had my 22 week midwife appointment today

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2009, 09:11 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
first off i was SOOOOO happy that it wasnt the midwife i normally see!
todays one was lovely, i would have been happy enough if she was my full time one. she is seriously peed with the midwife i have been seeing as well as the doctor. she came to the waiting room and could see the pain on my face just sitting (obviously a LOT worse when i got up and walked) and even though im using my belt and a stick right now, she can see how much im struggling.
anyway, she read my notes and i saw her face drop, seems the midwife i have been seeing has only added my date, heartbeat heard, bp and urine results!!! there is NO info on my blood tests (thankfully i had the letter to say spina bifida etc was all clear but there was nothing about the pain, nose bleeds, bleeding, sickness or anything else!
i told her im moving so she has put as much detail as she could in there today including recomending im reffered to physio as soon as i move. she is very annoyed at the doc as although there is no obstetric physio here, there are ones who are able to help a little with SPD!
she thinks the nosebleeds im getting right now (lasting pretty much all day with small breaks) are due to the fact my bp is seriously low AGAIN! previous ones have been low too and she cant believe nothing was even written about it.
now im even more happy to be moving away so i can be seen by a proper doctor!
she has however stated that in her opinion, i will be having a c section (we kind of thought this due to position of baby but gave chance to change) but she is basing it on my movement restriction due to the SPD. there is a chance physio can help a little but based on how advanced it is already, it seems unlikely. (good job i like people being straight with me)
over all it was a good appointment but one other thing it did was remind me just how quickly things are moving now. 22 weeks on sunday where did that time all go???
xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
March 12th, 2009, 09:38 AM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

March 12th, 2009, 10:35 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW, 22 weeks!
I can't believe it!

Sarah, horray for such a wonderful midwife. Too bad you haven't been able to see her the entire time. Hopefully with the move you with get a great dr or midwife.

March 12th, 2009, 10:35 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW, 22 weeks!
I can't believe it!

Sarah, horray for such a wonderful midwife. Too bad you haven't been able to see her the entire time. Hopefully with the move you with get a great dr or midwife.

March 12th, 2009, 11:01 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
22 weeks? Wow honey, time sure flies. It feels like you just got your BFP yesterday. I hope you get a wonderful dr when you move. I'm glad this m/w was so wonderful to you. Before you know it you will be holding that beautiful baby in your arms. PM me if you have any questions about c-sections or anything. This was my second. Love ya girl!!

March 12th, 2009, 11:51 AM
thanks girls.
i know it sounds silly but i am so scared of a section. when i had my ovary removed i was supposed to be on bedrest for weeks (i am a slow healer) but cos i was single and had kids to look after i pushed myself too hard and ended up not even being able to look after my toddler. i know so many women manage this but the thought of healing slowly, having to stay in hospital etc and being unable to care for my new baby as well as i know i can just scares me.
im sure il come round to the idea and as long as i have my healthy baby then it will all be worth while, i guess i just have to take it all in and see what my new doc suggests next time.
xxx

March 12th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can not believe you are 22 weeks.. . I remember you saying that you were pregnant !!!!!
March 12th, 2009, 01:39 PM
cherryblossom88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
22 weeks!!! thats just crazy. im sure you will be fine with the cestion im going on my third.
Reagan 8/8/06
Sakura 8/24/09
Amaryea 11/18/10

March 12th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe you are already 22 weeks! OMG time goes by so fast. I completely understand about the c-section, I felt the same way. After the m/c I was suppose to stay home for a few days to heals and I went back to work and made thing worse for me. With the c-section I will say it has been hard and I would not recommended pushing it.
So I know I missed a lot, but tell me about the move, I want to hear it all.

March 12th, 2009, 02:47 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, 22 weeks already!!!! I wish I could say sections aren't that bad - but since the first time (well it was the same surgery with the same result anyway) I didn't have a baby to take home and this time since Kaiden was in the NICU for 6 weeks, I don't know how that would go being home right away with a newborn. but overall sections aren't bad to recover from. I was back to normal in 5 days, just restricted my activity. Advice - DON'T try to carry a laptop for a quarter mile 1 week after the surgery . . .
March 13th, 2009, 01:49 AM
thanks for all the support girls. yesterday seems to have been a bad day as i got a text last night saying mark was on way to hospital. my helping hand for moving is.... now on crutches! he has torn ligaments and tendon in his ankle and will have to have an op. its sent him back into wobble mode for being a dad again (he was playing with his son when he did it) just as i thought everything was working out!
the plan is still to get moved next weekend so i may be without net for a little while (wont be for long so dont worry)
the bedrooms in the new house are huge. can fit 3 beds in the boys bedroom there is a couple of downsides (its a maisonette so stairs just to get in, toilet is upstairs, small kitchen) but the pros far outweight them and my bedroom is downstairs so if i do have to rest more at the end of this, i only have to get to the house. my room is also big enough for my bed, all baby things and for the kids to come in and chill with me so i wont feel so bad about being in bed.
anyway, guess i better get back to sorting stuff now mark wont be able to help.
love you girls loads
xxx

March 13th, 2009, 06:59 AM
MamaTTx2's Avatar Super Mommy
Holy Cow!! 22 weeks! Good for you mama!
Sorry to hear that you are having such difficulty. T&P!!

Kaylee Rose (born April 13, 2009)
Ethan Lucas (5 yrs. old)
March 16th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad to hear you finally met with a midwife who was more informational and helpful!! About Mark's foot!! Try not to over-do it, Sarah! OK?!? I hope your move goes smoothly and you can find LOTS of help!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search