Update at 31w

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was on bedrest since 26 weeks. I was starting to freak out that this little one would come early. Went today for a follow-up u/s and appt. Cervix is staying at 3.5 so the OB thinks my chances of pre-term are almost normal now. Baby is already measuring 4.5lbs which really means 5.5lbs since they are always 1-3pds off for me. (short babies but fat). And he/she is breech..So not happy about the position. I know I have about 3-4 weeks before I start to totally freak out but if he/she is still breech at the next u/s (35w) and is not frank breech, we'll be scheduling the csection then. (My OB will allow me to deliver a frank breech due to the number of babies I've had).

However I just did the math, this baby will probably be 13pds at 38w if I make it that long. Glad I didn't waste time making anything NB or 0-3 month sizes cause I doubt we'll be using them.

Oh and I'm off bedrest so I went back to sewing last night. It was nice to be able to sit up and stand again. Though I've been warned that just because there is nothing on the cervix doesn't mean the contractions won't start up again so to take it easy..

March 18th, 2009, 06:07 AM
*Pamela*
So glad to see an update from you and that you are off bedrest! What are you sewing? I make quilts when I can but I want to try and make some baby dresses for Gabriella.

Don't know if you remember, but Gabriella was breech, they tried to turn her but no success so ended up with section. You never know, your baby could turn at last min. For me, I just had that gut feeling that my baby wasn't going to turn.

Keep us posted hun, thinking of you and baby and pray she/he stays put for a bit longer.
March 18th, 2009, 07:14 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is nice that you are off bedrest. i had PTL and didn't have Thea until 38 weeks.
i hope baby turns for you
March 18th, 2009, 08:23 AM
.x~KAT~x.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to .x~KAT~x.
yay for being allowed to move about again!! i hate bedrest!! xx
March 18th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY! for an update!! So glad to hear that things are going well and you have been released from bedrest!!

March 18th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes I totally agree, bedrest sucks especially when the husband patrol never leaves. I finally told the OB either get me off or I'll filling for a divorce. I couldn't take him much longer. I'd get up to use the bathroom and he'd yell at me to get back into bed and tell him what I needed. When I said bed pan, he finally would let me go. I couldn't imagine another 5-7 weeks of it.

Quote:
What are you sewing?
Cloth diapers, sleeping sacks, a few blankets and a few outfits. Since I don't know the sex, I won't make any dresses until I do. If he comes out a boy, I won't be making him any clothes since I have a ton from DS. If it's a girl, I'll be making a ton since I gave away all of my girl clothes.
I've finished one of the baby's blankets but waiting for Easter to come since I need more soft fabric to finish the other one. I should never give up something I know I really can't live without however food wasn't an option and I was stuck at home so there wasn't much else to give up.

March 18th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you are off bedrest!

You should share some pics of what you have made...I know that I always have sewers envy when I see the nice things that talented people can make
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search