my first appt

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2009, 01:30 PM
LadyLacy's Avatar Super Mommy
well I kept myself busy got my mil coming over to celebrate her bday tomorrow. then it was school and my appt. so she did the peliminary prenatal stuff. checked the belly, breasts, and did the pap. went over my history. checked the symptoms. she thought I could only be 4 wks and I was like that would be impossible. so she's thinking maybe 7 now. I went and had the initial bloodwork done and she's also checking my levels. and I guess I am getting a u/s sooner than I thought. she is having them check for sizing and dating. I told her I didn't have an af, and just tested + on hpt about the time I thought af was due. so friday @ 2pm I go to see whats in there.

the whole time I was there, I kept thinking she'd tell me I wasn't pg. now I'm stewing over the bloodwork b/c they are ch ecking the hcg levels. and if thats not enough, I'm paranoid about friday. so far, no spotting from the pap which is a relief but then I worry am I cramping or is it just gas in the intestines. ugh this just isn't fun.

I don't think she believes I could be pg so quick. the nurse was like, we're trying this again LOL.

thats about it I guess. if all goes well, I'll see her in 4 wks.

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
March 3rd, 2009, 06:07 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Well Im sure that scan is going make you feel better..make you feel more relaxed and sure about things..I cant wait for an update, and baby pics!!
March 4th, 2009, 04:37 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the appt and the confirmation of pg! Friday will be here before you know it!! And Ditto to Jen - Can't wait to see pics!
March 4th, 2009, 05:20 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean about that first ultrasound. I was so afraid they would tell me there was nothing in there. I kept asking DH if he could just go to the appt by himself, I didn't want to hear any bad news, unfortunately you actually have to be there for an ultrasound
Please just try to stay positive and KUP after your appt on Friday.

March 4th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
You are right PAL isn't fun...it is scary and you will question every teeny tiny symptom (or lack thereof). I cramped a lot until about 8w and actually it has come back this week but all seems to be ok. Good luck Friday and I am sure it will reassure you that everything is fine!
March 5th, 2009, 07:57 PM
LadyLacy's Avatar Super Mommy
lol Katie, I wish dh could go for me too! I've been drinking a lot of water and that seems to have helped things. I don't know if it was gassyness or maybe dehdryation.

thank you all for the encouragement, it helps. only 15 or so more hours and I should know more. I'll be lucky to get a picture of this u/s b/c the hospital Im having it done at doesn't do many or didn't last pg and I have to remember to ask otherwise I won't get any!

maybe I should focus on remembering to get a picture and not my fears or I'll try anyway

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
March 6th, 2009, 07:50 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
good idea to focus on getting a pic of that beautiful bean.
and keep remembering to drink that water. i had some problems during my pregnancy and i ended up having to drink ridiculous amounts of water to stay hydrated enough, but it helped a lot.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search