Update on me & Camryn

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2009, 02:02 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
First - thank you Danielle for posting about me, I'll have to remind my DDB to keep you guy posted.

I started having ctx at 3am this morning, did the way/lay down thing and it didn't work.

So...we went to L&D. Get settled and sure enough the ctx are the real ones. They hooked me up to an IV with fluids and gave me Viserol (sp?) to stop the ctx and the 1st steriod shot.

The nursed check me (OUCH, OUCH OUCH) and I'm 50% effaced, -3 station, and 1cm dialted. She has checked me twice more and there has been no change.

They will most likely keep me overnight just to watch me, If my ctx get worse or my cervix changes, they will give me magnessium sulfate (ick).

Thx for all the T&Ps, keep 'em coming!!!

February 26th, 2009, 02:15 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the update. I'll keep you and Camryn in my T&P. Just need to convince her to stay put for a few more weeks!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
February 26th, 2009, 03:56 PM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
thanks for updating us hun
im praying for you both
xxx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
February 26th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Becky --- no problemo I like to lurk on some of our members when it starts to get close to there EDDs

I'm definately praying for you guys and for there being NO progress so far!!

Stay put Miss Camryn!!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
February 26th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks ladies! I can tell the meds affected my brain - good heavens there were alot of typos in my original post!!

I am SO thankful for WiFi!! Steve went home to take care of Bailey so my mom could go home. Now its just the TV and my computer in my room to entertain me.

The most recent update is: the doctor came and talked to me. She is keeping me overnight just to make sure that the IV fluids aren't the reason that the ctx are improving. So...they stopped the IV drip. If the ctx stay away with just the Visterol (sp?) alone, they will give me the 2nd steroid shot for Camyrn's lungs tomorrow morning and then send me home.

Again, I appreciate everyone's T&Ps - they are working!!

February 26th, 2009, 08:46 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Im so glad they are keeping you at least for the night, and givin the steriod shots..although I am sure everything is going to be fine! Bake baby bake! Many prayers for you sweetheart
February 27th, 2009, 08:09 AM
We get to go home!!!!

I got the 2nd shot of steroids for Camryn's lungs...this nurse was NOT gentle like the first (OUCH!)

They monitored Camryn for 30 minutes and everything looks good.

They are going to give me a prescription of the Vistaril, which will help keep my uterus in a non-aggitated state. She wants me to slowly return to regular activity and see how it goes. So hopefully things will go ok over the weekend and I can go back to my normal routine, just at an easier pace.

She said that they want me to get to 35 weeks at least, if this happens again after 35 weeks, they will let me go into labor.

So...Camryn could be here in mid-March...or should be like Bailey and decide to stay inside for the long haul.

February 27th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY!!

Good girl Camryn!! NO more heartattacks for your JM aunties!!

Keep us posted Becky!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
February 27th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I'm so glad you and Camryn are all right!! Wow, deja vu!! This sounds exactly like what happened to me back in December. I hope Camryn stays baking longer for you!!!!

February 27th, 2009, 08:52 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so glad baby is staying put for now!
i had the same issues beginning at 29 weeks & Thea wasn't born until 38 weeks - hope Camryn does the same and stays put for a few more weeks. (my second steroid shot was worse than the 1st too for some reason - i think i tensed up)
February 27th, 2009, 02:27 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad all is well and you are able to go home....I hope Camryn bakes for as long as she needs to.

February 27th, 2009, 04:34 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad everything is alright and hope Camryn gets nice and comfy for a longer stay!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search