for those who have carried full term before

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2006, 12:01 PM
hustons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hustons Send a message via Yahoo to hustons
Hi Ladies.

I miscarried in the first week of January. I know that I would tell people that I really wasn't feeling any type of pregnancy symptoms. My bbs would hurts every now and then and that was about it. No sleepiness, no sickness, not really any hunger pains. I was just wondering if the lack of symptoms should've been more of a signal to me that I was miscarrying. Someone on teh JM board told me that she was worrying about me when I was saying that I was 7 weeks and not feeling any symptoms (even though we had seen a HB). Ayway, I guess what I want to know is for those of you who have carried full term, how soon did you experience regular pregnancy symptoms: morning sickness, hunger, soreness, sleepiness etc....Do you think the sooner you feel the symptoms, the better off you are??

thanks ladies.

"In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero" ......Martina McBride
February 5th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm wondering the same thing! I had a m/c shortly after you and now I'm thinking when I get pregnant again, I'm going to freak if I don't have symptoms b/c when I had my m/c I had ZERO morning sickness. Lots of people here I'm sure will say it doesn't mean anything if you have no symptoms, but all the same.. I'd rather have them. I had sore bbs and slight fatigue last time, oh and frequent urination, but no m/s at all.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
February 5th, 2006, 02:28 PM
hopin4a4rth
Some people don't get m/s at all. Or any signs really & they go on to carry to full term.

For me ~ w/ my boys I noticed subtle things... light nausea, sore/tender nipples at about 6 weeks or so. But w/ my daughter and this pregnancy I was sick from about 4-6 DPO. My breasts got huge & very tender, etc. I guess it just depends on the person & the pregnancy.
February 5th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Veteran
For me, the thing that tipped me off that I could be pregnant is that my breasts were tender and swollen(like during a period) except I hadn't started bleeding yet.

That was basically the only symtom I had initiially and that was about 6-7 weeks. It took a couple more weeks before my morning sickness set in, but then it lasted longer than normal also. I got extremely tired, but not initially.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, some ppl go thru pregnancy without any uncomfortable symptoms! I really didnt' notice much of anything for a the first several weeks. Good luck!
February 6th, 2006, 06:51 AM
hustons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hustons Send a message via Yahoo to hustons
Quote:
I'm wondering the same thing! I had a m/c shortly after you and now I'm thinking when I get pregnant again, I'm going to freak if I don't have symptoms b/c when I had my m/c I had ZERO morning sickness. Lots of people here I'm sure will say it doesn't mean anything if you have no symptoms, but all the same.. I'd rather have them. I had sore bbs and slight fatigue last time, oh and frequent urination, but no m/s at all.[/b]

Hi "HopeToBeAMom" - I posted this same question on several boards: TTC, TTC after miscarriage, and this one. Feel free to read the replies from other boards. They all have great thoughts Makes me feel a little better anyway!

"In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero" ......Martina McBride
February 6th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Super Mommy
Nope- fortunately, symptoms aren't an indicator of much other than the way your body, individually, responds to hCG & progesterone.

I've had 2 miscarriages and this is my first pregnancy to term (baby isn't here yet, although I'll take ANY labor vibes you ladies wanna share!!). I never had m/s with any of my pregnancies, but neither did my mom, or the other women in my family, so it didn't surprise me. And although some people would consider me lucky, when you've got no prior history other than pregnancy loss, symptoms are something you WANT and will GLADLY take (not that people who haven't been there will ever understand that). But I had NO symptoms this pregnancy- no kidding. Until my belly got huge and baby was beating me up regularly, I'd never have known I was pregnant if I didn't "know," KWIM??

So one thing to watch out for...those people who will tell you that m/s or other symptoms are a "better" sign, because they have relatively no connection to a viable vs. non-viable pregnancy...it's just an individual reaction.
Waiting for #2!
</div>
February 6th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry about your m/c. It's a terrible thing to have to go through.

My two previous m/c I had no symptoms that I can remember. One m/c happened and I had no clue that I was pregnant (I have PCOS and hypothyroidism.....I didn't have regular periods) until a visit to the dr told me that I just had a m/c. The other m/c was heartbreaking as I was about 16wks along (even then I had very little symptoms).

My two dd's were so long ago that it's hard to remember (lol....16 and 17) but I think I had normal pregnancy symptoms then. I was really sick with my first, tender boobs, all that. With my second...well, that was just a wonderful, breezy pregnancy with hardly any symptoms at all.

This pregnancy I have had virtually no morning sickness. It's the fatigue and the weight gain (well, not really weight gain...more like tummy getting big and pants couldn't fit) that gets me. And my boobs are so sore and sensitive (but that didn't start happening until after I knew I was preggo). I probably wouldn't have known I was pregnant except for the fact that I took a pregnancy test to "jump start my period" as I always do....this was a total surprise (my dr told me that I probably wasn't going to have any more children....surprise surprise, I fooled him!). I was almost two months late (not unusal for me because of the PCOS).

I guess my point is that it's different for each woman....and for each child. None of my pregnancies were the same and neither were my symptoms. Try not to look back on it and look for signs (I've done that for years...I would think...if I only did this, or if I only did that...). Some things are not meant to be at this time and I pray that you get rewarded for your patience (like me).

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search