How soon did you get pregnant after your loss?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: How soon did you get pregnant after your loss?
immediately, no AF after loss 4 12.90%
one to two months 7 22.58%
three to four months 5 16.13%
five to six months 5 16.13%
six to twelve months 4 12.90%
one year or more 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2009, 06:22 PM
littlebeansmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry to just drop in on you girls, but I recently suffered a loss and was curious about how things go with trying to get pregnant again. My doc said to wait 3 months, but DH and I are interested in trying right away. I'm just trying to figure out how long it might take us to get pregnant again.

I guess I should add that I found out my baby would be stillborn at 28 weeks and he was delivered about 4 weeks ago. I have yet to have a pp AF.

Thanks
DS #1:

My precious angel DS#2:

My rainbow DS#3:

My Princess #4:
February 21st, 2009, 08:19 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I guess a good question would be how far along were you when you lost him?

I was 38 weeks when I lost Cora, so hers was a full term delivery. I got pregnant again 5 months later. My doctor told me that I MUST wait 3 months, and he really wanted me to wait 6. But I had been extremely ill for my entire pregnancy and he wanted my body to recover some of its own needed nutrients, etc, before I got pregnant again. We ended up waiting 4 cycles to TTC and our first cycle was unsuccessful.

But really, it depends on whether you feel ready or not. Good luck deciding! I'm so sorry that your baby boy isn't with you right now.

February 21st, 2009, 09:42 PM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
I got pregnant five months after my loss.

I'm sorry about your loss.

Every woman's body is different though. It might take you less or more time.

February 21st, 2009, 10:40 PM
aBookasmommy
Im so sorry to hear about your loss

I lost my daughter when I was young, 16 years old so I was not trying. Four+ years later..We were not trying to get pregnant either we were NTNP for 5 months and I got pregnant. I think it all depends on when your ready.
February 22nd, 2009, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for you loss.....

My first miscarriage we did not try after since the pregnancy was a surprise
Second miscarriage was with my second husband I was around 11 weeks. This was a natural miscarriage . We started right away. I got pregnant right away. I never got a preiod after my miscarriage.
My last miscarriage was last September I was 20 weeks. I had a d&E ,we waited one full cycle and it tool us 2 months.....
February 22nd, 2009, 07:54 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got pg right after our second loss with Benjamin. I had a full cycle and everything looked normal on my chart so we went ahead and tried.
February 22nd, 2009, 10:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. I had 3 losses in a 9 month span in 2006 before I had our DD.

After my 1st loss I got pg during my 4th cycle after (months later).
After my 2d loss I got pg 3 weeks after (no af) but we weren't TTC'ing, we were away on vacation in the carribean and I came back pg.
After my 3rd loss I got pg 4 months after and had my DD.
This time I wasn't even TTC'ing. I was still nursing and found out I was pg. I haven't seen AF since Nov 06.
February 22nd, 2009, 04:07 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your loss.

It took us just a smidge over a year to get pregnant again. But judging from TTCAL, I was the exception, rather than the rule. It took medical help with us, so there was something else going on in our case.

February 22nd, 2009, 11:14 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Im sorry sweetheart for your loss. Many prayers for you. It was three years for me. We were not trying nor preventing. Good luck, I pray that God blesses oyu with another baby very soon.
February 23rd, 2009, 05:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your baby boy. I lost my first at 27 weeks. I didn't want to wait to ttc but my dr. said to wait long enough to get the test results back. Turns out I have blood clotting disorders. Once we found out the solution was blood thinners then we could start ttc again, we did, but I didn't fall pregnant until almost 1 full year after her birth. Its perfectly normal to want to ttc right away. I was talking about ttc before we even left the hospital after giving birth. For me it was hard to wait, but looking back I am glad I did. You will know what is right for you and your dh.

February 23rd, 2009, 06:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
First loss: we waited a cycle and tried again. Got pg immediately but lost it at 7w
Second loss: we were told to wait until we saw the RE and it took us 3 months to get the appt and then 2 months to finish the testing. We got pg that next cycle.

The RE did tell us to wait at least 2 cycles between miscarriages especially if it's natural since there is a chance not all the tissue is gone and it takes a few cycles to make sure it's gone.

February 23rd, 2009, 07:46 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so very sorry for your loss!

My losses were all differently spaced. 1st and 2nd were both accidents while I was on bcp and over a year apart. 10 months after my second loss, after changing bcp yet again, I was blessed to get pregnant w/ my ds. (darn birth control pills didn't work for me obviously)

7 years of only semi-preventing later..... I had my 3rd loss after 4 months of actively ttc. Right after that, we accidently got pregnant right away w/ no AF between. This became my 4th loss though. Finally after some testing, like Rhonda, we found I had a clotting disorder. It took 2 months of ttc after that, and we got pg w/ our daughter.

So as was earlier said, it varies for everyone. All my losses were early though, and while I was told that 3 months is the standard that doctors tell women, it's not always needed. However, in the case of a loss in the 2nd and especially 3rd tri, the point of waiting is to let your body (as well as your mind) recover and heal. I don't say heart, because that never heals after a loss; but it's important to let the rest of you attempt to recover.

I hope you get your sticky bean soon!

February 23rd, 2009, 10:00 AM
soon to be mommy of four!
9 days later!!!
I had a mc at 6 weeks, right before Xmas, naturally bled, then to my surprise was pregnant again immediately.
I kept taking tests and thought they were positive from my previous loss. Hcg confrimed a new pregnancy.
I am now almost 10 weeks.
son, born Oct. 2, 2009
and expecting baby #4: 10/10/2011!!

one angel baby

Make a pregnancy ticker

February 23rd, 2009, 10:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss ((HUGE HUGS))

mine was 6 months after my loss. My dr. said it was important to wait so that the uterus can fully heal, and the spot where the placenta was takes time to heal, if the placenta attaches in the same spot as before and its not fully healed it can cause problems with attachment, etc..... He said to wait atleast 3 months, so we waited longer because I was to scared to get pregnancy and miscarry because i got prego to soon. exactly 6 months after we lost our baby we got our BFP.
February 23rd, 2009, 02:55 PM
soon to be mommy of four!
It totally depends when you lost your baby. I lost mine so early (barely 6 weeks), so my body naturally cleaned everything out and ovulated again 9 days later. There was no placenta at that point.

SO SO sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine the pain of that so late in the pregnancy. I hope you conceive again quickly and have a healthy 9 months.
son, born Oct. 2, 2009
and expecting baby #4: 10/10/2011!!

one angel baby

Make a pregnancy ticker

February 24th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. Mine were early losses so we started TTC after my first AF, except the one before DS#1 we waited 5 months.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search