

Hang in there, the first few weeks are tough! (((hugs)))

February 16th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Pound's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
gah he's so cute!!!! i agree w. the others, it could be something you're eating (dairy? tomatoes?) that 's making him gassy. and of course it's normal to be sooooo tired right now! pretty soon tho you get used to not sleeping and then waking up every 2 hrs seems NORMAL to you lol. also it could be the baby blues, i felt like that after ethan. i wasn't depressed, just sort of sad and couldn't figure out why exactly. could also be lack of sleep lol. i think it's just ALL of it, don't worry too much about it. i know it's hard, but if you can, let the house stuff go. or ask dh to do it. i know i couldn't stand the house being a mess and i was doing too much, and evey time the bleeding stopped it would start again. i had to slow down.

hugs... but your little guy is so adorable!

February 16th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Absolutely adorable! What a beautiful little miracle! Congratulations! Take care. I hope you get some sleep It gets easier!

February 16th, 2009, 09:05 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
PATTY HE IS ADORABLE!!! So sweet!!! Im sorry your having the horrible hormones..honey IT WILL PASS. And the gas is common, I know it got me with Nathan, and it took alot to figure out, but that to WILL PASS!!!! Sleep when you can and as much as you can (know its hard). And remember you are DOING A GOOD JOB!!!
February 17th, 2009, 08:44 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
hey honey!! I've missed you sooooooo much! I'm glad all went well and he is so darn adorable. I hope the gas gets better. I also have the "baby blues" I had them after Haley, too. I actually went to the dr the other day and she gave me something to take for it. I would just cry all day for no reason and I couldn't function with that and no sleep. I hope it gets better for you soon! I'm here if you need anything. I love the pics.

February 17th, 2009, 09:05 AM
MamaTTx2's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh Patty, your little man is just precious! I believe that you are VERY correct in the connection that you made between the amount of sleep you get and the crying. It will only get better as you find more time to sleep (I know, usually easier said than done!).
Good luck with everything and cover that little man with kisses from all of us!!

Kaylee Rose (born April 13, 2009)
Ethan Lucas (5 yrs. old)
February 17th, 2009, 09:07 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
he is adorable! i am glad he is sleeping for few hours at a time at night, that will help you feel a little better.
i agree that the bicycling the legs can help and tummy-time used to help Thea too when she was gassy. you can use gas drops up to 12 times a day or after every feeding (they are not absorbed into baby's body so there is not a threat of harm to him). i could never tell if the gas drops actually helped Thea or not, but my best friend swore by them for her son.
as far as what you are eating, i have found that if i have too much dairy it bothers Thea so i try to be aware of that all the time. but there have been plenty of times where there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to her gas. another thing, her gas did get much better as she got a little older and her digestive system matured some more. i hope his gets better quickly too.
February 17th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwww, Patty, he is just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! The first few weeks are just rough, it's ok to struggle. Everything will fall into place as time passes. I hope you and he get to feeling better quickly!

February 17th, 2009, 12:46 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh Patty Alexander is just adorable!!! Let the dishes/laundry slide and get some sleep hun! I hope the gas gets better soon!!
February 17th, 2009, 04:33 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Patty!! Alexander is sooo darn cute!! I LOVE his smiley pic!!

I am sorry you are having a rough time. I haven't been there yet, but the girls all seem to have given you good advise. I hope you get some good rest soon, and I hope you get feeling better too.

Lots of and Congratulations Mamma!
February 17th, 2009, 07:01 PM
..Red..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh he's adorable. I'm so glad you posted them. And remember, I'm very close to you really and not working, so if you need anything let me know. I swear I'm not a crazy person!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search