progesterone levels

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Hi,
I am expecting a baby in November. I just had a miscarriage last December. I had another miscarriage 4 years ago, before getting pregnant w/ my 2 children. W/ my last miscarriage my progesterone was 16 this time it is in the 20's but had a slight drop. Do any of you have experience w/ this? here are my levels:
last Friday hcg: 112 and progesterone 20.5 {at 3 weeks 5 days)
this Monday hcg: 461 and progesterone 23.9 (at 4 weeks 1 day)
this Wed. hcg 1598 and progesterone 23.5 (at 4 weeks 3 days)

thank you.
March 6th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Progesterone in Pregnancy When Normal Values What Level Means Mid-Luteal Phase 5+ ng/ml As mentioned above, a level of 5 indicates some kind of ovulatory activity, though most doctors want to see a level over 10 on unmedicated cycles, and over 15 with medications. There is no mid-luteal level that predicts pregnancy. First Trimester 10-90 ng/ml Average is about 20 at 4 weeks LMP, and 40 at 14 weeks LMP. It is important to note that while a higher progesterone level corresponds with higher pregnancy success rates, one cannot fully predict outcome based on progesterone levels. Progesterone supplementation is unlikely to help if started after a positive pregnancy test.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

March 6th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My doctor wanted my progesterone to be above 15 (I think...or somewhere around there-lol) Anyways, I know your numbers would have made him happy!

Congrats on the good #!!
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

March 6th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Thank you. I am just so nervous I will go back to retest in two weeks and the number will have dropped. Thanks for the replies though, every little bit of reassurance helps.
March 6th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know how easy it is to worry. I worried for a few weeks because my Dr said my levels were high enough that I didn't need extra progesterone.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

March 6th, 2009, 10:18 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My progesterone levels were a bit of a worry at the beginning of this pregnancy. They went up and down and even got down to 13 at one point (mine were never as high as yours). I never went on supplements and everything turned out okay. So, even if it does go down a bit, don't panic too much...it doesn't mean its all over. Good luck!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
March 7th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think your levels sound great . When I was 4 weeks they tested mine and they were 18 and they said that was fine. I would not worry unless the fall below 15 I think it is !!
March 10th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Hi,
I'm still in limbo here...they retested today at 5 weeks 3 days and the hcg is 16,893 and the progesterone dropped to 18.9. I am confused on how the hcg shot up so much in a week and that the progesterone is dropping. Any insight? They are going to do an ultrasound tomorrow, but I am besides myself after just having a d&c in December.

Any info will be so very appreciated.
thanks

Last edited by Kerri3; March 11th, 2009 at 05:33 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search