Ok drs appt-still nervous

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2009, 04:04 PM
huckleberry312's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday I had my 16 week appt. The dr went to listen for the HB with the doppler and couldn't find it. Of course I was scared to death. After about 15 minutes he finally found it. The baby is way down in my pelvis. He said it was hiding. I was so scared of not finding it. Does that fear ever go away? I know it's early, but I have yet to buy anything or get excited about the pregnancy. He booked my big ultrasound. It is March 17th. That is the due date of the baby I lost. We also talked about an induction at 37-38 weeks so that I don't have to travel 36 weeks pregnant. All in all it was a good appt., just nerve wracking. I can't wait until I feel this little on e move. That will be a relief. Doc did say I have an anterior placenta at 12 weeks so it will be longer to feel movements. Hubby leaves tomorrow for Japan for 6 weeks so I will be able to get on a little more. I know I have been MIA for the past few weeks.....sorry. It will be good to be back!

Randie

February 18th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you got to hear that wonderful hb! Your U/S will be here before we know it!

As far as the fear going away...the first appt that I wasn't scared to go to was after I had been feeling him move for a couple weeks. Now, I actually look forward to going and hearing his hb!!

Glad you'll get to be on a little more!
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

February 18th, 2009, 08:25 PM
jenn27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Yesterday I had my 16 week appt. The dr went to listen for the HB with the doppler and couldn't find it. Of course I was scared to death. After about 15 minutes he finally found it. The baby is way down in my pelvis. He said it was hiding. I was so scared of not finding it. Does that fear ever go away? I know it's early, but I have yet to buy anything or get excited about the pregnancy. He booked my big ultrasound. It is March 17th. That is the due date of the baby I lost. We also talked about an induction at 37-38 weeks so that I don't have to travel 36 weeks pregnant. All in all it was a good appt., just nerve wracking. I can't wait until I feel this little on e move. That will be a relief. Doc did say I have an anterior placenta at 12 weeks so it will be longer to feel movements. Hubby leaves tomorrow for Japan for 6 weeks so I will be able to get on a little more. I know I have been MIA for the past few weeks.....sorry. It will be good to be back![/b]
I definately know how you feel as we all do. I hope it gets easier for you and that you can begin to get excited and enjoy the pregnancy. I have an anterior placenta as well and I am now 17 weeks. I had an appt at 14 weeks and the dr couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler either. They ended up having to do an ultrasound. I did some research and not only does any anterior placenta make it longer to feel the baby move, but i have also read that it can make it harder to find the heartbeat with the doppler. Anyway. I'm glad that you appt went well over all and I can't wait till your big ultrasound. It will be here before you know it.

February 18th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you heard the hb! I know how worrisome it is when they can't find it. Ugh. I don't think that fear ever goes away, honestly. Hang in there!!!

Thank you, Jessica/dettmer26, for my new siggy!

February 19th, 2009, 04:40 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It can be sooo frightening to have the Dr, not be able to hear the h/b with the doppler right away. I had that happened to me twice and each time I had bad flash backs to my loss. It's terrible!! I'm soo sorry you had to go through that!

BUT, YAY!!! that they did find the heartbeat!! You big u/s will be here before you know it! Are you going to find out the sex??
February 19th, 2009, 06:43 AM
aBookasmommy
Glad everything went well. I know that fear of not finding a hb is always there for me just before an ultrasound or any of my appts. Its so overwhelming I can not imagine it taken 15 minutes to find the hb! Little one is already playing tricks on you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search