final update 48, any hope? empty sack @ 7 + wks?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2009, 06:43 PM
LadyLacy's Avatar Super Mommy
the doc told me that they didn't see the fetus today. all the saw was the sack and the placenta. she is thinking either my dates have to be off (which can't be by much b/c eitherwise its not possible) or a blighted ovum. she's talking dnc. I had a second beta today and go in on sunday to get the 3rd. then a repeat u/s in 7-10 days will be scheduled next week and we'll see where we are at.

I did find out that my first hcg was over 45, 000 consistant with 8-12wks along.

I feel like I'm in limbo, I'm pregnant but sounds like viability chances aren't good at all.

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]

Last edited by LadyLacy; March 19th, 2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: 4clarity
March 6th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I don't know what to tell you, honey, except that I'm praying for you and your bean!

March 7th, 2009, 12:49 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There is a lady in the september DDC who had a similar problem hun, I will go and see if I can find her posts. Baby is fine now though - I hope everything is ok with your baby x

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
March 7th, 2009, 01:08 AM
I cant find her posts But I do remember that when she went for her 1st u/s she was meant to be around 6.5 weeks but only measured 4 weeks. But when she went back 2 and a half weeks later, baby was there with a heartbeat and measured 8 weeks.

I hope everything turns out ok hun, I will keep you in my thoughts xxx

March 7th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have not had that problem ,but I do wish you and your bean the best. Your dates might just be off a bit ...
March 7th, 2009, 08:42 AM
thank you all, i;m trying to remain positive. I'm hoping I have good #s next week from the hcg draws. and of course to see a baby at the next u/s.

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
March 7th, 2009, 11:55 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be hoping and praying that your bean is OK.
March 8th, 2009, 09:26 PM
thank you!

next beta # 50,773 so they are going up. I might see if the lab has todays # tomorrow while i'm in town. other than that, all Ic an do is what and see what the doc makes of all the labwork and the actual u/s paperwork. and do the repeat u/s when they get it scheduled. I should be about 8 wks now and be about 9 when they do the rechecck. I'm praying baby will be big enough to see then. and not the possible blighted ovum.

March 9th, 2009, 12:53 AM
I am pleased to hear the beta numbers are increasing hun!

March 9th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Kate, you are right about the girl from the DDC. She was measuring a lot smalller with the first u/s and she knew that wasn't possible but then when she went back for the 2nd she was right on time. I know I have been MIA from the DDC on/off but she is on my board I host and also someone I talk/text with outside of JM.

I had ALMOST a similar situation. At 5 weeks they saw nothing, then a week later saw baby iin there just fine with a strong heartbeat. I had the same u/s tech both times and they said the radiologist wasn't holding out much hope foor me.

March 9th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Regular
Sounds good. I will be thinking about you and your sticky bean. Let us know when you get other u/s!
March 11th, 2009, 06:47 PM
thank you all. I've read about that happening and them not being able to see the baby sometimes due to a tilted uterus , slow grower or whatever til sometimes 8-9 wks or up to 12 wks.

my #s at almost 8 wks the last hcg drawl dipped some, I don't know if but it seems a bit early for that. sunday's draw was 48,899. I haven't heard backa bout anyhthing so I don't have the follow up u/s scheduled yet or know what the doc thinks about any of the bloodwork.

I don't have any of the symptoms really that i had w/jan's m/c. though I know it can start anytime w/o warning. I still have pg symptoms. I don't know what to think. I'll update when I have more news. the u/s wouldn't be scheduled til next week anyway. and the more time a baby would have to grow and be seen, the better. I don't think they give me much hope either. none of htem could believe I got pg so quick after an u/s. I think I had 3 comments that week saying as much. my dates can't be off too much. b/c we only made it possible the one time. so w/a 5 day leeway for ovulation and the 5 day give or take for the u/s I guess it could be off some b/c of that.

the waiting is just hard.

March 11th, 2009, 06:52 PM
sorry computer issues

Last edited by LadyLacy; March 12th, 2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: double posted
March 11th, 2009, 06:52 PM
sorry I was having computer problems

Last edited by LadyLacy; March 12th, 2009 at 09:23 AM. Reason: double posting
March 12th, 2009, 10:32 AM
well the doctor called me back. she said my #s didn't double. and even dipped which I already knew. she asked me if I was bleeding and I'm not. she asked me when I was to see her next, I told her the 31st and she said not to wait that long ot see her early next week to discuss things and to get that follow up u/s scheduled.

I'm supposing she'll wnat ot do the u.s and if no change, want to do a dnc. but from what I've been reading I dK if I want to do that or wait to m/c on my own.

March 12th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. It just breaks my heart. But I think it would be good to discuss ALL your options with your doctor.

Also, on the pregnancy loss forum, there's a subforum of mc/pregnancy loss experiences. You can read through the natural m/c and D&C experiences to help you decide what is best for you.

March 12th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. Do what's best for your health. I will be thinking of you.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

March 12th, 2009, 02:32 PM
thank you both, I guess I should move back over there. honestly I've been holding out hope that there is a mistake and that all will be well.

I'll check out those stories before my appt and will discuss w/dh so I'll be pretty informed when I go in. I'll discuss all the options and she seems pretty good on keeping things safe but not doing uncessary stuff so, I think whatever will be decided will be in the best interests for me.

its hard b/c I still have pg symptoms and I want to believe there's a baby growing in there.

March 12th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLacy View Post
its hard b/c I still have pg symptoms and I want to believe there's a baby growing in there.
That is really hard. It's unfair too.

March 12th, 2009, 02:42 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry hun. I've had a blighted ovum too. Just to let you know they can take a very long time to m/c naturally. I had to wait for mine to go naturally (long story) and I was about 15w along when I finally m/c'd. They had told me at 7w that it was probably a b/o.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search