So my appointment was almost a disaster...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
It started with my friend who was supposed to take Erin not being there when I went to drop Erin off. I had a feeling yesterday that I should call her and remind her or just touch base, but didn't. So Erin had to come with me, and I had NO toys or anything to entertain her. I stopped by a Walgreens on the way to the doctor's office and got her a box of 8 jumbo crayons and a Madagascar 2 coloring book. And a bag of goldfish crackers.

So we get to the office, and there's someone else having an NST already, so they hook me up to the portable one, which required me to lay on an exam table. Those things are SO uncomfortable! Erin had a total meltdown, too, so she was up on the table with me. There was hardly any room, and I finally got her into a fairly secure position where she was calm.

So then Patrick refused to cooperate with the stupid machine. He was either not moving, or when he DID move, it lost his heartbeat! I was on the thing for nearly an hour. My back hurt so bad by the time we sort of gave up.

But the good part of the morning was that they gave me new ultrasound pictures!

face

February 17th, 2009, 12:57 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
Oh bless your heart!!! I'm sorry you had to be on a hard exam table for an hour!!! You deserve a massage!!!!

I'm glad that you got u/s pics though!!! It won't be long until we get to see REAL pics of him!!

February 17th, 2009, 01:47 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I am sorry you were uncomfortable....and sorry poor Erin was upset

but just look at your little boy !!!! how precious !!!!

February 18th, 2009, 04:34 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sucks that your friend forgot!!

What did Erin think of the u/s though? Did she watch, or was she busy playing?

Sorry the NST was so uncomfortable for you, but I have to say that the face u/s is very cool!!
February 18th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You poor thing...I can't imagine what it would be like if I had to bring my boys to an appt...WOW...we have us an everyday Super Mom here ladies

Sorry the NST was so stressful...but glad for the u/s...look at that little man...we'll be seeing color photos before you know it!...(but hopefully not until AFTER Sunday!)

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
February 18th, 2009, 05:10 AM
*Pamela*
Aww Brittanie, I hope your back is feeling better now or as best as can be with you ready to pop now!!!!!

Love your new siggy, Erin is so adorable. What is it about little girls and pulling up their dresses or skirts??? Gabriella is only 3 months old and she is already pulling up her top or dress.....lol

You know I'll be stalking you girl. Is your sister going to be updating us here?
February 18th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
What did Erin think of the u/s though? Did she watch, or was she busy playing?[/b]
She was more concerned about what the tech was doing to my tummy than what was on the screen. After I finally got her to calm down, she fell asleep on my shoulder...right about when we were done and I had to get up. >_<

Quote:
Aww Brittanie, I hope your back is feeling better now or as best as can be with you ready to pop now!!!!!

Love your new siggy, Erin is so adorable. What is it about little girls and pulling up their dresses or skirts??? Gabriella is only 3 months old and she is already pulling up her top or dress.....lol

You know I'll be stalking you girl. Is your sister going to be updating us here?[/b]
Yeah, I actually got my back to pop, which helped a LOT. And Erin loves to show off her belly button...lol She pulls up my shirt to point out mine too. =p

And yes, my sister will be updating. My hospital doesn't have wifi unfortunately. She's really excited about being my updater again!

February 18th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about the appt but I'm glad to hear you got new pics and he's doing well. Hope you're doing better.

Thank you, Jessica/dettmer26, for my new siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search