Peri thinks I have a blood disorder

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to have testing done for all sorts of blood clotting disorders and one is thrombophilia. I'm terrified on one level but relieved that if I do have it, it could maybe save my life the life of my baby and possible family members. It can be genetic and after I told him all the family members that have had blood clot issues he thinks if I do have it, it's genetic. My mom had a stroke due to blood clot at 41, an aunt had the same thing at 39, my grandfather had same thing at 67 and died, he had three sisters that had bad blood clots one who died, and my great grand father died from thrombosis.
He wonders if that's what caused the severe pre-eclampsia with DS#1, which may of caused the fluid overload which lead to heart failure, may of added to my early losses along with progesterone problems.
I have told everyone it's nothing but to be honest I'm scared that I'm a ticking time bomb.

On a great note baby is doing great.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

March 11th, 2009, 09:35 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
I know its hard sweety, but Im glad you are seeing a Peri, and that they are running the tests! As long as they know whats going on they can treat it!!
March 12th, 2009, 03:13 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
March 12th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wish they would run these tests for everyone, but especially in pregnancy. I lost my first baby to 2 blood clotting disorders. Mthfr and Antiphospholipid syndrome are the two I have. Once I started the baby aspirin and folic acid I got pregnant easier, didn't mc, and finally had a living baby to bring home with me. I hope you get answers soon and will get the treatment that you and your little bean both need.

March 12th, 2009, 06:27 AM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
(((HUGS))) Sweetie!!! That must be terrifing but atleast they can treat it if thats whats wrong.

March 12th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If I do have it, they can treat it. I just wanted to have a semi-normal pregnancy this time. Who am I kidding no pregnancy after a loss is normal, and no pregnancy after having pregnancy induced heart failure is normal.

Mrs.Poe, I have a question do you have to take meds. when you aren't pregnant?

March 12th, 2009, 08:18 AM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the same 2 disorders as Mrs. Poe. For me it has taken baby aspirin, increased folic acid, B12, B6, progesterone supplements and injections of Lovenox to get pregnant and not miscarry right away.

I was told by my OB that I should continue the baby aspirin after the pregnancy and I should see a hematologist and rheumatologist for further treatment.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

March 12th, 2009, 08:34 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i tested posotive for thrombophilia with both protein c and protein s deficiencies, but only when pregnant. baby aspirin and Lovenox injections(and heparin injections when not on Lovanox) got me my Thea. my levels are slightly out of whack when not pregnant, but not enough to take meds. my ob did say i could go ahead and take a baby aspirin a day, just in case.
my grandfather also had a few clots and my greatgrandmother had more miscarriages than i could imagine (i think in the teens).
March 12th, 2009, 10:54 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can imagine how scary that must be, but I'm glad that your doc seems to be really on top of it. I had all sorts of testing done after my second and third m/c and for awhile I had myself convinced that I had Lupus (I had symptoms and a family history as well). Everything came back neg for me, but I remember how excruciating it was to wait for test results.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
March 12th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well it will be nice to KNOW if you have it or not. At least that was the way I felt about it. I was diagnosed with FVL after insisting they test me for the thrombophilia disorders after my losses and a superficial clot. If you have it, it's treatable, and it feels good just to be doing something, KWIM. Good luck, can't wait to hear your results!

March 12th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dh, said I was complaining but I just am so scared already of something happening. If I do have it one more shot wouldn't be a big deal since in a month or so I will be starting weekly progesterone shots, and I already started insulin.

I just want this baby here safe and sound.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search