New Here! *Updated*

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2009, 07:26 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
I've posted here and there over months but never really got comfy here. I figured i'd come with my story now that i'm pregnant. I know you all can relate to me being nervous and being afraid to get attached to this pregnancy and this baby.

I'm Rebecca (used to be atwinklylilstar/nurserebecca08), my SO is Chris. I have had two ectopic pregnancies.. 11/06 and 3/07. With the second ectopic, they removed my right tube. I've suffered with endometriosis since I was 13 and there was some speculation that this is why my right tube was causing problems. Most recently, I went to my doctor (in Sept) for excessive pain and bleeding with periods. He was concerned that I was developing adenomyosis in my uterine wall, did an u/s and said it looked okay for now but my time for childbearing was getting short. He said if the adenomyosis showed up I would need a hysterectomy. So it was have a baby or have a hysterectomy. Fast forward months and a dr change. We visited a RE and found out that at the time of the ultrasound my dr did, I already had the start of adenomyosis, which he never mentioned. The RE we saw was brutal and nasty.. thankfully we found out that the clomid my new dr had prescribed was enough and we got our BFP on 2/27.

Things seemed okay but due to my high risk status we were ordered to have beta levels drawn every 48 hours. The first few were fine.. then they stopped doubling.. and were barely rising. 198 to 357 to 385 to 405. The dr said I was having a miscarriage and scheduled a D&C for 3/13. On 3/11 my beta went from 405 to 756.. NEARLY DOUBLED! out of the blue. Doctor cancelled the D&C. Beta on 3/13 was 2055!! and today it was 4400! We are still nervous as ever, confused. We're having an ultrasound Tuesday to see if there's a sac and I will be 6w on tuesday so they're thinking if there is a baby in my uterus that we may also see a heartbeat.

In all our time together, I've never seen Chris cry. He bawled so hard when the dr said it was a m/c that he was gagging. It was terrible. Now that the dr has brought back hope, he is so skeptical. I know he'll feel better after seeing a heartbeat, but any suggestion until then? It's hard because I don't want to get my hopes up but don't also want to give up hope.. if that makes any sense?

Thanks for reading that huge amount of babbling... I'm open to any advice or suggestions.

**Update**
Today we saw the most beautiful thing possible. Our baby's heartbeat. It was 104 which is right on for 6 weeks. The baby is measuring right on target also. Turns out miracles truly do happy Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers!

Last edited by ~AmazedByYou~; March 17th, 2009 at 11:06 AM.
March 16th, 2009, 01:56 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1

sorry i dont have time to leave a long message right now as on way out door but wanted to send hugs and
praying for good news at your u/s and hoping like mine, your baby proves them wrong!
xxx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
March 16th, 2009, 04:09 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm excited to see this news, actually. I love to see little rays of hope. It's not surprising that Chris is skeptical. After all the heartbreak that you two have been through, I'm sure it's hard to hope.

As for making it until Tuesday, well, the only thing that has really helped me is to keep busy. It's easier not to think/worry about it that way.

And LOADS of sticky baby to you!!

March 16th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
I'm excited to see this news, actually. I love to see little rays of hope. It's not surprising that Chris is skeptical. After all the heartbreak that you two have been through, I'm sure it's hard to hope.

As for making it until Tuesday, well, the only thing that has really helped me is to keep busy. It's easier not to think/worry about it that way.

And LOADS of sticky baby to you!!

Thank you!! I stalked you when you were due with the little guy and was sooo happy to see how beautiful and healthy he and erin both are. Makes my heart melt! Hopefully this is our sticky baby also, we shall see.. thanks for the sticky dust, we could use it

March 16th, 2009, 07:31 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Those #s are sure looking promising. Welcome to the board! You've been through so much! I'm really glad that you changed to a more positive doc. Just wanted to let you know that my #s didn't double at one point this time. We stopped doing numbers at that point and just had u/s, so I don't know what happened to my numbers after that, but I'll be 28 weeks on Wed!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
March 16th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyanne View Post
Those #s are sure looking promising. Welcome to the board! You've been through so much! I'm really glad that you changed to a more positive doc. Just wanted to let you know that my #s didn't double at one point this time. We stopped doing numbers at that point and just had u/s, so I don't know what happened to my numbers after that, but I'll be 28 weeks on Wed!

that's encouraging! we're staying cautiously optimistic! less than 12 hours til we really know what's going on in there. Doubt i'll sleep tonight! keeping our fingers crossed

March 16th, 2009, 09:45 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
welcome to the board !!

your numbers look good !! we will all be wishing you the very best !! sending you lots of sticky dust your way!:dus t:

March 17th, 2009, 11:25 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Welcome and Congrats! That is awesome that you saw the hb. I am so happy for you. Miracles do happen. You will be holding a beautiful healthy baby in 9 months. I look forward to getting to know you.

March 17th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What wonderful news!!

Hopefully that'll teach your doc a lesson on how to NOT jump to conclusions!! Way to go super bean!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
March 18th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
and congrats on getting to see that beautiful hb!!! I think you can definitely be a great source of inspiration for a lot of women whose doctors don't give them much hope!

I look forward to getting to know you!
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search