Paranoia got the best of me...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2009, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
I have been really anxious and nervous since I got to the second tri because I feel better but don't feel anything yet but I was really trying to be good and not call my OB...until yesterday when I started cramping. I haven't really cramped since around 6-8 wks and if I do it usually goes away fairly quickly after resting and drinking a lot of water. Well I cramped all day yesterday and all night last night and still some today. So I called and I have an appt for 130. I am sure it is fine and my uterus is just really stretching this week but I am really paranoid. I also know my BP fluctuates when I am stressed and it is already on the high side so even though I have my 16 wk appt next week I think I need some reassurance before then. I also have been leaking (TMI) urine so they want to do a UA. I am sure it is just from my bladder being squished but I am not complaining about getting it checked just in case. I really tried to go the whole 4 weeks (that seems like forever!!) between appts without freaking out but I just couldn't do it any more.
March 2nd, 2009, 07:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am just like you. I just had my appointment last Monday and I already want to go back and make sure everything is ok. I have felt less movement and just want to make sure everything is ok. This month is going to be really hard. Mu next ultrasound and appointment is on the day I lost my last pregnancy. So This month is going to be very nerve racking.... I think that patient that have had a loss should go every two weeks. Not that we need it,but just to reasure us that everthing is ok.. So you are not alone in feeling this way
March 2nd, 2009, 08:09 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I completely understand! I only was able to go for a 4 wk period once in my entire pregnancy. Hopefully your doctor is as kind and understanding as mine was, and is perfectly fine with you coming in when you need the reassurance. I hope everything is Ok with the cramping, and that you dodn't have a UTI!! I'll be keeping an eye out for your update this afternoon, KUP, K. PAL is HARD!!!!

March 2nd, 2009, 10:53 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally understand. If I didn't rent a doppler I probably would have had the office on speed dial!

My doc was great and said I could call anytime and come in for a HB check if I needed it. I never had to call, but it was nice to know dr's DO understand our fears sometimes.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

March 2nd, 2009, 10:58 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
My old doctor was like Bobbie's: I could call any time I needed it, and did take them up on it a couple times when I was pregnant with Erin. I'm glad your Dr got you in today! I really hope you don't have a uti >_< Good luck!

March 2nd, 2009, 01:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
I just got home and everything is fine. I feel sooo much better. Baby's HB was 150 and strong. She found the HB on the doppler right away...this was the first time I have heard it on the doppler. Urine and vag swab were both clean and my cervix is nice and closed. I told her how my cramping got better after a big BM and she just laughed at me! I am still tender in that area but I guess it is normal. I just kept saying...I don't know what is normal, I have never done this before! She is great though, she never makes me feel stupid for worrying so much. She actually was glad I came in before my appt next week because she forgot to give me the glucola drink last time I was there. She wants me to do it early at 16 w because of my high risk so I will do it next week before my regular appt. Oh and the best part was my blood pressure!! It has been running high this past year or so and we were keeping an eye on it while I am pg. Last appt at 11w it was 138/90...today it was 115/75!!!!!!!! I was shocked! So all in all it was a great "extra" appt and I am so glad I went for the peace of mind at least. Thanks for all the support girls!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search