Finally introducing myself

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2009, 07:48 AM
aBookasmommy
I dont know what Ive been waiting for..maybe myself to be fully ready to be able to come here and post. I do lurk here pretty often. But I think Im finally ready.

Im Nikki, 20 years old and expecting a baby (aka Beanie or more recently known as Thumper) at the end of August. The father and I arent together, although we are married and have been for almost 2 years. After I found out I was pregnant we kinda fell apart and now he has nothing to do with me or my pregnnacy. Yep hes an awesome father Anywhooo.. I was never really worried about ms to begin with it, its stillbirth that has me worried.

When I was 15 years old I got pregnant, and when I was 22 weeks along I lost my little girl. I named her Olivia Lily-Lucielle and although it was almost 5 years ago that I lost my little girl, not a day doesnt go by that I dont think about her. I miss her terribly and I am constantly thinking about how my life would be pregnant right now and with a 4 1/2 year old running around. I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason and that I wasnt ready for Olivia at the age of 15, 16 when she was born. But I am still scared now. Im worried Im still not ready and something will happen to my baby within. I just couldnt bear for that again..

Anyways so here I am.
February 18th, 2009, 09:19 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome to PAL. congratulations on your pregnancy (and your baby bump is so cute)!
so sorry about the loss of your daughter, that must have been extremely difficult at such a a young age.
February 18th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey girl, I never new this... I am so sorry for you loss .At any age it is never easy. I am glad that you were able to know the sex. I know what you are talking about. I have had three losses. The last one was last September at 20 weeks.I never stop worrying. Today I drove 45 mintues just so I could hear the heartbeat and make sure everything was ok.. I think after a loss pregnancy is never easy
February 18th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I am so glad you are ready to jump in with us I am so sorry for your loss Pregnancy after loss is so full of fears, we are all here to help you through them!!!
February 18th, 2009, 09:38 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
hi Nikki and welcome to the board

I am so sorry for your loss.....
I am glad you decided to join us here ! the ladies are wonderful ! Jump right on in with us !

congratulations !!!!!

February 18th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Hey Nikki! I agree with the other ladies that pregnancy after a loss is never easy. I have had a healthy baby since my Cora, and I'm still freaked out for this little boy. But I just made it past my loss point (yesterday. We induced Erin so I wouldn't go past, so this is the first time), so it CAN happen!

Honestly, if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here okay?

And CONGRATS on your pregnancy! I agree, your bump is really cute!

February 18th, 2009, 11:45 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I am sorry to hear of your little girl but glad that you decided to come out of lurkdom.
The ladies here are VERY supportive and wonderful.
We all understand the stresses of a Pregnancy after Loss.

Can't wait to get to know you better.

February 18th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I sorry about Olivia. I'm happy you are doing good and beanie is doing good. You are going to be an awesome mom.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

February 18th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Nikki!!

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your little girl...as if being such a young mom wasn't hard enough...

But luckily we have a GREAT group of women here at PAL that understand every cramp, qualm, and worry that you may experience...

Feel free to jump right on in and enjoy the fun!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
February 18th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Losses are never easy, but I am sure it was so much more difficult at a younger age.

I am glad you decided to come out of lurkdom and start posting! This is a great group of supportive women and I look forward to getting to know you!
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

February 18th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nikki...Im sorry you had to go through a loss...but Im sure glad you came here! I saw all your cute belly pics!!! Just love them! What a character you are...so much energy...Can I borrow some of it? LOL

Im a single preggo mommy too...it's rough and tough but there's something about growing a baby and giving birth to life that makes us strong enough to get through it! Kudos to you!!!

And CONGRATS on your pregnancy!!!!
February 19th, 2009, 04:33 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Nikki! Congrats on your pg. I very sorry to hear about your loss of Olivia. I can't imagine being so young and having to deal with something so devastating. Huggs to you.

We are all here for all of you worries and triumphs, so, I'm glad you came out of lurkdum and decided to join us. these ladies are fabulous, and extremely supportive.

February 19th, 2009, 06:40 AM
aBookasmommy
Thank you sooo much everyone for such a warm welcome, I really look forward to getting know yall through the rest of my pregnancy
February 19th, 2009, 08:45 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*waves* Hiya!

I'm so sorry for the loss you had, but glad to see you over here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search