Sometimes I'm afraid to tell my dr

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know it sounds silly, but I am afraid to tell my dr that the baby is moving (though he/she is moving like crazy) because I'm afraid of another m/c.

I have these thoughts that I'm going to say "yea, I feel it all the time" then have them do a test or something and say "no, you are wrong, there's no baby there"

Deep down inside I am so frightened of losing this baby....I've waited soooo long for it to happen and it would tear me to pieces if something were to happen now.

My last m/c the baby was 16wks when I lost it (no, we never knew the sex and didn't want to know afterwards). I'm now over 20 wks so I'm past that milestone.....but those afraid feelings seem to never go away (and it wont until I have my babe in my arms).

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months
February 6th, 2006, 10:49 AM
thirdtimesacharm's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to thirdtimesacharm Send a message via Yahoo to thirdtimesacharm
Quote:
I know it sounds silly, but I am afraid to tell my dr that the baby is moving (though he/she is moving like crazy) because I'm afraid of another m/c.

I have these thoughts that I'm going to say "yea, I feel it all the time" then have them do a test or something and say "no, you are wrong, there's no baby there"

Deep down inside I am so frightened of losing this baby....I've waited soooo long for it to happen and it would tear me to pieces if something were to happen now.

My last m/c the baby was 16wks when I lost it (no, we never knew the sex and didn't want to know afterwards). I'm now over 20 wks so I'm past that milestone.....but those afraid feelings seem to never go away (and it wont until I have my babe in my arms).[/b]
Just wanted to send you
February 6th, 2006, 12:32 PM
nmacjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
My last m/c the baby was 16wks when I lost it (no, we never knew the sex and didn't want to know afterwards). I'm now over 20 wks so I'm past that milestone.....but those afraid feelings seem to never go away (and it wont until I have my babe in my arms).[/b]
I,also lost my baby at 16 wks. Plus, I also didn't want to know the sex. However, a few days after my d&c the Doc. called for something and said "she" instead of "the baby". She then proceeds to ask "you knew it was a girl, right?" Needless to say I was HEARTBROKEN. Anyway, I conceived about seven months after the d&c and had a "perfect" pg. I gave birth to a 9lb 13 oz little girl. I swear, she was a little bit bigger than she should have been, because she was making up for her sister we lost!
The reason I am telling you this, is because I just want to let you know that I understand your fears. But a healthy pg after a m/c IS possible. Try to be happy about the baby pings , pangs and movement you feel! Let that doc. know that you feel the baby! The fear will never go away, but at least you might enjoy this pg a little before it is time for you to welcome the little one into this world!
February 6th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everytime I go to the doctor I hold my breath. I am just waiting for the news to come, no baby sorry. I too have waited a long time for this and I have to do a lot of positive self talk. I know this is not a rational fear, but it scares the heck of me anyway. hugs and blessings B
February 7th, 2006, 04:48 AM
hopin4a4rth

I hate going to the Midwife's because I'm paranoid... yet I like it when the appt ends & all is well. I, too, was afraid to tell them yesterday that I feel movement, so when they asked I kind of stuttered and said " A little off and on".

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search