Bonnie's introduction

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2009, 11:43 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello everyone!
Here is my intro/short version of my story.

My name is Bonnie and DH is Bill; we've been married for one year today!!! (March 22). On Friday we found out we are expecting for our third time!
The first pregnancy we discovoered on May 21, 2008. Four days later I miscarried at 4 weeks 6 days pregnant. On June 26, 2008, when AF was 2 days past due, we found out we were expecting again! We had an u/s on July 31 at 9 weeks 3 days and all was well. On October 23 we had the big u/s at 21 weeks 3 days. We found out we were having a son! Roald Wallace Lightner!

On October 29 I got a call saying we were scheduled for another u/s on November 19 as he had measured a little bit to small. I was told nothing was wrong, though. On November 13 I had a regular appointment. The nurse, then the doctor, were unable to get his heartbeat on the doppler. I was sent for an emergency u/s where there was nothing but the sound of air and no movement. I was admitted to the hospital that night and induced early the next morning.

I was in labor from 11:00 AM Friday, November 14 until I gave birth at 12:30 AM Saturday, November 15. Roald was 1 pound 0 ounces even and 11 inches long. I was 24 weeks 5 days pregnant. He was laid to rest on November 20. He had a lean/thin umbilical cord with little or no Wharton's jelly, which may or may not have been caused by my severe morning sickness with heavy vomiting. Most babies who have a lean cord are fine and are delivered safely, but are usually small for gestational age. If their cord becomes twisted or bends, it can cut off all blood and oxygen to baby, resulting in death. That is what happened. It is not genetic and not LIKELY to happen again.

We officially started TTC in March. My EDD was March 2 and that was my first fertile day. We were not "active" March 3 and I was also fertile on March 4 and we were active, lol. I remember feeling O cramping even on March 5. On Wednesday and Thursday I had faint BFPs and on Friday I finally got that definite BFP!! We conceived around Roald's due date!!!

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
March 22nd, 2009, 01:37 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
hello Bonnie !
welcome to the board....I am so very sorry for your loss....
I am glad you have joined us here.....I think you will find everyone very supportive.
PAL is a very scary time and we all understand....
I look forward to posting with you !
Congratulations !!

March 22nd, 2009, 07:50 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Bonnie!

I am sorry about your losses, but congratulations on your BFP! This is a great board and I think you will enjoy the wonderful women here!

I look forward to getting to know you
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

March 22nd, 2009, 10:31 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm so excited to see you up here Bonnie! Congrats again!

March 23rd, 2009, 03:38 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone and hi Brittanie!!!

I've wanted to post more but for some reason our computer chose the perfect weekend to start giving us problems grr. It is almost 6 years old, so I should have seen this coming, lol. Hopefully it passes or we figure out what the problem is!

Thanks again!

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
March 23rd, 2009, 05:43 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Bonnie and welcome to PAL! I am very sorry to hear about your losses.

I hope you have a very happy and healthy pg, and I can't wait to get to know you more.
March 23rd, 2009, 10:41 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome over to PAL, Bonnie!!! Congrats on your pregnancy, I'm sending you lots of sticky and best wishes for a happy and healthy 8 months!! I am so terribly sorry for your previous losses.

March 23rd, 2009, 10:59 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Bonnie!

It is such a miracle that you concieved when your son should have been due. I bet he's guarding over this new little one!

March 23rd, 2009, 12:58 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome to PAL! congratulations on your pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search