miscalculated? what do you think?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Hey everyone! So this is what is going on...My lmp was January 1, I never got my period in February. I started taking UPT about a week after I missed my period,all negative. Went to doctor on 2/9 and had blood test..came back negative. Kept taking upt about every other day for about a week, all negative. Finally on 2/19 we got a BFP!! Went back to dr 2/23 & had blood test..levels were 5000! (First of all I dont understand how that is possible after getting negative test just a week before) Went to different doctor & had ultrasound 3/9 all we saw was gestational sac? Doctor said we must have lost the baby?

The dr thinks I should be atleast 8 weeks along judging by my lmp..the thing is I didnt get any positive till 2/19?! That would only make me max of 4 weeks at time of ultrasound (maybe concieved right before period was due?) But the only thing lingereing in the back of my head is that beta-5000? We have another ultrasound on Monday, im trying not to get my hopes to high. I have had no bleeding at all,no cramping, nothing that would indicate miscarrige. (i have had two prior miscarriges) Ugh, i dont know what do yall think...am I just getting my hopes up for nothing?
[IMG]/justmommies/vb/images/misc/progress.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/justmommies/vb/images/buttons/edit.gif[/IMG]
March 20th, 2009, 11:33 AM
.x~KAT~x.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to .x~KAT~x.
my hcg was 5000 when i was 5 weeks. At that point i only had an empty sac too, i think there is still some hope for you, fingers crossed for monday and KUP x
March 20th, 2009, 11:43 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At 4w 2d my hcg was 2363, so it was quite high for how far along I was. I had an u/s the next day and all that was seen was what they thought was 2 gestational sacs. Turned out one was a sac, the other was a bleed most likely.

I think no bleeding/cramping is a good sign, please keep us posted x

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
March 21st, 2009, 06:55 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like there is a good possibility that you are only about 5 or 6 weeks along, and from hearing many stories on this board, there are quite a few people that only see a sac at that point (I think that is the norm). Did you give your Dr the above history? I hope you see a baby on your next u/s.
March 22nd, 2009, 08:51 AM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you weren't charting your temps/using OPKs/etc or anything like that, your dates could easily be off by a couple weeks.

I hope you get good news tomorrow at your U/S. Please KUP!
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search