Really Upset.......

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2009, 05:30 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a memory box that the hospital gave me when Isaac and Avery were born. I have all sorts of things in the box. I have an outfit that I first put on Isaac in after his bath, thier u/s pics, my first BFP, A peice of the ribbon from thier casket flowers, a rubbing stone identical to one that is in thier casket with them, thier hand and foot prints, ext. That box means more to me than anything. It is all that I have of our boys.

I have kept it in our living room along with a teddy bear that my sister gave me for them. I just wasn't ready to put it away. I like knowing where the box is, and I like to seeing it everyday.

Well, today DH came home for lunch, and our dogs had gotten the box out and chewed on it. I haven't stopped crying since I got home and Travis showed me the box. Luckily they only chewed the box itself. Nothing inside the box was chewed on. It just pisses me off, and more than anything makes me sad to have the box and the stuff inside messed with. I mean, they could have chewed on anything else, and I might have been upset for a minute or so, but - There is no replacing those items.......

Now I have to put the box up and away in our bedroom so that it doesn't happen again, and that sucks. I'm not ready to put it away. I'm not sure if I am even mad right now....I just feel ........deflated......

February 23rd, 2009, 05:38 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh honey, that just makes me want to cry!! I totally get how you feel. The memory box I got for Cora isn't anything especially pretty or anything, but I haven't replaced it because it's her box...kwim? I'd be devastated.

I'm SO GLAD that the things inside weren't chewed on...but it makes me so sad about the box! Is there someplace up higher you can put it so the dogs can't get it?

I remember how I felt when I had to put Cora's things away because Erin could reach them, and I didn't want her breaking anything. I hope you can find something that makes you feel better about it.

again.

February 23rd, 2009, 06:23 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Im sorry sweety, I can really see how that would be hard to deal with. I sure hope you can find a higher place like Britt suggest. I have the same thing, the box was one I picked out for him while I was still pregnant, a memory box. And well its very special and would hurt me as well..Im SO SO glad the things inside are safe and okay, because those are the most most important. We are here for you honey
February 23rd, 2009, 06:58 PM
LadyLacy's Avatar Super Mommy
I"m so sorry

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
February 23rd, 2009, 07:16 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Sam! How frustrating!!!! I'm sorry!

February 23rd, 2009, 07:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs to you! I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

Thank you, Jessica/dettmer26, for my new siggy!

February 23rd, 2009, 08:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry sweety I imagine I would feel the same way
February 24th, 2009, 04:09 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry There are no words to make you feel better, but I got a lump in my throat for you. I am so sorry.
February 24th, 2009, 09:21 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Oh Sam, I'm so sorry they chewed the box. I'm glad they didn't hurt anything inside of it though. I hope you can find a place to put it that you will still see everyday.

February 24th, 2009, 09:47 AM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
I'm so sorry! I would be very upset too!! I'm glad to hear that the contents of the box were unharmed.

February 24th, 2009, 10:06 AM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry!!!!
February 24th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh sam I'm sorry to hear that the pups did that

Like Britt said...is there some place up higher you could maybe put it? Like get a special shelving unit made or something?

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
February 24th, 2009, 04:34 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Is there someplace up higher you can put it so the dogs can't get it?[/b]
There really isn't a good place in the living room, but I did find a nice HIGH spot in our bedroom last night. It's going to sit on top of DH's dresser, and I can see it everyday when I wake-up and when I go to sleep.

The boy's box had sat in the same place since about mid-may last year, and it was never once touched by our dogs- I don't know why they got into it yesterday.......but, it's hard to blame them, they didn't know that the box was special, and I did leave it where they had access to it. BUT - yesterday they were lucky I was not the one to find them chewing on it. I'm pretty sure I would have scooted them out our door and not let them back in!! (but they probably would have just sat on the porch anyway! )

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search